PDA

View Full Version : RIP Ron Santo

DannyMilk
12-03-2010, 08:55 AM
SHOULD be in the HOF, SHOULD have won a WS, SHOULD have gotten to see the Cubs win a WS...glad he no longer has pain, RIP to the Cubs biggest fan

Polishguy00
12-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Indeed. I love baseball, but I have not one iota of respect for the HOF, awards of any kind or their commissioner (as you might have heard).

Cakalackie
12-03-2010, 04:47 PM
It will be sad when Santo makes the HOF finally and isn't around to celebrate it.

DannyMilk
12-04-2010, 01:05 AM
I had him in the death pool...I feel terrible now haha...I'm sad, but in a way I am truly happy he's no longer in pain and suffering

Docta
12-04-2010, 03:00 AM
I just wish he could have seen the Cubs win a WS. He did say that the Cubs retiring his number was more important to him than the HOF though.

DannyMilk
12-04-2010, 10:01 AM
yeah, but we all know he was pretty bitter about the snub...I think it'll be interesting if, and when (because I really do think it'll happen soon, and no I'm not one of those delusional fans haha) the Cubs do win the WS, if they do something special for Ron, like bring his jersey on the field or something like that...I think he would really appreciate a gesture like that

Docta
12-04-2010, 09:48 PM
I think it'll be interesting if, and when (because I really do think it'll happen soon, and no I'm not one of those delusional fans haha) the Cubs do win the WS
Well it doesn't help when they don't sign anyone in FA. Dunn, Gonzalez, and Berkman were all available.