PDA

View Full Version : FPL II Championship Game Turk Talk vs. Rubbin' Stankonit

FessJL0861
12-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Well, The time has arrived here in FPL 2. It is championship weekend!

We have the 2 seed Turk Talk team (or triple T for short) who beat the 7 seeded Cleveland Pride-in-Pain team in the first round, and was able to get rid of Danny's DaBearsFan's Destroyers in round 2. He gets to play me in the championship game.

My 6-7 Rubbin' Stankonit ninjas with the 8 seed beat the 1 seeded Docta's Rejects in the first round (Docta you thumped me twice this year badly), and pulled one out over our own Andy Freeland's 5 seeded FPL Fipples in the second round.

Turk, you can't lose this. No one wants to hear me talk about beating an NFL quarterback, and NFL coach at fantasy football. This website needs you to beat me. But the question remains. Can you???:woot::woot::D

Turk Schonert
12-21-2010, 04:43 PM
Well, The time has arrived here in FPL 2. It is championship weekend!

We have the 2 seed Turk Talk team (or triple T for short) who beat the 7 seeded Cleveland Pride-in-Pain team in the first round, and was able to get rid of Danny's DaBearsFan's Destroyers in round 2. He gets to play me in the championship game.

My 6-7 Rubbin' Stankonit ninjas with the 8 seed beat the 1 seeded Docta's Rejects in the first round (Docta you thumped me twice this year badly), and pulled one out over our own Andy Freeland's 5 seeded FPL Fipples in the second round.

Turk, you can't lose this. No one wants to hear me talk about beating an NFL quarterback, and NFL coach at fantasy football. This website needs you to beat me. But the question remains. Can you???:woot::woot::D

I want to know how your team got so stacked? Where did you draft? I was 14th.

Docta
12-21-2010, 09:20 PM
1 seed going into the playoffs, and I'm not even going to end up with the 5th place award.

Foster and Hillis just happened to pick these last 2 weeks to stink it up.

FessJL0861
12-21-2010, 11:28 PM
1 seed going into the playoffs, and I'm not even going to end up with the 5th place award.

Foster and Hillis just happened to pick these last 2 weeks to stink it up.

Welcome to "life with Chris Johnson" for the last 14 weeks. That guy has played the biggest role to my 6-7 record entering the playoffs. I feel your pain dude.

FessJL0861
12-21-2010, 11:31 PM
I want to know how your team got so stacked? Where did you draft? I was 14th.

I picked 2nd and snagged CJ2K, but he has been on and off all year. V Jax was a waiver wire pickup a few weeks ago. I thought you have worked the wire pretty damned efficiently over the course of the season dude. Every time I go to get the one guy I really want, a team with a higher priority (read Turk Talk) snagged him first.

Andy Freeland
12-21-2010, 11:52 PM
A total sham. You only beat me last week cause your players scored more points than mine. I'm filing a formal protest, and an informal one.

FessJL0861
12-21-2010, 11:59 PM
A total sham. You only beat me last week cause your players scored more points than mine. I'm filing a formal protest, and an informal one.

I hear Jenn Sterger has a really good attorney. Just don't text her. The last guy that did got a concussion.

Turk Schonert
12-22-2010, 12:02 AM
I picked 2nd and snagged CJ2K, but he has been on and off all year. V Jax was a waiver wire pickup a few weeks ago. I thought you have worked the wire pretty damned efficiently over the course of the season dude. Every time I go to get the one guy I really want, a team with a higher priority (read Turk Talk) snagged him first.

I almost voted me as executive of the year as much time as I spent on the waiver wire. I've enjoyed my first ever fantasy league. By the way ... I'm picking your team to win!!

FessJL0861
12-22-2010, 12:08 AM
I almost voted me as executive of the year as much time as I spent on the waiver wire. I've enjoyed my first ever fantasy league. By the way ... I'm picking your team to win!!

