PDA

View Full Version : Most Unwatchable Team

DannyMilk
07-06-2010, 01:47 PM
There are bad teams, and then there are 0-16 Detroit Lion unwatchable teams. It appears STL is the early favorite to run away with it, especially if Stephen Jackson gets hurt, which I'm fully expecting, but what other teams out there could turn into a trainwreck for the entire season?

KabaModernFan
07-06-2010, 04:03 PM
The Rams might be bad - really bad - but at least they have Steven Jackson, who is one of the best backs in the league when healthy. The Bills don't have anybody do they? I can't think of a single reason why I would want to watch this year's Bills team.

badgers7
07-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Tough poll because I want to pick every team on the list. I probably would not watch a game with any of these teams unless they were playing the Packers or one of our rivals later in the season. At least the Lions have Calvin Johnson and Stafford so I guess I wouldn't vote for them. Other than that though, there isn't much of a compelling reason to watch these teams. I voted for the Browns because their uniforms are terrible which is the only way I could break the tie of awfulness.

ScottDCP
07-06-2010, 04:23 PM
This is a tough one. Abunch of tyhese teams did nothing to address their weaknesses. Looking here at Buffalo, Kansas City, Cleveland, and St Louis. I don't pay much attention to the rest, although I think Detroit will be among the cream of this group. I think Buffalo's return teams give them the edge in watchability over St. Louis, and it's tough to call for KC, but I've seen just about every Bills snap for twenty five years and I can't uimagine them being more disappointing these days. I leave out the Browns because I hate them. So it's St Louis for me.

nolaguy
07-06-2010, 04:24 PM
Easy answer...The Raiders

stockman311
07-06-2010, 04:38 PM
It's got to be the Browns. At least the Rams have Steven Jackson for Fantasy Football watching value. The Browns score 9 pts per game. How do you watch that?

Pruitt
07-06-2010, 06:06 PM
You know, as a fan of both the Bills and the Browns (a long sad story, don't ask), it hurts me to see them both listed here.

There's an old cliche that says "a man never died wishing he'd spent more time at work". For me, it should be "a man never died wishing he'd seen more December Browns' games."

stockman311
07-06-2010, 06:13 PM
The main problem with the Bills and Browns is that they are located in Buffalo and Cleveland respectively. Players nor coaches want to go there. I don't blame them.

Cris Collinsworth
07-06-2010, 06:23 PM
When they drafted CJ Spiller, that is what I was thinking. They were drafting someone to help them sell tickets. I know they are hoping for the next Chris Johnson, but that is a much better OL in Tennessee than what they have in Buffalo. Maybe they were trying to protect Trent Edwards by giving him a chance to get the ball out of his hands quickly with the possiblility of a big play. But, it is sure easy to name greater needs on the Bills than running back.

trh5001
07-06-2010, 06:24 PM
The bills have c.j.spiller who at least has the potential for a big play every play so i think that at least makes them remotely watchable also the browns have joshua cribbs. Also to be perfectly clear if my choice was a bills vs browns game or anything else on tv I'm still watching the football game.

stockman311
07-06-2010, 06:26 PM
What if it were bill/browns going against SI's swimsuit addition TV special? I think I'd have to go with SI in that case.

GiantsFaninToronto
07-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Since I've moved to the Toronto area six years ago, Buffalo has for the most part been absolutely craptastic.

And having been born and raised in Browns country, well, thank goodness I caught on to the Giants when I was six.

ShawnDeal
07-06-2010, 08:31 PM
I voted for the Browns, but sometimes wonder if it's just because I think their uni's are God awful ugly. Even Cribbs can't look good in them.

Polishguy00
07-06-2010, 08:48 PM
I voted for the Browns based on nothing but recent memory. I actually think the team is going in the right direction, but there are still some moves that definitely confused me. I do not see why Brady Quinn is not going to get a shot at all in Cleveland. He had one good game, got hurt, then got put in and then yanked out of the lineup and has something like 10 career starts. A little more than a half season does not make a career. Holgren must have not liked what he saw on tape from him, but I just do not get paying Jake Delhomme $8MM per year just for some leadership. The receivers dropped a ton of passes, enough to the point that the Browns just began to stop throwing to the receivers late last year. I mean, it probably is not good for young QBs to have the only two guys that can catch taken away from them, even if I am including Braylon Edwards in that reference. It is amazing that the Browns are basically in the same position they were in 1999. By the way, the career stats after five seasons for Troy Aikman and Tim Couch are remarkably similar. I may be a Bears fan but I live in Browns country, so I truly hope Holmgren has this ship floating in two years. Those fans are angry and sad, and I don't blame them.

