PDA

View Full Version : Food in and around stadiums/NFL cities

DannyMilk
07-08-2010, 11:08 PM
Andy brought up Skyline chilli...so good topic...what food is solid around your parts. Here in Chicago I say the top 3 choices would be a Polish (polish sausage, grilled onions, mustard) from Maxwell Street, which is about 3 miles from Soldier Field, a beef sandwich (flanked Italian beef, Au Jus, sweet peppers) which you can get a lot of places, but most go for Al's (Original 4 miles from Soldier Field), and thirdly Deep Dish pizza (thick crust, sauce on top...my suggested ingredients would be ricotta cheese, lite garlic, sausage, mushroom, onion, and green pepper) ...there's a lot of places, but most places downtown (3 miles from stadium) are pretty solid i.e. Edwardos, Giordanos, Ginos East, Pizzeria Uno, etc. What are out of towners missing from your city if they've rarely or never visited?

Cris Collinsworth
07-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Does anyone know who is missing a sports coat? Andy clearly stole that from somebody. Just got home from dinner. Classic stuff. Next week I get my shot. I may do the FPL Nightly News, if I can stay awake that long. Can't wait.

Colts01
07-08-2010, 11:46 PM
In Indianapolis st.Elmos steakhouse!

DannyMilk
07-08-2010, 11:53 PM
Sounds good Cris...and yeah, Andy was dressed professionally from Head to Toe for the first video chat, which was very successful!

BigDerf
07-09-2010, 12:21 AM
The best food at any stadium is in the parking lot. I loveeeee Tailgate food.

BayouBoys
07-10-2010, 01:14 AM
New Orleans has too many to list. But try out Drago's for the best charbroiled oysters. And "1179" for the best Italian food. I will say this, if you are looking for the best gumbo in the city, In my opinion look no further then Mandina's (on canal). So good! Then swing by bracato's for some great dessert and then hit bourbon street! The next morning go to Camellia grill to get great breakfast to fix that hangover. Of course, none of these are the extremely fancy and expensive places but some of the best local places in the city.

DannyMilk
07-10-2010, 02:21 AM
I didn't mention it, but the last sentence is exactly what I'm lookin for in this thread BayouBoys haha