It really has been a fun league. Other than one owner who quit mid-season (and I lost to him for cryin' out loud), we have been real competitive. As long as everyone is in for next year, I see this being fun again. Which reminds me, we need to email everyone so they can pick their 3 keepers for next year.

Now that you voted for me, I have to change my vote to you! You can't be nice, that's just not fair!

Turk Schonert
12-25-2010, 12:50 PM
Hey Fess,
I sure hope you start Ben Jarvis Green Ellis in the championship and didn't claim him to sit on the bench so that I couldn't get him. That would be unsportsmanlike conduct and I would have to penalize you 15 points. You should not be allowed to claim anyone ... you had the Steelers 'D' against the worst offense in the league at home (I was proud of Carolina for keeping the point total for the Steelers D to under 20). Also, I just got off the phone with coach Studesville of Denver, I explained my fantasy situation to him, and he has decided to start Orton this week and play him the entire game unless there is a blowout.

FessJL0861
12-26-2010, 10:59 PM
Hey Fess,
I sure hope you start Ben Jarvis Green Ellis in the championship and didn't claim him to sit on the bench so that I couldn't get him. That would be unsportsmanlike conduct and I would have to penalize you 15 points. You should not be allowed to claim anyone ... you had the Steelers 'D' against the worst offense in the league at home (I was proud of Carolina for keeping the point total for the Steelers D to under 20). Also, I just got off the phone with coach Studesville of Denver, I explained my fantasy situation to him, and he has decided to start Orton this week and play him the entire game unless there is a blowout.

I was ---> <--- this close to just grabbing him so you couldn't start him, but I got the Championship morning jitters and benched Tolbert against that KC defense (which may have won me the title). As Richard Petty used to say, "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'." Besides, I would never do that to you.........:o

Furthermore, if you beat me by actually changing a coaches gameplan, I would be way more impressed than mad. Trust me, if I could have made a call and gotten Norv to throw at V-Jack 14 times today, I would have.

After today's games, you are up 100.10 to 94.82, but I have Mr. Sharod "Roddy" Lamor White of the Dirty Birds up tomorrow night. There is hope for you though, he has posted two sub-6 point games this year: Week 9 vs. Tampa, and Week 12 vs. Green Bay. But when he played New Orleans in Week 3, he went for 69 yards and a TD. Good luck Turk, it has been fun for everyone.:star:

Turk Schonert
12-26-2010, 11:25 PM
I was ---> <--- this close to just grabbing him so you couldn't start him, but I got the Championship morning jitters and benched Tolbert against that KC defense (which may have won me the title). As Richard Petty used to say, "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'." Besides, I would never do that to you.........:o

Furthermore, if you beat me by actually changing a coaches gameplan, I would be way more impressed than mad. Trust me, if I could have made a call and gotten Norv to throw at V-Jack 14 times today, I would have.

After today's games, you are up 100.10 to 94.82, but I have Mr. Sharod "Roddy" Lamor White of the Dirty Birds up tomorrow night. There is hope for you though, he has posted two sub-6 point games this year: Week 9 vs. Tampa, and Week 12 vs. Green Bay. But when he played New Orleans in Week 3, he went for 69 yards and a TD. Good luck Turk, it has been fun for everyone.:star:

Tebow's late scramble for a TD was a killer, I was feeling pretty good about my situation up to that point. The tipped int at the end of the game just made it easier for you. Who would of thought that a Tim Tebow's scramble TD run would win the championship for someone?

FessJL0861
12-26-2010, 11:34 PM
Tebow's late scramble for a TD was a killer, I was feeling pretty good about my situation up to that point. The tipped int at the end of the game just made it easier for you. Who would of thought that a Tim Tebow's scramble TD run would win the championship for someone?

If you would have typed that sentence in August, you may have been called crazy. If I would have believed it, I would have been crazy. It was either him or Sexy Rexy. I couldn't bare the thought of putting any championship on the line with Grossman.

