PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching the World Series?

TheRealJosh
10-27-2010, 03:25 AM
I was just curious if anyone was planning to watch it whenever it starts.

Polishguy00
10-27-2010, 08:10 AM
Yeah, I'll watch. Some pretty good stories out there actually, not like America will notice.

GoBigOrGoHome
10-27-2010, 12:33 PM
Absolutely. Lee & Lincecum & Hamilton, etc. Playoff baseball is great. If we could just 86 Joe Buck, it would be all good.

KabaModernFan
10-27-2010, 04:05 PM
Yeah, I'll watch. Some pretty good stories out there actually, not like America will notice.

When the Jacksonville Jaguars beat one of the most important games in the postseason of a sport, that sport is dead. And I couldn't be happier. :)

Swami
10-27-2010, 04:37 PM
The World Series ... The World Series ... rings a bell. I think it even used to be on t.v. back in the day. Tell me, did they ever come back after the strike?

Colts01
10-27-2010, 11:34 PM
only for Brian Wilsons beard

GoBigOrGoHome
10-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Nolan Ryan is a dying breed in American Sport. A total class act who was also one of the greatest ever. Go Rangers!

Polishguy00
10-28-2010, 08:16 AM
There was a game last night. Guys threw things. People ran. Except for Vladimir Guerrero, of course.

DemCowboys
10-28-2010, 10:43 AM
There was a game last night. Guys threw things. People ran. Except for Vladimir Guerrero, of course.

When Vlad tries to run, I swear his legs are going to fall off at the hip. I have never seen an athlete with the most uncomfortable looking running motion.

msclemons
10-28-2010, 02:11 PM
What's the bigger shock, Oakland putting up 59 against the Broncos or the SF Giants tagging Cliff Lee for 7 runs?

buzmeg
10-28-2010, 02:30 PM
The last World Series I actually watched was when the New York Giants swept the Cleveland Indians back in 1954. I was a NY Giants fan.

Three seasons later they were the San Francisco Giants and my baseball days were over.

SpartaChris
10-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Nope. I might tune in if it's top or bottom of the 9th and the Rangers are 3 outs away from winning it. Otherwise probably not.

DannyMilk
10-28-2010, 03:54 PM
I watched, but drunkenly...we started rooting for the Rangers because some guy in the bar had money on them haha...It was an interesting storyline that Cliff Lee got lit up seeing his previous postseason stats. That's like saying Chris Johnson only would run for 38 yards against a terrible run defense

Docta
10-28-2010, 08:51 PM
I watched, but drunkenly...we started rooting for the Rangers because some guy in the bar had money on them haha...It was an interesting storyline that Cliff Lee got lit up seeing his previous postseason stats. That's like saying Chris Johnson only would run for 38 yards against a terrible run defense
It's not like the Giants have a terrible offense though. Solid throughout their whole lineup. Every pitcher has at least 1 bad game.

GoBigOrGoHome
10-28-2010, 11:08 PM
Wilson (Rangers' pitcher) just took himself out of the game with a blister. A goddamm blister. I bet Nolan Ryan wants a piece of that guy right about now.

Pansy.

hassan812
10-28-2010, 11:48 PM
With all the talk bout Lee and Lincecum, Matt Cain has been just as impressive this postseason. This guy has been dominant.

GoBigOrGoHome
10-29-2010, 12:28 AM
The old saying "It's not a series until the home team loses a game" comes in to play here. If the Rangers get swept, Nolan Ryan should line up his entire team and bean them. You know that guy can still fire it 85+ MPH.

msclemons
10-29-2010, 12:47 AM
I have mixed feelings about this series. I love seeing people from Texas suffer, but Nolan Ryan was my childhood hero. After he cold-cocked Ventura he became my adult hero as well.

I'm also upset that the Giants are trying to suck me back into baseball after they screwed me in 1994.

All that aside... how in the hell do you walk in two runs in the World freaking Series? How do you allow 7 runs after two outs in the bottom of the eighth? I'm thinking the guys from Texas, being un-used to marijuana, caught a contact high from all the degenerates in the stands at PacBell Park.

