PDA

View Full Version : I'm pretty sure I want to trade places with Guy Fieri

GoBigOrGoHome
02-16-2011, 09:04 PM
How cool would it be to host Diners, Drive-ins & Dives? Travel the country to hand-picked spots and get let into the kitchen so you can see them work their magic?

Sounds awful. Not.

Bengals1181
02-16-2011, 09:49 PM
or host "Minute to Win It" where its deliberately clear that they only let you on the show if you're ridiculously gorgeous.

You won't find a single bad looking contestant on that show. Ever.

Bengals1181
02-16-2011, 10:30 PM
of course, the very next episode tonight they contradict that.

Pruitt
02-16-2011, 11:10 PM
Adam Richman can kick Guy Fieri's ass.

GoBigOrGoHome
02-17-2011, 12:44 AM
Really?

GoBigOrGoHome
02-17-2011, 12:55 AM
I'd trade places with either of them.

Pruitt
02-17-2011, 10:26 AM
I'd trade places with either of them.

Actually, I'd prefer to be Guy. At least he doesn't have to eat things like a 12 pound omelettes.

Polishguy00
02-17-2011, 11:30 AM
I would rather be Guy. He can just eat good food in normal portions and gets to eat anywhere. Adam Richman has said that his diet when not on the show is quite boring to make sure his body can handle the gorging. I'd rather be Guy for this reason alone; my diet would not really have to change. Richman's body probably acts bi-polar. Plus, with the hot wings challenges he has had, he is bound to have an ulcer soon.

mkocs6
02-17-2011, 11:47 AM
Triple D's been fun, but it's starting to get a little stale... at least to me. Man v. Food seems to have recognized that you only watch a man eat a four-and-a-half pound burrito so many times.

Still love to see the joints Guy heads to, and happy that they get the exposure, but you wonder how long that goes before it hits the wall. Also, his food demos are pretty uninspired--did anyone watch that episode where he made chicken (or whatever) with Matthew McConaughey? It might have been the most brah-ish thing in the history of ever.

GoBigOrGoHome
02-17-2011, 12:29 PM
Triple D's been fun, but it's starting to get a little stale... at least to me. Man v. Food seems to have recognized that you only watch a man eat a four-and-a-half pound burrito so many times.

Still love to see the joints Guy heads to, and happy that they get the exposure, but you wonder how long that goes before it hits the wall. Also, his food demos are pretty uninspired--did anyone watch that episode where he made chicken (or whatever) with Matthew McConaughey? It might have been the most brah-ish thing in the history of ever.

Both shows are getting stale. At least Fieri gets to drive a '68 Camaro drop-top. And he doesn't have to eat chicken wings that are so ridiculously hot that the kitchen staff has to wear haz-mat suits during preparation.

Wordsworth
02-17-2011, 05:01 PM
I've always thought Guy Fieri was a giant tool. Nay, a bag of tools.

GoBigOrGoHome
02-17-2011, 05:36 PM
All the more reason for Food Network to hire me. ;)

Wordsworth
02-17-2011, 05:47 PM
He is a sell out. Aflac ads, Ritz ads, game shows - his passion isn't cooking. His passion is whatever will let him wave his lame bleachy hair around on TV and make unfunny jokes. I don't know how people like that become famous. He has no discernible skill that I can see. Like Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian. The difference being that those two are hot chicks.

Well...one of them is. The other is just a slut :P

GoBigOrGoHome
02-17-2011, 06:00 PM
The guy I'd really like to replace is Tony Bourdain.

ReaderM
02-17-2011, 09:15 PM
Actually, I'd prefer to be Guy. At least he doesn't have to eat things like a 12 pound omelettes.

Where is your since of adventure.. there is something noble about looking for that one meal that gives you a heart attack half-way through it

Docta
02-17-2011, 09:39 PM
He is a sell out. Aflac ads, Ritz ads, game shows - his passion isn't cooking. His passion is whatever will let him wave his lame bleachy hair around on TV and make unfunny jokes. I don't know how people like that become famous. He has no discernible skill that I can see. Like Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian. The difference being that those two are hot chicks.

Well...one of them is. The other is just a slut :P
My thoughts exactly. Why host game shows if you're a cook? At least the Ritz ad includes one of his recipes in it.

Pruitt
02-18-2011, 09:31 AM
Where is your since of adventure.. there is something noble about looking for that one meal that gives you a heart attack half-way through it

True, but sometimes watching the climax of "Man vs. Food" I get the horrible feeling that I am watching Adam's last supper.

mkocs6
02-18-2011, 01:16 PM
The guy I'd really like to replace is Tony Bourdain.

I have only a few personal heroes, and Anthony Bourdain is one of them.

GoBigOrGoHome
02-18-2011, 01:20 PM
I have only a few personal heroes, and Anthony Bourdain is one of them.

I have "Kitchen Confidential" as an audiobook (among several hundred others, I drive a lot). Bourdain narrates himself. Launched his career. Excellent.

mkocs6
02-18-2011, 01:50 PM
I have "Kitchen Confidential" as an audiobook (among several hundred others, I drive a lot). Bourdain narrates himself. Launched his career. Excellent.

I'm not much for audiobooks, but I do own Kitchen Confidential andMedium Raw. I'm a fan of the show, too, but I most love his approach to the restaurant biz and the life. His experience in it was a bit more extreme than mine, but expresses a lot of shared feelings of mine about eating out. Don't pay for bull****.

Wordsworth
02-19-2011, 05:29 AM
True, but sometimes watching the climax of "Man vs. Food" I get the horrible feeling that I am watching Adam's last supper.

Me too. I half expect him to turn blue and keel over mid-meal every time I watch that show. I still like it though.

Bengals1181
02-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Me too. I half expect him to turn blue and keel over mid-meal every time I watch that show. I still like it though.

I enjoy the show and the concept, but Richman's act has kind of worn thin on me. I can't tell if he's just pretending to be full of himself, or he actually is.

ReaderM
02-19-2011, 07:25 PM

Not going to lie.. in my top 5 ways to go out.. in the middle of some epic meal that knows no bounds or limits