PDA

View Full Version : C'mon Joe

Turk Schonert
12-23-2010, 11:36 PM
I'm sorry Joe, but I've held off long enough. Did you really play QB in the NFL? You say some of the dumbest things about QB play, and many times, say the exact opposite of what a QB should be doing. When you make Matt Millen sound like a QB coach ... that's BAD!!! Also, how many times are you going to say "I talked to offensive coordinator "input name" and he said ... after the 20th time we know who the coordinator is. Sometimes you make the Mute button my best friend. I know Joe, and I like Joe
... but C'mon Man!!

brauneyz
12-24-2010, 12:07 AM
Turk, we covered Joey Sunshine in the chat room ad nauseum. Sorry it's taken you so long to find the mute button.

Pruitt
12-24-2010, 12:21 AM
I only watched a few plays of tonight's snoozer, but one of them had Theismann insisting that Clausen had thrown a good pass to the end zone, when it was clearly a brutal toss.

It was so bad that Millen had to stop his prattling and explain why it was in fact a bad pass.

I then turned to the "Million Dollar Money Drop" as it was more exciting than the game.

KabaModernFan
12-24-2010, 01:16 AM
First of all...Million Dollar Money Drop is indeed fantastic.

Secondly, yes Theismann sucks. We're surprised Bob Papa hasn't taken him out on a fishing trip yet.

msclemons
12-24-2010, 01:31 AM
At some point Theismann lost it. I don't know when but I do know I thought he was okay on ESPN. Now it sounds like he's calling a different game. Between him and Millen I catch myself several times a game thinking "what they heck did they just say? Was that English?"

bluestree
12-25-2010, 07:31 PM
Tonight Joey used one of his classics; " I like insert name because, I know he's young." Wow. My first thought, he gets paid for that. Talk about mailing it in.

Amy
12-26-2010, 07:27 AM
Joe's been terrible this year. Millen has moments, but he's not that bad in the booth. Terrible GM, not a bad color guy.

Pruitt
12-26-2010, 10:02 AM
Millen sucks too.

On the Austin touchdown, Millen was going on and on about how the Cards defender blew it because instead of batting the ball down, he was trying for an interception.

Replays clearly showed that not to be the case.

darvon
12-26-2010, 08:18 PM
OK. So why can't they do one game a week with a good booth?

The production and the show are weak.

FessJL0861
12-27-2010, 06:40 PM
This reminds me of a thread we started a few weeks after the site launch entitled, "Tim McCarverisms". I now want to coin the phrase, "Theismannisms".

GoBigOrGoHome
12-27-2010, 07:45 PM
I can't play the sound for the NFLN games. Between the "Theismannisms" (thanks, Fess) and "Millenisms", these games are just awful.

Turk, you really do need to call your agent. As a fan of an historically bad NFL franchise, I have been treated to some utterly pathetic broadcasts over the years (the Lions get CBS's or FOX's D+ team most weeks, unless we are playing Favre or Brady). Show 'em the webchats and Turk Talk, and you're in.

FessJL0861
12-27-2010, 07:56 PM
Seriously Turk, seeing you get in the zone a la the webchats, and Turk Talk, I think you could bring a real affinity for the game that doesn't get portrayed enough. Plus, I would love to hear your reaction to watching Alex Smith play quarterback...

Disclaimer: GoBig and Fessjl0861 are not paid spokemen and are actual customers. Please consult your local physician if a rash occurs.

GoBigOrGoHome
12-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Consult your phyisician if your erection lasts more than four hours.