PDA

View Full Version : Before the site gets too big...

DannyMilk
07-14-2010, 01:54 AM
I woke up today with over 40 new responses to read. Granted, it's my own fault for having something to say in the first place, but it is what it is. I think I speak for a lot of people on the site who contribute who feel that this is going in the direction of overwhelmedness (just made it up (I think)). Basically just wanted to say, I'll try to respond to everything, but some things I'll miss. I'm not ignoring it, and if you really really want to know my thoughts on something that I didn't respond to, PM me. I don't duck or dodge questions or topics, even when I may be wrong or look like an idiot...I really don't care, because I'm obviously not an expert.

Just wanted to get this out of the way before we have 10,000 people and I have 500 new notifications in a few months (I think we will get there quicker than people realize).

Colts01
07-14-2010, 01:56 AM
yup already seeing it happen

Pattrick
07-14-2010, 01:59 AM
as soon as pre-season hits, I'm betting that there is going to be a huge increase in membership.

IndyColtsFan
07-14-2010, 02:01 AM
yea- how do you see your notifications? never mind found it

Arshvender
07-14-2010, 02:05 AM
I do love this OG tag though, I am very glad I downloaded "The B.S. Report" and found out about this site, I am looking forward to it during football season for sure!

DannyMilk
07-14-2010, 02:19 AM
yea- how do you see your notifications? never mind found it

well, as for the literal notification button, that's for private messages and friend requests...but as for unread items on threads, click settings, and all the ones that are unread will look "open"...but everyone's settings are different...I have my settings so that every time I reply to a thread, I'm automatically subscribed

IndyColtsFan
07-14-2010, 02:32 AM
ok thank you very much

Pattrick
07-14-2010, 02:36 AM
I do love this OG tag though, I am very glad I downloaded "The B.S. Report" and found out about this site, I am looking forward to it during football season for sure!

I found out about it from PFT. But I do love being involved with this from the beginning.

TheLinc
07-14-2010, 04:37 AM
Haven't figured out the subscriptions yet, but I'll look more into it as the season gets closer and population increases. Not to worry, as soon as the schedule gets deeper into the season I'll start hating all of you ;)

InNOutBurgler
07-14-2010, 05:28 AM
I woke up today with over 40 new responses to read. Granted, it's my own fault for having something to say in the first place, but it is what it is. I think I speak for a lot of people on the site who contribute who feel that this is going in the direction of overwhelmedness (just made it up (I think)). Basically just wanted to say, I'll try to respond to everything, but some things I'll miss. I'm not ignoring it, and if you really really want to know my thoughts on something that I didn't respond to, PM me. I don't duck or dodge questions or topics, even when I may be wrong or look like an idiot...I really don't care, because I'm obviously not an expert.

Just wanted to get this out of the way before we have 10,000 people and I have 500 new notifications in a few months (I think we will get there quicker than people realize).

I'm getting all emotional over here Danny...

Pattrick
07-14-2010, 06:05 AM
there's no crying in football.

blog posting.

Pattrick
07-14-2010, 06:56 AM
Haven't figured out the subscriptions yet, but I'll look more into it as the season gets closer and population increases. Not to worry, as soon as the schedule gets deeper into the season I'll start hating all of you ;)

Hating with care though, right?

Polishguy00
07-14-2010, 08:18 AM
I am really looking forward to how each team will have it's own thread on each game and we can comment while the games are going on. That is, after I clean up the spilled beer and wipe the chicken wing sauce off the keyboard and stop swearing at a forced Cutler pass or a failed run block by Omiyale or a terribly-timed false start, a key drop by Olsen (still won't forgive the 2 fumble Carolina game), or a......I'll stop.

thephaze
07-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Its good to be busy/popular/have a job these days.

Kosar19
07-14-2010, 04:41 PM
It will be good for the site when it's big, But it will also be nice to see that "OG" tag and know that they've been here since before the trolls show up....and they will.

Cris Collinsworth
07-14-2010, 04:53 PM
I don't mind this site getting big as long as it remains intelligent. That has been the key so far. Inane contributors will be attacked by Ninjas until they leave.

FessJL0861
07-14-2010, 06:13 PM
I don't mind this site getting big as long as it remains intelligent. That has been the key so far. Inane contributors will be attacked by Ninjas until they leave.

http://blog.newsok.com/television/files/2009/05/john-wayne.jpg

Or him...

Colts01
07-14-2010, 06:17 PM
How great would it be to have John Facenda from NFL films say that with some epic NFL film music in the background!:star:

Wordsworth
07-14-2010, 06:25 PM
No need for notifications if you just go to New Posts, then you can see everything in one big list, including new threads that got posted while you were gone.