DannyMilk
07-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Both times I've put polls up, I've forgotten to vote myself at first. I voted on this one before I started reading the comments, and after going over the bottom feeders once again, I clicked the Bills, expecting to be the only one to vote that way. In a way, there may be worse teams on here, but I can't find one reason to watch the Bills, except to see my old Chicago friend Dick Jauron.......wait, he's gone? Oh, yeah, no reason to watch them at all. I think the Bills will be Wide Right this year

BigDerf
07-06-2010, 11:38 PM
The Bills have Spiller and the Browns have Cribbs... both of whom I'm interested in seeing with the ball. There isn't a single player on the Buccaneers I feel that way about.

Pruitt
07-07-2010, 11:12 AM
When they drafted CJ Spiller, that is what I was thinking. They were drafting someone to help them sell tickets. I know they are hoping for the next Chris Johnson, but that is a much better OL in Tennessee than what they have in Buffalo. Maybe they were trying to protect Trent Edwards by giving him a chance to get the ball out of his hands quickly with the possiblility of a big play. But, it is sure easy to name greater needs on the Bills than running back.

When they took Spiller, I almost threw my dog out the window.

Kidding, but the Bills lines are beyond bad - they are abysmal. The excitement that Spiller will generate by the occasional 30 yard run will die a slow death as the other team then sacks the QB before the Bills punt and they opposition then embarks on a 10 play 78 yard TD drive.

jeffwaytowich
07-07-2010, 11:19 AM
The Browns must win this award. I know they Cribs, but outside of the return game how much impact can he have? Who gets him the ball at WR? And does being a receiver hurt his return skills ala Devin Hester?

I mean, the Browns have Jake the Snake at QB!

Steelermol
07-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Tough choices. I immediately wanted to go with the Rams, but Bradford and Steven Jackson are worth at leats checking out while I am flipping the channels. But the Bucs? Yikes! Name one receiver on that team. Name a member of their D who makes big hits. Its always sunny there. No, not for me.

Jdemuesy
07-07-2010, 04:22 PM
The Bills could have been more watchable had they drafted ANY OTHER POSITION other than running back. It was arguably their strongest area before the draft. I know you shouldn't draft based on need...but when you need help everywhere else, you might want to consider it.

The Browns have been unwatchable in the past for sure (I should know, I'm a fan) but with Mike Holmgren in place as the teams President, it feels like we are at least headed in the right direction, maybe for the first time since coming back into the league in 1999.

Jdemuesy
07-07-2010, 04:24 PM
By the way, 28 votes and none for the Jaguars? I know they have MJD...but come on!

DannyMilk
07-07-2010, 04:47 PM
By the way, 28 votes and none for the Jaguars? I know they have MJD...but come on!

I voted for the Bills, and there are some people who don't think they are that bad, but they are probably in my top 3 or 4 of unwatchable, along with the Browns and Lions...probably the Bucs too, but I like their stadium haha...I think the Rams will be terrible, probably the worst record in the league, but I just don't know if they will be unwatchable, as far as sacks and turnovers and things like that, especially when Bradford takes over.

btw, I would say in the MLB right now that the Diamondbacks bullpen is unwatchable, but just like a car crash, you can't look away, and they were one here in Chicago (Cubs) this week, and it made me so happy seeing that nightmare haha. Ok, back to football now...

ScottDCP
07-07-2010, 04:56 PM

Absotively right on the money. They even said they drafted him for 'excitement' (Buddy Nix, who is otherwise quite interesting to hear at a podium - http://www.13wham.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=213096@wokr.web.entriq.net&navCatId=2843), which translates pretty readily to 'ticket sales'. Jackson protects the QB (I notice Edwards listed as presumptive starter - neatly done) better than most, both blocking and receiving (check out his reception highlights: it was too often a great catch).

They screwed up.

JUMPAROUND
07-07-2010, 05:07 PM
It's gotta be the Browns. Joshua Cribbs and Joe Thomas are the only players that present any amount of intrigue. I'm talking about watching a game because of an offensive lineman..this MUST mean that it is the Browns.

Jdemuesy
07-07-2010, 05:12 PM
I was in a DICK'S Sporting Goods in Twinsburg (20 min south of Cleveland) and they had three Browns jerseys for sale... Josh Cribbs, Joe Thomas, and Colt McCoy. I thought that was absolutely pathetic...is there another franchise in the NFL who only has three marketable athletes? One of them being a rookie who has never stepped on the field?

That being said, I still stick by my Bills vote.

