PDA

View Full Version : NFL Merchandise

TheLinc
07-08-2010, 10:34 AM
With the trading of McNabb, my only NFL jersey became a rag of self-loathing and I learned that the NFL business is a cold, cruel world. That said, I am curious how FPL's crowd shows their team support - going all-in with a jersey, or staying with the franchise T-shirts? What jerseys do you own? And, of course, how badly have you been burned before?

InNOutBurgler
07-08-2010, 10:41 AM
I wish I hadn't thrown away my R. Williams jersey...as a Miami native I know you know why. That would be my biggest regret. I do like jerseys and I stick with players I feel are scrappy and more like me, or are old vets who will always be welcome. I have a few PSU jerseys but they don't have names so they can be reused. I've bought Marino, Zach Thomas and Ricky's jerseys for the NFL...Gasol for the Lakers, Griffey Jr. for the Reds and I want a DeWitt jersey for the Dodgers.

TheLinc
07-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Cripes, what a resurrected career! I love Williams, very happy he's come back as strong as he has, good for him. Apart from McNabb, I have a Portis jersey from his days at The U, Iverson (76ers), Pedro & Damon (whose name I cut off the back after his betrayal). Given those names I had to go with Face of the Franchise for the poll, but in the future I'll likely be sticking with team gear. It's always fun to say you had so-and-so's jersey way back when, but the bottom line is when McNabb lines up in that disgusting white and burgundy I want Bradley and Cole to crush him. Team loyalty and all that rah-rah wins out.

Mordeci
07-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Here's the unimpressive list of Bengals jerseys clutter the back of my closet: David freaking Klingler, Jeff Blake, Ki-Jana freaking Carter, Carl Pickens, Corey Dillon, Chad the wide receiver formerly known as Johnson. Never again. If I buy another jersey it will be someone who is retired and therefore immortal. Munoz would be the wise choice, but there are too many Munoz jerseys out there. Probably have a custom Kenny Riley (#13) jersey made at some point, or possibly Tim Krumrie (#69).

I don't suppose I could convince anyone that my Klingler jersey is a throwback.

InNOutBurgler
07-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Here's the unimpressive list of Bengals jerseys clutter the back of my closet: David freaking Klingler, Jeff Blake, Ki-Jana freaking Carter, Carl Pickens, Corey Dillon, Chad the wide receiver formerly known as Johnson. Never again. If I buy another jersey it will be someone who is retired and therefore immortal. Munoz would be the wise choice, but there are too many Munoz jerseys out there. Probably have a custom Kenny Riley (#13) jersey made at some point, or possibly Tim Krumrie (#69).

I don't suppose I could convince anyone that my Klingler jersey is a throwback.

WHAT?!!?! No Collinsworth #80???? FREELAND!! Ban this man!!!:cool: For real though...that list is lame...what about an Esiason or Ochocinco?? It wasn't Ki Jana's fault man...he would have been great.

Andy Freeland
07-08-2010, 11:15 AM
WHAT?!!?! No Collinsworth #80???? FREELAND!! Ban this man!!!:cool: For real though...that list is lame...what about an Esiason or Ochocinco?? It wasn't Ki Jana's fault man...he would have been great.

I won't ban him for not owning a Collinsworth jersey, but that Klingler jersey might get him a couple hours in timeout.

InNOutBurgler
07-08-2010, 11:26 AM
I won't ban him for not owning a Collinsworth jersey, but that Klingler jersey might get him a couple hours in timeout.

I'm telling Chris. I wonder if he still gets residuals?

Colts01
07-09-2010, 11:35 AM
the Alyssa Milano collection and the contents within!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/djerc7/alyssamilano.jpg

Wordsworth
07-09-2010, 03:25 PM
I tend to only buy a jersey of a guy that has spent most of his career with a team and is still locked up for a few more years. I don't want to get shafted on a trade or a cut. I own two Mario Williams jerseys (one for the girlfriend), an Andre Johnson, Jason Witten, and Brian Urlacher.

DannyMilk
07-14-2010, 04:31 AM
I'm not a fan of jerseys...only 3 jerseys I have ever had were David Diehl (friend of a friend), Urlacher (nuff said), Alstott (one of my favorite players of all time, local product (Joliet Catholic))

Pattrick
07-14-2010, 04:55 AM
I've never owned a Jersey. I am a bit of an autograph guy. I know that annoys some players but there isn't anything more exciting to me than speaking with an athlete I've admired for years and them being kind enough to actually sign something or take a picture with me.

