PDA

View Full Version : Turk's Week #9 Picks

Turk Schonert
11-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Chicago @ Buffalo *Chi - Even Martz has to see that you run the ball against the Bills. Cutler will get comfortable with no pass rush.
San Diego @ Houston *Hou - Chargers are without Gates
Arizona @ Minnesota *Min - Vikings survive, and so does Childress ... this week
New Orleans @ Carolina *NO - Panthers can't outscore Saints
Miami @ Baltimore *Balt - Ravens win a close game
NY Jets @ Detroit *NYJ - Jets are too good to lose to Detroit
New England @ Cleveland *NE - Brady over McCoy ... easy choice
Kansas City @ Oakland *Oak - Statement game for Raiders, they get it done!
Tampa Bay @ Atlanta *Atl - Coming off bye week, at home = convincing win
NY Giants @ Seattle *NYG - Giants 'D' will dominate Seahawks 'O'
Indy @ Philly *Phil - Andy Reid 11-0 coming off bye week, Vick & D. Jackson are back, Indy is not the same team on the road
Dallas @ Green Bay *GB - Grit over Quit everytime
Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati *Pit - Bengals are on a downward spiral and the Steelers won't be the cure

Previous Week Results Wins - 6 Losses - 7 - Bad Week!

Season Results Wins - 67 Losses - 50 (57%)

msclemons
11-05-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm going to blatantly steal Turk's format because I'm jet-lagged and typing on a crappy laptop keyboard.

Chicago @ Buffalo *Buffalo - Buffalo came really close to beating two good teams. Now they get Chicago and their first win
San Diego @ Houston *Hou - If Kubiak remembers that he has an all-pro caliber running back
Arizona @ Minnesota *Min - I want to pick the Cards... but Max Hall vs. the Vikings? Erm, no.
New Orleans @ Carolina *NO - Agree with Turk
Miami @ Baltimore *Balt - Miami is 4-0 on the road. That streak stops in Baltimore.
NY Jets @ Detroit *NYJ - Sanchez isn't good in bad conditions. This game is in a dome. Jets.
New England @ Cleveland *NE - What Turk said. Belichick will eat a rookie qb's soul for breakfast.
Kansas City @ Oakland *KC - Oakland's brief flirtation with skill ends Sunday.
Tampa Bay @ Atlanta *Atl - Love Tampa's spirit but this is a bad spot. Matt Ryan is 16-1 at home.
NY Giants @ Seattle *Sea - Seattle is tough at home and this is a trap game for the Giants
Indy @ Philly *Philly - Andy Reid isn't as dumb as Kubiak. he'll run the ball against the 30th ranked run D
Dallas @ Green Bay *GB - Wait, a team that quit at home on the road? Heh. This should be a slaughter.
Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati *Cinn - Steelers reeling form Halloween, most valuable D-lineman hurt, Harrison fined again, Cinncy tough against AFC North

There's my 6-8 offering.

iwatt
11-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Chicago @ Buffalo *Chi - Even Martz has to see that you run the ball against the Bills. Cutler will get comfortable with no pass rush.

You'd think we'd run.....I won't hold my breath.

San Diego @ Houston *Hou - Chargers are without Gates
Don't forget no-name receivers in an away team. Expect the SD mistakes to crop up again.

Arizona @ Minnesota *Min - Vikings survive, and so does Childress ... this week
I think the Moss waiving is the straw that broke the camels back.

New Orleans @ Carolina *NO - Panthers can't outscore Saints
I thought the same thing about the Arizona game, cost me a survivor pool. Please stop screwing around Brees!

Miami @ Baltimore *Balt - Ravens win a close game
Miami has only lost to tough teams. Not sure how for real the Ravens are. Still, Henne vs Lewis isn't a fair fight.

NY Jets @ Detroit *NYJ - Jets are too good to lose to Detroit
Suh will tear the Sanchize head off. He is too quick, and will catch up to him on the bootlegs. Neither Cromartie or Revis can single cover Megatron. Nobody can single cover Megatron.

New England @ Cleveland *NE - Brady over McCoy ... easy choice
Patriots don't have letdown games.

Kansas City @ Oakland *Oak - Statement game for Raiders, they get it done!
Statement game for the Chiefs, they get it done.

Tampa Bay @ Atlanta *Atl - Coming off bye week, at home = convincing win
Matt Ryan @ home: 16-1

NY Giants @ Seattle *NYG - Giants 'D' will dominate Seahawks 'O'
Seahwks Special Teams will hammer shaky Giants Special Teams. Earl Thomas will rack 2 INTs on Eli. Giants will still win after Charlie Whitehurst is stomped into mud by DL.

Indy @ Philly *Phil - Andy Reid 11-0 coming off bye week, Vick & D. Jackson are back, Indy is not the same team on the road
Vick versus quick LBs and CBs...not as much as a given. McCoy versus iffy Run Defense....win for the Eagles, and another turn of the wheel over who is best in NFC.

Dallas @ Green Bay *GB - Grit over Quit everytime
Curb stomping time. Clay Mathews should rack 2,5 sacks against elder statesman Kitna and iffy OL.

Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati *Pit - Bengals are on a downward spiral and the Steelers won't be the cure
Expect another 300+ game out of Palmer in a loosing effort as he racks up stats during garbage time. Hall (hammy) and Joseph (ankle) cannot keep up with Wallace.

GoBigOrGoHome
11-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Chicago @ Buffalo *Chi – I’m taking bets as to when Martz realizes he can run on the Bills.
San Diego @ Houston *SD – Phyllis Rivers drives the Texans back to mediocrity
Arizona @ Minnesota *MIN – AD flat wears out the Cards and Jared Allen finally goes off
New Orleans @ Carolina *NO – Brees and his knee will hang 50 on the Panth(etics)
Miami @ Baltimore *Baltimore – I’ll take the Ravens ‘D’ coming off the bye. This will be a meat grinder. 13-9
NY Jets @ Detroit *Detroit – All I got is my guts & my nuts and they tell me the Lions will get it done (crosses fingers)
New England @ Cleveland *NE – Close game
Kansas City @ Oakland *KC – Romeo will confound the Raiders ‘O’
Tampa Bay @ Atlanta *Atlanta – Love what Freeman has been doing. Roddy White Goes off. Again.
NY Giants @ Seattle *Giants – Welcome to the regular season, Mr. Whitehurst. My name is Osi Umenyiora.
Indy @ Philly *Philly – Vick will give Indy fits when Freeney & Mathis come charging upfield
Dallas @ Green Bay *GB - Grit over Quit everytime (cannot argue with that – Been nice knowing you, Wade.)
Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati *Cincinatti – Carson Palmer has to snap out of it sometime. Bengals get it together. For now.

Amy
11-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Mine are pretty easy, since I made most of mine on the upset pick thread.

Bears: Toronto. No home field either way - and the Bears are a better team.
Texans: If they don't beat a Charger team, at home, that constantly shoots themselves in the foot, they're done.
Vikings: On on hand, the Vikings have 3 recievers. On the other hand, the corpse of Brett Favre is better than any QB 'zona has and they have AP.
Saints: Saints need to win to make up ground in the division. They'll do it.
Ravens: With Pitt having a free win, Baltimore needs to win here, and at home, they will.
Jets
Pats: 7-1 here we come
Oakland: Only cause it's in Oakland.
Falcons
Giants
Colts: Vick is good, Peyton is better.
Packers: Rogers vs Kitna in Green Bay? Easy pick.
Steelers: They win this week. Then lose next week at home to a playoff team - again - and we get to listen to the pundits tell us why a barely .500 team is the best in the league.

Last Week: 7-6
Season: 57-41