PDA

View Full Version : 49'ers vs. Cards

msclemons
11-30-2010, 02:00 AM
I believe this picture sums up the game perfectly.

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww264/Jhereg-HG/stooges.jpg

Colts01
11-30-2010, 02:55 AM
C'mon Larry throws a much better slant then D.Anderson

SpartaChris
11-30-2010, 02:58 AM
Add DA to the illustrious list of post game tirades:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/arizona-cardinals/09000d5d81c86674/Anderson-sounds-off-after-loss

DannyMilk
11-30-2010, 03:12 AM
Add DA to the illustrious list of post game tirades:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/arizona-cardinals/09000d5d81c86674/Anderson-sounds-off-after-loss

yeah...can't say I blame him...did he get "caught", yeah, I guess, but who says you can't laugh on the sideline even if the game's 55-0? I understand people may not like it, but that member of the media probably will have his pass taken away and won't be welcomed back...shoulda known when to stop

mkocs6
11-30-2010, 03:57 AM
yeah...can't say I blame him...did he get "caught", yeah, I guess, but who says you can't laugh on the sideline even if the game's 55-0? I understand people may not like it, but that member of the media probably will have his pass taken away and won't be welcomed back...shoulda known when to stop

Hello, member of the press. Have you ever had a job? Have you and your friends, if you've made any, at said job, ever had a mutually bad day? How did you react each time? Did you ever joke around about it? Did a manager ever make a foolish decision, but you all followed his instructions because you had to, even though everyone knew it would fail spectacularly? Then make a joke about it? Did you change the subject, try to think about something else for a couple minutes in the course of your downtime?

These are human beings, not football-playing robots. It's a job, and people cope with problems at work in pretty much the same way the world over. Sure, you can lean on the he's-making-how-much-money? argument, but in this instance, that's the last refuge of a scoundrel.

DannyMilk
11-30-2010, 04:00 AM
winning cures everything

mkocs6
11-30-2010, 04:21 AM
Perhaps, but this reporter is still a prick.

DannyMilk
11-30-2010, 04:54 AM
oh, absolutely...in the words of Will Ferrell in Stepbrothers, "HEY YA DON'T SAY THAT!" haha

Wordsworth
11-30-2010, 07:07 AM
I think Anderson had a right to be pissed at the line of questioning. As you guys have said already, when you have a bad day sometimes the only way to cope with it without flipping out is to try and make light of it. Try to make yourself laugh to avoid going postal. That is all he was trying to do. I didn't think for a second that he didn't take the loss seriously.

iwatt
11-30-2010, 08:15 AM
What an ass, that reporter. At the end of the day it's a game, and if you can't laugh at some joke your buddy made..

Clem, by the way, I thought that Mike was going to pull Troy Smith when he threw that 36 yard TD to Crabtree. I though he'd finally been weaned of that bad habit!

Pruitt
11-30-2010, 10:30 AM
Wikipedia is a joke! Full lies that anyone can add to.

Don't believe me - check out Wikipedia's listing of AFC QBs for the 2008 Pro Bowl:

Quarterback - 12 Tom Brady, New England[b]
18 Peyton Manning, Indianapolis[c] 7 Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh
3 Derek Anderson, Cleveland[a]

yeah... right!

SpartaChris
11-30-2010, 01:51 PM
See, I feel the reporter had a right to ask the question, and I don't think he was a prick for doing so. Yes, the players are human, but as a paying fan, if my team is down by 18 points, I don't want to see my starting quarterback yucking it up on the sideline. I want to see him working to fire up the troops. I want to see rage, I want to see passion, I want death and destruction, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria! And I would want to know what was so funny that my QB wasn't sitting with his coaches trying to improve and trying to do whatever it took to win.

GoBigOrGoHome
11-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Amazing how far the Cards have fallen. It is hard to believe that team was in the Super Bowl two seasons ago.