FessJL0861
12-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Well Turk, I congratulate you on a great year. As I also congratulate everyone in our league for thumping me quite often during the regular season (well, 7 of you at least). I want to thank the waiver wire, and Marvin for dropping Ben Jarvis Green Ellis, so that I could pick him up and play him this week. I also want to thank the Shirley Temple of Doom for beating me and ensuring my losing record entering the playoffs. I also want to not thank Chris Johnson for not showing up on a regular basis and giving me 58 yards and no TD's in the championship game. Final score: Rubbin' Stankonit 105.12 Turk Talk 100.10, I can't wait for next year!

Turk Schonert
12-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Well Turk, I congratulate you on a great year. As I also congratulate everyone in our league for thumping me quite often during the regular season (well, 7 of you at least). I want to thank the waiver wire, and Marvin for dropping Ben Jarvis Green Ellis, so that I could pick him up and play him this week. I also want to thank the Shirley Temple of Doom for beating me and ensuring my losing record entering the playoffs. I also want to not thank Chris Johnson for not showing up on a regular basis and giving me 58 yards and no TD's in the championship game. Final score: Rubbin' Stankonit 105.12 Turk Talk 100.10, I can't wait for next year!

Congrats Fess, I missed by 1 pass. And how much did you pay Marvin to drop Ben Jarvis Green Ellis? That turned out to be huge!!

FessJL0861
12-28-2010, 05:04 PM
Congrats Fess, I missed by 1 pass. And how much did you pay Marvin to drop Ben Jarvis Green Ellis? That turned out to be huge!!

Thank you sir. You have been Tebow'd. I can't believe I just typed that sentence...

You know that box of steaks GBPKS and I sent you for allowing our late Vikings pick in the Upset Special? Well, I sent one to him too.

StarvinMarvin
12-28-2010, 05:15 PM
I swear on Andy's pointed little head, I read at some disreputable site (definitely not FP. Might have been something sounding like Yohoo) that BJGE was injured and not going to play. There was no trickery or discontent intended on my part. On another topic, Thanks to all who participated in FPL II. I had a blast but next year will draft while sitting at some nameless kid's Hula-Hoop exhibition.

FessJL0861
12-28-2010, 05:22 PM
I swear on Andy's pointed little head, I read at some disreputable site (definitely not FP. Might have been something sounding like Yohoo) that BJGE was injured and not going to play. There was no trickery or discontent intended on my part. On another topic, Thanks to all who participated in FPL II. I had a blast but next year will draft while sitting at some nameless kid's Hula-Hoop exhibition.

Did you get those Omaha steaks I sent you? Also, thanks for visiting my new fantasy site, www.notrealfantasyupdates.com/yahoo-subscribers.html/. I hope it helped.

On another note, you can't draft next year at a random kid event. If you do, you'll end up drafting a Pro Bowl roster like CC did. SO. NOT. FAIR. Turk, you have to pre-penalize him.

Turk Schonert
12-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Did you get those Omaha steaks I sent you? Also, thanks for visiting my new fantasy site, www.notrealfantasyupdates.com/yahoo-subscribers.html/. I hope it helped.

On another note, you can't draft next year at a random kid event. If you do, you'll end up drafting a Pro Bowl roster like CC did. SO. NOT. FAIR. Turk, you have to pre-penalize him.

You guys have it all wrong, Cris drafted a dog of a team, his son Jack bailed him out with the waiver wire. So, no penalty for drafting at a kids event, but I will penalize you if you hire Jack to bail you out!

Turk Schonert
12-28-2010, 06:02 PM

Marvin got Omaha Steaks? I got a Home Depot stake ... in the gut! Anyone got any A-1?

FessJL0861
12-28-2010, 06:10 PM
You guys have it all wrong, Cris drafted a dog of a team, his son Jack bailed him out with the waiver wire. So, no penalty for drafting at a kids event, but I will penalize you if you hire Jack to bail you out!

Marvin got Omaha Steaks? I got a Home Depot stake ... in the gut! Anyone got any A-1?

Ahhhhh. The truth comes out. I see. Man, next year is gonna be fun.