Randy White actually helped my dad change a tire and he gave my father a signed autographed picture to give to me. I never liked the cowboys but I've started to change my mind about Randy White since then. and his bar.

giantsfan97
07-14-2010, 12:00 PM
I own two LT jerseys and that's it. There's really no other jersey I'd want.

Coldriver
07-14-2010, 01:24 PM
I had a Sterling Sharpe jersey when I was a kid and a Favre jersey in my early 20s, but these days I stick to team gear. I've yet to find a jersey that was comfortable to wear for an entire Sunday, but a Packers hoodie on a crisp fall afternoon with the windows wide open and that fall chill to the air ... that's where I want to be.

Polishguy00
07-14-2010, 01:32 PM
I own jerseys but do not where them "out" too much anymore. If I am in Chicago, yeah, one will be on the day I go to a game, but I do not where them around town much anymore. I have several Bears jerseys and if I ever add more, it is more likely to be something like Nagurski, Piccolo, Atkins, Hampton, Singletary, Fencik or Emery Moorehead.

The list:
Mean Joe Greene
Sayers
Payton
McMahon
Urlacher
Urlacher SB jersey
Cutler
Hester

Cutler may be the last modern player for a long time. That really was a great day for me. I liked Cutler at Vandy and my number in sports was always 6 or a multiple of 6. I hope he gets better in the Red Zone.

Kosar19
07-14-2010, 04:32 PM
I've never owned a Browns jersey, but if I did, it would have to be a Kosar, Kelly, or Jim Brown. I own a Visquel Indians jersey that will never go out and a LeBron jersey (which will probably never see the light of day again.

Pruitt
07-15-2010, 01:40 PM
I have many t-shirts and hats, but my only official mesh-style jersey was a going away present when I was leaving a job.

My co-workers pooled their cash and got me the shirt of the newest Cleveland Brown - the player that was going to lift the franchise to untold heights.

To this day when the Browns are on TV up here, I wear the shirt with pride.

#80 with "RISON" stitched across the top.

I remember seeing a couple of Bills fans who'd sprung for Bledsoe shirts (#11) taping over his name and placing tape with "Johnson" written on it across his name.

A lesson for all of us - stick to the logo.

MattBer2c
07-15-2010, 08:46 PM
Flashy Rookie: I got Reggie Bush and Ricky Williams for the Saints. I would like to get a Brees jersey one of these days.

CABengalsfan
07-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Would love to add a Collinsworth jersey but not sure I have seen them. Probably have to get that made and that's expensive. Maybe I could get a replica Collinsworth NBC blazer?

I voted for the retired great (my Esiason jersey) but I have more Palmers than anything. They are expensive so I would never buy the flashy rookie because then you end up with a closet full of black and orange jerseys that read: Klingler, Wilkinson, Perry, Carter, etc. Typing this list has made me depressed...

Docta
07-16-2010, 09:58 PM
I don't buy jerseys, since once they move teams, they're worthless. I'd rather buy team gear.

Wearing a retired legend's jersey is fine if they're well-known. Though, I'd rather frame a player like Walter Payton's jersey than wear it around.

Andy Freeland
07-16-2010, 10:04 PM
Would love to add a Collinsworth jersey but not sure I have seen them.

http://floridagators.teamcaps.com/item9775.Nike-Florida-Gators-81-Cris-Collinsworth-Orange-F.html

Collinsworth #81 Florida throwback. A real collectors item, mainly because Cris was #21 at Florida, not #81.

hassan812
07-16-2010, 10:16 PM
The only jersey I ever had was Troy Brown. That guy was all heart and the ultimate team player

Colts01
07-17-2010, 12:56 AM
id like one of Andys offical FPL video chat sport jackets with the new logo

FessJL0861
07-17-2010, 12:59 AM
and the shorts to match it?

BuckeyeRidley
07-17-2010, 01:27 AM
Nice Signature Linc! I think that Evan Turner is going to be Nice for the Sixers too!

I like getting the jersey because I feel accomplished buying it & the look is cool with the right shoes and pants!

Also, the face of the franchise is cool to support because that's part of the Awesomeness of being a fan of a team that has it going on like that. Especially Peyton Manning with the Colts. I think rarely will you have a face like Mike Vick & Ben Roethlisberger get tarnished for a franchise & you can't wear the jersey. Getting burned could be bad!