PDA

View Full Version : FPL II - Shirley Temple of Gone...

mjchefer
11-25-2010, 09:50 AM
Hmm... Ive been watching "Shirley Temple of Doom" closely... it seems that the owner has deserted their team, so I fulfilled my resposibility as league commish and took charge.

I made the following two roster changes:

Dropped Vince Young and added Matt Hasselbeck

Dropped Dallas Clark and added Kevin Boss.

Just wanted to let you know. I also thought about dropping K. Kolb, but since I would most likely be the only one interested in picking him up (as an insurance for M. Vick), I thought this would look a little fishy... So, Im holding on to Favre for now and crossing my fingers hoping Vick doesnt get injured... Unless I get overwhelming response that it would only make sense to drop Kolb and pick up... say, Chad Henne for Temple of Doom.

Regards!

Turk Schonert
11-25-2010, 10:58 AM
Hmm... Ive been watching "Shirley Temple of Doom" closely... it seems that the owner has deserted their team, so I fulfilled my resposibility as league commish and took charge.

Just wanted to let you know. I also thought about dropping K. Kolb, but since I would most likely be the only one interested in picking him up (as an insurance for M. Vick), I thought this would look a little fishy... So, Im holding on to Favre for now and crossing my fingers hoping Vick doesnt get injured... Unless I get overwhelming response that it would only make sense to drop Kolb and pick up... say, Chad Henne for Temple of Doom.

Regards!

Shirley quit a long time ago, I tried to make a trade on 2 or 3 different occasions with no response. Shouldn't the people who play shirley from here on out play the same lineup as everybody else got to? Shirley had weeks where he/she had 2 or 3 guys in the lineup that were on bye weeks or injured, yet, you didn't step in ... why now? I say whoever plays shirley gets the lineup that shirley put up there, not your adjusted lineup.

mjchefer
11-25-2010, 01:48 PM
I think you have a valid point. Does anybody else agree? I can go back and put Vince and Dallas back in their lineup. I was just trying to keep things competitive. I feel sorry for the three teams that lost to them the last three weeks, I almost want to go back and give them Ws

msclemons
11-25-2010, 01:54 PM
I think the proper thing to do is let it ride with the original players MJ - they absentee owner has already given other teams an advantage even if they didn't use it. Not fair to pull that advantage now IMO.

I'm not in FPL II so I'm totally neutral in this. Except for the $20 Turk slipped me.

DaBearsFan
11-25-2010, 02:32 PM
If you couldn't fix it right away, there's no way you should fix it now. Give everyone a bye week, so to speak.

Docta
11-25-2010, 11:39 PM
I think the proper thing to do is let it ride with the original players MJ - they absentee owner has already given other teams an advantage even if they didn't use it. Not fair to pull that advantage now IMO.

I'm not in FPL II so I'm totally neutral in this. Except for the $20 Turk slipped me.
This. An owner is responsible for their own team.

Turk Schonert
11-28-2010, 10:13 PM

Regards!

Its not right that you gave a team (Shirley Temple) whose owner quit, 30 points to beat Brooks Run (lost by 17+ pts)

Gandalf2300
11-28-2010, 11:13 PM
I am not in this league, but in my regular league (on CBS Sports), we have had owners quit mid/late season. No roster or lineup changes were made during the season, but those owners were not invited back the next year. I would not even adjust their lineups, if the owner has quit. Let the chips fall where they fall. There can be some allowance for an owner that had an exceptional reason for not running his team for a week or two, but to just not show up at all-just let them lose. And don't bring them back next year.

mjchefer
11-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Ok, I will go ahead and substract points by Hasselbeck and Boss, and have changed the roster back to before the switch. Thanks for all the input!

FessJL0861
11-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Thanks MJ. I agree with Turk. Leave it as is. I think I lost to that team a few weeks ago when CJ2K put up another phenomenal 3 point performance.

mjchefer
12-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Cool... I just dont get it. Its actually a really good team. Why would you just drop it?