PDA

View Full Version : FPL League II - Thank you Michael Vick

mjchefer
11-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Its not just because he scored 57 points yesterday to help me come back from a 50 point deficit against Turk's team.

It's not just that I picked him up off the waiver wire after his short, but promising half-a-game performance in week 1, and watched as he 1) earned the starting job against all odds and 2) got injured yet came back as if he'd never left.

It isnt even that he possibly has salvaged my season after I ended up getting stuck with Favrella at QB... and had a total brainfart as I drafted Vincent Jackson as my #1 WR.

Its all of that and more.

I thank you Michael Vick because your performance last night reminded me of how fun it can be to watch an all-around athlete playing the QB position. I mean.. seriously. He's electric. Wow play after WOW play after WOOOOOWWWW play. It just doesnt stop.

Thank you Michael!

msclemons
11-16-2010, 10:21 PM
In my non-FPL league I had a 20 point lead going into Monday night. I had Ryan Torain and Desean Jackson, my opponent had Vick.

&^$* Vick.

mjchefer
11-17-2010, 10:35 AM
Well, at least you are not Turk.

Andy Freeland
11-17-2010, 01:19 PM
In my non-FPL league I scored 109 and lost by almost 80 to a team with Vick, my first loss of the year. The high scores aren't quite as obnoxious as they sound, it's an 8-team league with 2 extra flex positions active, so scores are always higher (but not usually that high).

Chilly
11-17-2010, 02:44 PM
I had a comfortable 30 points lead going into Monday Night, after having been down 60 at one point on Sunday. Then after heroic fantasy performances by Gronk, S.Jax, Orton and even a bit from Mewelde Moore, I thought I actually might have a chance to win the week against our league's #1. Unfortunately, there was that little detail I couldn't get past: Vick.

I hate fantasy.

DaBearsFan
11-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Not quite the same, but while we're in the the middle of thanking people, I'd like to thank Ben Roethlisberger for putting up all those stats in garbage time in the 4th quarter. Helped me win 2 leagues, including against Andy.

Also, a buddy of mine started Vick and still lost. No one else on his team showed up. Think on that before your mind explodes.

Docta
11-20-2010, 10:23 PM
Just pencil me in for the championship. The team is too hot to handle.

DaBearsFan
11-20-2010, 11:38 PM
Just pencil me in for the championship. The team is too hot to handle.

Pride comes before the fall. Especially this week :D

Docta
11-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Pride comes before the fall. Especially this week :D
Karma comes to bite me in the ass.

Still ahead in the standings though. :)

DaBearsFan
11-22-2010, 12:32 AM
Karma comes to bite me in the ass.

Still ahead in the standings though. :)

See, now I'm paranoid that Moreno is going to go absolutely nuts and you find a way to win, leaving me with the always fun "Second highest score in the league and lost".

EDIT: Just checked the scoreboard and Automatica passed me by .42 points. So I'd just have a very high score and lose.

Chilly
11-22-2010, 04:22 AM
Tell me about it...had 2nd highest and lost twice, once to Cris...

mjchefer
11-23-2010, 11:40 AM
I would like to add my team to the championship talk- 3 straight weeks of 125+ points. Go Automatica!!!