Gandalf2300
07-07-2010, 05:20 PM
Great comments here-I agree with Collinsworth-the pick of Spiller by the Bills was a head-scratcher, as the O-line and defense are terrible, and there are no decent WR and no real QB. I voted for the Bills as the most unwatchable team for 2010-while the Rams are still a losing team, they have added some decent talent and have a strong GM and a strong Head Coach who appear to be building in the right direction. The Rams have a decent QB prospect in Bradford. The Rams have Steven Jackson, who is prone to injury but at least can move the ball down the field. The Bills don't have much of a front office, and only hired Chan Gailey because the top tier coaching candidates ran for the bushes when Buffalo called. No disrespect to Chan Gailey, he has had some success in the NFL, but he has a tall mountain to climb-the Bills are in the bottom of the abyss right now. I hope they give Gailey 4-5 years, because he will need all of that time and then some to turn the Bills around.

The Rams are at least climbing out of the abyss. While the Rams will not be fun to watch most of the time, the Bills will be even more pathetic-could 0-16 happen again?

Also a RIP to Tim Russert, the late newsman, who was a loyal Bills fan to the end.

Colts01
07-08-2010, 06:43 AM
bills as they dont have a qb and its gonna be painful buffalo fans

TheLinc
07-08-2010, 08:23 AM
My $.02 is, hands down, the Buccs. I crashed with a buddy of mine who lives in Tampa last fall and we attended the Giants game that Sunday. What I witnessed was one of the most thorough beatings I have seen this side of Tyson-Spinks; it wasn't even football. I don't know WHAT the Buccs were doing, they had no sense of offense, defense, special teams - I can't even articulate how pathetic a showing it was, on top of the fact they don't have any skill players worth watching, and don't try to plead Winslow's case. Everytime Leftwich marched back out for a new series, his body language SCREAMED "I don't want to be out here," just waiting for three and out.

The ONLY highlight of the game came at the end when they put in Josh Johnson, who managed to salvage a respectable drive in the last couple minutes - the only one of the game for Tampa.

I think they had a great draft, but the Buccs still have no players worth paying the price of admission for - the Lions are slowly building back up, even the Rams have a great RB and a new franchise general. It was only one game that I went to, but it is burned into my memory for its horrendousness - so much so that I just made that word up to describe it.

InNOutBurgler
07-08-2010, 08:39 AM

Also, how many players like Spiller or Chris Johnson succeed in places like Buffalo or Green Bay. Sure they can be exciting during SEP and OCT, but once it starts lingering down around the twenty degree mark, don't bigger, stronger backs usually have more success than scat backs? I'm fine with warm weather teams or dome teams taking those types of players and I think every team should have at least one, but not at the expense of your lines or QB. Isn't Fred Jackson serviceable enough for Buffalo? I just feel that whenever a team is so influenced by the elements like Buffalo is that they need to adopt a more physical approach with more strength and smarts than speed and flash.

InNOutBurgler
07-08-2010, 08:46 AM
My $.02 is, hands down, the Buccs. I crashed with a buddy of mine who lives in Tampa last fall and we attended the Giants game that Sunday. What I witnessed was one of the most thorough beatings I have seen this side of Tyson-Spinks; it wasn't even football. I don't know WHAT the Buccs were doing, they had no sense of offense, defense, special teams - I can't even articulate how pathetic a showing it was, on top of the fact they don't have any skill players worth watching, and don't try to plead Winslow's case. Everytime Leftwich marched back out for a new series, his body language SCREAMED "I don't want to be out here," just waiting for three and out.

The ONLY highlight of the game came at the end when they put in Josh Johnson, who managed to salvage a respectable drive in the last couple minutes - the only one of the game for Tampa.

I think they had a great draft, but the Buccs still have no players worth paying the price of admission for - the Lions are slowly building back up, even the Rams have a great RB and a new franchise general. It was only one game that I went to, but it is burned into my memory for its horrendousness - so much so that I just made that word up to describe it.

I agree with your selection of the Bucs with the Raiders hot on their heels and want to throw in a reason. At least in Buffalo, Cleveland (Goodbye LeBron), St. Louis or Detroit there isn't much else to do in the wintertime than watch the collection of clowns these owners put out there (Detroit I love you but I need to see results before I take you out of that grouping) But in Tampa or the Bay area there is just better things to do. Don't like the product being put on the field in Tampa? Cool...just go out to the beach and look at 2,000 insanely hot women (or dudes...whatever you like). Don't want to see Al Davis vomit all over the gameplan on Sundays in Oakland? Cool...take a drive in some of the most beautiful scenery in the world and maybe have a glass of wine and a cigar. So taking those factors into play...I rate them as the most unwatchable. You can't have a crappy team in a nice, fun town with amazing weather year round.

theeraser21
07-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Rams. I think the Browns are fun to watch. At least they were at the end of last season