PDA

View Full Version : Could the Lebron/Wade/Bosh Affair happen in the NFL?

mjchefer
07-13-2010, 10:55 AM
Could the Lebron/Wade/Bosh Affair happen in the NFL? What would it look like?

I think its a valid question... I guess there are many different angles to take on this: How many superstars in their prime would it take to turn an NFL team from a marginal playoff team to a juggernaut? Would this be too difficult in the NFL because of the number of players that are active participants in the game? (25+, compared to 8-10 in the NBA).

Can anyone think of any scenarios?

Andy Freeland
07-13-2010, 11:23 AM
I don't see it happening. With a 53-man roster, the number of high priced superstars a team can sign is just too limited. NFL GMs have to budget, anyone can sign a superstar to a huge contract, but filling out a roster with more cost effective talent is what wins, which is why it all has to start with the draft.

DannyMilk
07-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Besides the roster spots, I think the difference with NFL and NBA is that there could be 3 superstars, but it's those 3 that make each of them respectively a superstar, i.e. Aikman, Irvin, Smith. Would all three of them been HOF individually, probably. But the fact that all 3 won together as opposed to joining together at once to win makes it special. It happens a lot more in NFL than in NBA...2 players in NBA often, but not 3...who were the last 3 who will be HOF that didn't sign after a championship was already achieved in NBA?