SpartaChris
11-30-2010, 03:05 PM
Florio summed up my thoughts pretty well:

It’s not that players should storm off the field after losing, but there’s a middle ground that suggests disappointment and dejection after a loss, and there’s a way to act that way without coming off as a jerk. Either way, the paying customers want to see that the players are upset about losing. All too often, they sure don’t seem to be.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/30/debate-emerges-regarding-monday-night-laugh-in/

DannyMilk
11-30-2010, 03:35 PM
but if he acted like Cutler, moped around, we'd be talking about that too...the game was over at that point, let him laugh, he can't do anything else at that point...maybe he wanted to feel that people were laughing WITH him? haha

KabaModernFan
11-30-2010, 04:00 PM
How is this the fault of the reporter? He respectfully asked Anderson the question, Anderson then proceeded to go on his little tantrum and gave at least three different excuses that I counted that have absolutely no relevance to the question. First he said what he and Deuce [Lutui] talk about is their business, then he flat out denied laughing at all, before finally settling with cursing the reporter out. Anderson was asked a question about his lack of taking the game seriously, and instead giving a short, simple answer, he decided instead to act like a baby. And the reporter is wrong in this situation...how?

Wordsworth
11-30-2010, 04:20 PM
Amazing how far the Cards have fallen. It is hard to believe that team was in the Super Bowl two seasons ago.

They've allowed too many of their important skill players leave without replacing them through the draft or free agency. The front office there has let thatt team deteriorate completely.

BuckeyeRidley
11-30-2010, 04:23 PM

Good Point Man.

What a difference makes without Kurt Warner and while Fitz can get it done, they had better talent depth with Anquan Boldin.

iwatt
11-30-2010, 04:26 PM
Boldin was good, but the front office was right to let him go. They have good depth at receiver, and they couldn't afford both Fritz and Boldin.

The loss of Dansby was huge, becuase he was a leader on the D. And without Warner to bail them out, the D has to be the backbone of the team.

BuckeyeRidley
11-30-2010, 04:29 PM
How is this the fault of the reporter? He respectfully asked Anderson the question, Anderson then proceeded to go on his little tantrum and gave at least three different excuses that I counted that have absolutely no relevance to the question. First he said what he and Deuce [Lutui] talk about is their business, then he flat out denied laughing at all, before finally settling with cursing the reporter out. Anderson was asked a question about his lack of taking the game seriously, and instead giving a short, simple answer, he decided instead to act like a baby. And the reporter is wrong in this situation...how?

Good point Kaba. I think the situation of the reporter being deemed wrong is due his persistence to ask the question repeatedly and it seemed to press Derek's buttons.

I thought he was right to ask the question too, but something tells me if it had been with Michele Tafoya or another reporter with a big national reputation, I don't think it would have gone that way.

BuckeyeRidley
11-30-2010, 04:30 PM
Boldin was good, but the front office was right to let him go. They have good depth at receiver, and they couldn't afford both Fritz and Boldin.

The loss of Dansby was huge, becuase he was a leader on the D. And without Warner to bail them out, the D has to be the backbone of the team.

Nice point watt. I think they have a Good pick up with Kerry Rhodes and Joey Porter could be Good for them too in the whole picture.

KabaModernFan
11-30-2010, 04:30 PM
It's not just the losses of these guys either, but who they replaced them with is just as bad. I mean seriously? You go from Kurt Warner, Karlos Dansby, and Antrel Rolle to Derek Anderson, Paris Lenon, and Kerry Rhodes? Ouch. I'll agree that trading Boldin was the right move since they had Steve Breaston, and Early Doucet was finally showing them something, but for the most part we've seen terrible roster management from the Cardinals. Whisenhunt should be able to look at his roster and see that they do not have the pieces to emply the "Next Man Up" mentality he was taught in Pittsburgh. He should be catching a lot of blame for this year.

iwatt
11-30-2010, 04:41 PM
Whisenhunt should be able to look at his roster and see that they do not have the pieces to emply the "Next Man Up" mentality he was taught in Pittsburgh. He should be catching a lot of blame for this year.

