PDA

View Full Version : what features would you like to see added/subtracted from madden? (take notes Chris)

Colts01
07-08-2010, 04:21 PM
I for one wouldnt mind having a standard fantasy scoring option for online play etc,and get back to the 06-07 franchise version!

InNOutBurgler
07-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Superstar mode can go and a little more EA Head Coach stuff thrown into the mix instead...

Wordsworth
07-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Get back to the 06-07 franchise from PS2. The current generation has never done franchise the right way, but when Madden was still being put out on PS2 the 06 and 07 franchises worked perfectly.

Either stop the clock during, or have an easier way to make player subs from the play-call screen. It's tedious as it is and takes too long to do effectively.

Make more position-specific moves in Superstar mode, or get rid of the mode altogether. Playing DB in that game is stupidly hard because there is little control over your man. You can just move him around with the stick. There is no way to stick a single hand up or to jockey with the receiver you're covering. Also if he pulls one cut move on you, you get left in the dust more often than not because you have no plant or cut move of your own. Things like this would be great.

BayouBoys
07-11-2010, 01:20 AM
I really don't have much to complain about except continue to make the game great. I would like some new commentary from time to time. And some talk about big players during the season would be cool.

giantsfan97
07-12-2010, 06:24 PM
I love playing franchise mode in Madden, but there is one thing that ALWAYS bothers me: the injuries are sooo unrealistic!

There should be more minor injuries that last many weeks, even the whole season, that simply hurt players ratings a little bit.

Instead, we get lots of season ending injuries and lots of short injuries that the player miraculously fully recovers from with no lingering problems.

Colts01
07-12-2010, 10:22 PM
I love playing franchise mode in Madden, but there is one thing that ALWAYS bothers me: the injuries are sooo unrealistic!

There should be more minor injuries that last many weeks, even the whole season, that simply hurt players ratings a little bit.

Instead, we get lots of season ending injuries and lots of short injuries that the player miraculously fully recovers from with no lingering problems.
Good call on the injury thing,agree with you totally

giantsfan97
07-13-2010, 12:19 PM
I just thought of another minor thing, I wish the crowd reacted quickly to big plays. It's strange when I break off, say a huge kick return at home and the crowd cheers the moment I cross the plane into the endzone but they are silent while I'm streaking down the sideline. They cheer after the play is over and not while it's happening.

It would be so cool if they got really loud if you were close to a sack, and then groaned when the opposing QB gets the pass away for a first down.

MattBer2c
07-16-2010, 12:45 PM
I just thought of another minor thing, I wish the crowd reacted quickly to big plays. It's strange when I break off, say a huge kick return at home and the crowd cheers the moment I cross the plane into the endzone but they are silent while I'm streaking down the sideline. They cheer after the play is over and not while it's happening.

It would be so cool if they got really loud if you were close to a sack, and then groaned when the opposing QB gets the pass away for a first down.
That's a really good idea. And it would probably be pretty simple to do.

Wordsworth
07-16-2010, 03:10 PM
I would also personally enjoy a lot more player chatter on the field. I enjoy listening to the commentary, but after a month or so I've ended up hearing the majority of things more than once, and I turn off the commentary and jack up the on-field chatter. There's not enough variety of it.

Colts01
07-17-2010, 01:34 AM

Ea sports should hire you,very good ideas I think alot of hardcore fans want!

BuckeyeRidley
07-17-2010, 01:40 AM
Awesome ideas here! (I think we say where He's Cris, not "Chris").

I think EA has made the game as realistic as possible in some elements but Mos Deff things like crowd noise need to be in step with a real game. They are part of the game & it is important!

Colts01
07-17-2010, 01:47 AM
Awesome ideas here! (I think we say where He's Cris, not "Chris").

I think EA has made the game as realistic as possible in some elements but Mos Deff things like crowd noise need to be in step with a real game. They are part of the game & it is important!

Ha I know,I corrected someone of his name spelling after I finally realized he spells it Cris,takes time to correct all my "chris" to "Cris" posts

BuckeyeRidley
07-17-2010, 01:56 AM
Ha I know,I corrected someone of his name spelling after I finally realized he spells it Cris,takes time to correct all my "chris" to "Cris" posts

LOL! No Problem Bro! I wanted to make sure that I kept my BGR promise!

InNOutBurgler
07-18-2010, 04:53 AM
I never thought about the crowd noise...but no I'm not okay with it at all!! You're totally right on with that!!

BayouBoys
07-26-2010, 05:59 AM
You have convinced me...fix those crowds! You don't have to make them look great, keep making the players look amazing. But get those noises on track. And that should be extremely easy to do.

