PDA

View Full Version : Week 10

Amy
11-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Victory! This one is sweet. The 'Best Team in the NFL' loses to a playoff team. Again.

Pats were pass happy, which is typical for us against Pittsburgh. 46 Pass plays (4 negated by penalty), 25 run (1 negated). (So, NFL stats will show 42/24). All 5 penalties were legit. The Pats got away with a hold and maybe a personal foul on Ward. We also got boned on a bogus PI. Steelers got away with a hold, 2 fair catch interferences, and a PI where they mugged Welker before the ball got there, so both teams had some help from the refs.

The offense never had a 3 and out, and punted 4 times in 11 possessions. The kicking game was solid, even with a missed XP. And Gronk bounced back.

Here's the passing numbers:

Welker: 12 targets, 8 catches, 1 drop
Branch: 8 targets, 7 catches
Gronk: 7 targets, 7 catches, 3 TD. Two of his catches were negated by penalty, 1 of those an OPI on Gronk.
Green Ellis: 5 targets, 4 catches
Tate: 4 targets, 2 catches, 1 drop. We finally started running Moss plays for Tate. One hit for 45, and we almost had a long td on his one non drop miss. Yay!
Woodhead: 3 targets, 2 catches
Crumpler: 2 targets, 2 catches, 1 negated by penalty.
Morris: 1 target, 1 catch.

Brady had two pass plays I couldn't give targets to, both on drive 4 of the second half. The first cause the booth didn't do the play by play on it, and the second cause he tossed it out of bounds with no one around and got correctly called for Grounding.

Overall, we beat down the Steelers. Bring on the Colts.

7-2! Not bad at all for a reloading year.

I have a Cris and Al criticism as well. While what the two of you said was great, Cris, you were pulling a Buck and Aikman when it came to play results and down and distance. Telling stories and all is nice, but the focus needs to be on 'this play was run, here's the result, it's <down> and <whatever to go>. I've been seeing this a lot this year, though it was the first time from the two of you. This was, by far, the hardest game to chart all year, thanks to the sheer amount of times that the graphic didn't even show down and distance. I'm willing to call it just an off game for the two of you, but, this late in the season, it is annoying :)

On a plus side, thank you for showing all the things Crumpler's been doing this season, those hidden plays I've mentioned before. It was nice seeing those highlighted.

iwatt
11-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Victory! This one is sweet. The 'Best Team in the NFL' loses to a playoff team. Again.

Big win, Amy. If the Pats play with that intensity during the playoffs...sky is the limit.

But you did play a team without it's #1 receiver, and 60% of it's OL out of the game. But a win, is a win, is a win, like we say in Chi-Town. I still think we saw a preveiw of the AFC championship.

It played out as expected. Brady on fire will carve up any defense. ANY. Yet there still are haters out there that claim he is a system QB. That patched up OL gave Ben very little time to play, though.

But make no mistakes, this was a blow out, with Ben picking up yards in garbage time. The Int wasn't his fault though.

msclemons
11-15-2010, 11:59 AM
I went to bed too early (jet lag) and missed the 4th quarter fireworks. Boo @ me.

Brady was on fire and the Pats O-Line was really, really good against the Steelers' pass rush. Welker looks like he's starting to round into pre-injury form also.

iwatt
11-15-2010, 12:15 PM
I went to bed too early (jet lag) and missed the 4th quarter fireworks. Boo @ me.

Brady was on fire and the Pats O-Line was really, really good against the Steelers' pass rush. Welker looks like he's starting to round into pre-injury form also.

Whoever plays the Steelers next is in for a pounding though. Just like the Pats, I don't see this team laying an egg 2 times in a row.

iwatt
11-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Amy, You might want to look at this article on FO, which includes a whole parto The Gronk (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/cover-3/2010/cover-2-career-days). He says that what imperssed him more than the TDs was the blocking.