PDA

View Full Version : Home Made Signs at Football Games

Pruitt
10-26-2010, 03:17 PM
http://deadspin.com/5673207/tony-romo-is-probably-out-for-the-seasonAny male over the age of 14 who brings a sign to a game should be embarrassed.

However, that's not the main point of my rant. Late in the Cowboys game last night, a woman was seen holding up a sign that read (I paraphrase a bit) "Romo's Clavicle is broken and so is my heart." There was a little magic marker heart drawn on the sign.

The mind is boggled at what kind of a moron brings a blank sheet of bristol board and sharpies to a game just so they can hold up a sign commenting on the game in order to, I guess, either get their face on TV or amuse /touch their neighbours with their commentary on the game.

I don't think I've ever seen a fan who was more deserving of having a beer shower.

Andy Freeland
10-26-2010, 03:26 PM
I didn't see the sign, but my guess is that it was written on the back of another sign. She probably borrowed a sharpie from TO (let's pretend TO is still with the Cowboys so that joke works).

I think the reason most people bring signs is to try to get on TV, like being on TV is something magical. I've known quite a few people that have been on TV and trust me there's nothing special or magical about them. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go update my resume.

Pruitt
10-26-2010, 03:34 PM
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/romoposter.jpg

Classic!

brauneyz
10-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Gee, Pruitt, I thought that sign was kinda cute. Now you've got me psychologically profiling fans for premeditation. :)

I'm so glad I don't know anyone famous.

bluestree
10-26-2010, 04:07 PM
Gee, Pruitt, I thought that sign was kinda cute. Now you've got me psychologically profiling fans for premeditation. :)

I'm so glad I don't know anyone famous.

"Fame is fleeting. Popularity is an accident. Money takes flight and in the end, only character endures." - Horace Greely

Pruitt
10-26-2010, 04:48 PM
All of these signs should just read: "HEY! LOOK AT ME!!"

GoBigOrGoHome
10-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Sucks being at a game, stuck sitting behind "Look at My Sign Guy". What a tool. Or 'toolette' in this case.

DannyMilk
10-26-2010, 07:45 PM
Those are the people that, if the sign KEEPS going up, and KEEPS getting in my way...i tell an usher...if the usher doesn't take the sign, that's when I take it, and rip it up into 100 little pieces...no one should care about being on tv, and no one wants to read your sign...sporting events I usually don't see this, but at the end of MY WWE watching career (circa 2002ish), it went from maybe 10 signs per section to literally 99% of the people in attendance holding up signs, CONSTANTLY, throughout the whole show...too annoying, and it really grinds my gears, Peter Griffin style!