After loosing a HoF franchise QB, this was going to be a rebuilding year. I think he believed they could make do with Leinart, and then realized he wasn't the answer, for whatever reason. Since then he was caught with his pants down.

The Cards owners are notoriously cheap, so it's not like he had so much help filling holes. McNabb could have been the guy, but they never would have spent that money on him. And his success hasn't allowed him to draft high, so they haven't exactly been able to replace talent.

He'll get to reload and draft a QB this offseason, somebody to develop. Unless he does that, Fitz ain't going to stay long.

I don't think Whiz is in trouble, because I think the owners decided not to spend money on a period when they were unlikely to have the same success, and their was going to be labor uncertainty. Warner allowed them to play with a lead, or with the certainty that they could get points quickly. You don't replace that leadership and skill so easily.

FessJL0861
11-30-2010, 04:53 PM
I personally would have paid millions for DA's response to be something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBDxnItsCoI&feature=related

That would have been priceless. But then again, I'm not a media fan either.

KabaModernFan
11-30-2010, 05:06 PM
After loosing a HoF franchise QB, this was going to be a rebuilding year. I think he believed they could make do with Leinart, and then realized he wasn't the answer, for whatever reason. Since then he was caught with his pants down.

The Cards owners are notoriously cheap, so it's not like he had so much help filling holes. McNabb could have been the guy, but they never would have spent that money on him. And his success hasn't allowed him to draft high, so they haven't exactly been able to replace talent.

He'll get to reload and draft a QB this offseason, somebody to develop. Unless he does that, Fitz ain't going to stay long.

I don't think Whiz is in trouble, because I think the owners decided not to spend money on a period when they were unlikely to have the same success, and their was going to be labor uncertainty. Warner allowed them to play with a lead, or with the certainty that they could get points quickly. You don't replace that leadership and skill so easily.

I do agree with everything you say. I don't think Whisenhunt is in any danger right now either, but I do think he still deserves some blame. These players aren't exactly good, but neither are the teams in Buffalo or Cleveland. However, at least those teams seem to be playing with passion and trying. Watching that Cardinals/49ers game last night, it just looked like the Cards were going through the motions from the time San Francisco took a two-score lead and onward.

The only other thing I want to say is about the drafting a QB part. They should indeed draft a QB, but I don't think they should do it with their first round pick. I'm a big believer in the mentality that it doesn't matter who the QB is if the O-Line is a mess, and that really rings true in Arizona right now. The QB play has been terrible, but so has the play up in front of the QB, specifically Levi Brown at left tackle, who is having an awful season. As it stands right now, I don't think Arizona will be in a position to draft Andrew Luck, but unfortunately for them, they'll be too high up to take Jake Locker or Ryan Mallett. So instead of reaching and throwing a rookie behind a bad line, take a top-flight left tackle like Nate Solder and go after maybe Cam Newton or Blaine Gabbert in the 2nd round.

Also strange that the owners in Arizona are infamous penny-pinchers. I knew about Sarver, but Bidwell too? Poor AZ fans.

iwatt
11-30-2010, 05:22 PM
I agree on the quitting part. BGut there's only so much a coach can do, and that has to come from some leadership inside the locker room.

Wordsworth
11-30-2010, 06:58 PM
I am rarely in favor of drafting a QB with a top 5 pick. You invest so much money into these guys and if you fail they can really set your franchise back long-term. I agree with Kaba completely.

iwatt
11-30-2010, 07:10 PM
I am rarely in favor of drafting a QB with a top 5 pick. You invest so much money into these guys and if you fail they can really set your franchise back long-term. I agree with Kaba completely.

except that I think a rookie cap is going to be in place. That ought to return the value of high picks again.

msclemons
11-30-2010, 10:39 PM
C'mon Larry throws a much better slant then D.Anderson

You know, that's a good point. Although DA did complete a slant last night. I think I heard Kaba's jaw fall off.