GoBigOrGoHome
10-29-2010, 01:01 AM
I have mixed feelings about this series. I love seeing people from Texas suffer, but Nolan Ryan was my childhood hero. After he cold-cocked Ventura he became my adult hero as well.

I'm also upset that the Giants are trying to suck me back into baseball after they screwed me in 1994.

All that aside... how in the hell do you walk in two runs in the World freaking Series? How do you allow 7 runs after two outs in the bottom of the eighth? I'm thinking the guys from Texas, being un-used to marijuana, caught a contact high from all the degenerates in the stands at PacBell Park.

//chuckles like a 15-year-old

Colts01
10-29-2010, 01:02 AM
I'm thinking the guys from Texas, being un-used to marijuana, caught a contact high from all the degenerates in the stands at PacBell Park.
Simmons did say that San Francisco was one of the best park experiences in MLB.Now we know why!

msclemons
10-29-2010, 01:07 AM
Probably explains why everyone raves about the garlic fries too.

GoBigOrGoHome
10-29-2010, 01:09 AM
Garlic fries? I'll take an order!!

Andy Freeland
10-29-2010, 02:49 PM
I have to admit, there's a part of me that wants every first time World Series participant to lose, just so they can fully appreciate what winning one is like.

KabaModernFan
10-29-2010, 03:49 PM
I have to admit, there's a part of me that wants every first time World Series participant to lose, just so they can fully appreciate what winning one is like.

That's like saying you want everyone to die, just so they can fully appreciate what living is like. I don't think that's necessarily fair...

Andy Freeland
10-29-2010, 04:51 PM
That's like saying you want everyone to die, just so they can fully appreciate what living is like. I don't think that's necessarily fair...

thats a bit of an over statement. losing the ws isn't dying, there's always next year. more like saying everyone should be poor at least once in their life to really appreciate having money.

GoBigOrGoHome
10-30-2010, 02:24 AM
thats a bit of an over statement. losing the ws isn't dying, there's always next year. more like saying everyone should be poor at least once in their life to really appreciate having money.

All true. But, if the Cubs ever make it back to the series and lose...

Ninernightmare
10-30-2010, 01:58 PM
Thats assuming he believes in life after death, Maybe he is like me and thinks when we die we cease to exist. When it comes to Baseball It was my first love and I was out completely after the players strike in 94 by 95 I was back in cheering for the Giants. I love baseball and always will, Its such a strange sport. You can have out of weight guys who look like they have had far to many beers dominate the game. You can have Tiny long haired dudes take Pitchings top honor in back to back years, One league plays by a completely different rule set then the other. I love how they do the playoff format, Only 8 teams make it, While mediocre teams have gotten into the playoffs they are few and far between it happens every year in the other sports. I like watching all the odd batting stances players have. Some of them so odd no one else uses them and it defies all logic how there able to hit a ball like that but yet they still do. I love how Home runs fly into McCovey cove I like how during the playoffs everytime a hitter makes contact you can hear the crowds gasp.

The NFL may be more exciting and faster, Baseball is far from perfect but I still love the sport and I'm gonna love it a whole lot more if the Giants can get two more games.

DannyMilk
10-30-2010, 02:00 PM
Thats assuming he believes in life after death, Maybe he is like me and thinks when we die we cease to exist. When it comes to Baseball It was my first love and I was out completely after the players strike in 94 by 95 I was back in cheering for the Giants. I love baseball and always will, Its such a strange sport. You can have out of weight guys who look like they have had far to many beers dominate the game. You can have Tiny long haired dudes take Pitchings top honor in back to back years, One league plays by a completely different rule set then the other. I love how they do the playoff format, Only 8 teams make it, While mediocre teams have gotten into the playoffs they are few and far between it happens every year in the other sports. I like watching all the odd batting stances players have. Some of them so odd no one else uses them and it defies all logic how there able to hit a ball like that but yet they still do. I love how Home runs fly into McCovey cove I like how during the playoffs everytime a hitter makes contact you can hear the crowds gasp.

The NFL may be more exciting and faster, Baseball is far from perfect but I still love the sport and I'm gonna love it a whole lot more if the Giants can get two more games.

I think Kenny Powers is somewhere in Mexico shedding a couple tears of joy reading this haha