Curtis
02-11-2011, 04:35 PM
A few things I would like to see implemented or improved upon in Madden 12:

Crowd Noise / Momentum Swing Meter - This feature was in EA NCAA Football 07 (I haven't bought any future NCAA games since, so I don't know if it's still in the game) When you lost momentum, the controller vibrates very hard and the crowd noise is deafening. Your team suffers false starts and delay of game. You hit a big play, Momentum Meter slides more to your side and quiets the crowd.

GameFlow / Gameplanning - GameFlow is a great idea, but it needs some tweaking. Currently to set up your GameFlow takes forever, scrolling through hundreds of plays. Your teams playbook should be added to the screen for ease of adding plays. And for the love of God, let up add our play packages to GameFlow!!
In regards to Gameplanning, in Franchise modes there needs to be a practice option, and there should be a scouted gameplan for your next opponent. A few key plays are offered on OFF and DEF, to add to your Gameflow based on injuries, matchups, etc.

Commentaries are fine, but in some of the scripting Cris can get a bit long winded, I can run 2 plays before he is done talking about Tony Romo for example.

The AI needs to be tweaked a bit because it has trouble running some plays like WR corner routes and some O-line blocking schemes.

KabaModernFan
02-11-2011, 04:50 PM
For God's sake, do something to make Franchise less boring! Look at how the experts (2K) do it for their games!! Let us edit/create our own draft classes! Get more in depth with prospect and player scouting! Improve the free agency process and computer AI when it comes to running opposing franchises (I can successfully trade away Nate Clements for Vince Young AND a 4th Round pick). I love Madden, but after EA got exclusive rights to NFL games they really stopped caring. They need a competitor before things really start to look up again. And please, stop wasting time and money on ridiculous things like Ultimate Team. And stop pretending to care about Superstar mode when every year you just take more of the features out to the point where it's bare-boned now.

Last thing, don't count players on IR as part of the active roster. It can make things really annoying.

Curtis
02-11-2011, 05:41 PM
For God's sake, do something to make Franchise less boring! Look at how the experts (2K) do it for their games!! Let us edit/create our own draft classes! Get more in depth with prospect and player scouting! Improve the free agency process and computer AI when it comes to running opposing franchises (I can successfully trade away Nate Clements for Vince Young AND a 4th Round pick). I love Madden, but after EA got exclusive rights to NFL games they really stopped caring. They need a competitor before things really start to look up again. And please, stop wasting time and money on ridiculous things like Ultimate Team. And stop pretending to care about Superstar mode when every year you just take more of the features out to the point where it's bare-boned now.

Last thing, don't count players on IR as part of the active roster. It can make things really annoying.

I agree with you about franchise mode, it needs an overhaul. One way that you can quick remedy this is by playing a 32 team franchise and using only your chosen team. By doing this you can switch to each team and go to Coaching Scheme and change the sliders. These sliders are used by the AI to determine CPU play style like passing vs Rushing balance and off season moves via draft, FA and trades. For example if you set the Colt QB priority to 100 and change the slider to Pocket Passer, when Peyton Manning retires this will ensure the CPU will draft or make trades for only a pocket passer, it won't go after Vick or draft anyone like Vick. Do the same with all positions, RB power or speed backs, LB pass rush or coverage, etc.

Make a test franchise and give it a try.

darvon
02-11-2011, 07:05 PM
Can we get a simple CBA sim?

Polishguy00
02-16-2011, 01:46 PM
I like the additions seen here on crowd noise, momentum and chatter.

I did read somewhere that the franchise mode is in fact getting an overhaul this year. The online franchise mode needs to be as good as the regular franchise mode as well. I am part of the video game generation. I still play games from time to time and one way I keep up with some old buddies is playing online dynasty mode in NCAA. I cannot do this for Madden and have not been able to since PS3 came out. They have the most powerful system out there and weakest franchise mode. For a name like Madden, that is unacceptable. This is why I did not buy it last year for the first time in it's history.

I hope the rumor I read is true and I can get back to playing Madden. My favorite year had an almost perfect franchise mode and create teams mode. I remember beating my buddy in the Super Bowl with a Scottish Claymores-looking team with a bunch of cast-offs just to prove I could do it with less talent than him. I had a 2,000 yard rushing season with Travis Minor.

Curtis
02-16-2011, 05:49 PM
I recently read a blog from Madden Devs that stated there will be a "surprise" onside kick from standard kickoff formation available once per game. I like that as a momentum shift element. Also something about "tuners" to update the game without installing patches. I haven't read anything about franchise mode yet, but I do hope it gets a major upgrade since it is the meat and potatoes of the game. Superstar mode just needs to be trashed completely, I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks it just plain sucks.

The Madden Devs always come up with something cool and fun, but usually at the expense of something else. So what will they remove or not enhance with the addition of tuners and suprise onside kicks? We will just have to wait and see.