PDA

View Full Version : player you dislike the most in the NFL

Colts01
07-15-2010, 10:19 PM
after reading Turks teams you love to hate article I thought this is a natural progression,so whos the player you dislike the most in the NFL.

now-Richie Incognito G rams/buffao...had some real cheap shots last year.

all time-Bill Romanowski...same reasons in his playing days.

whos yours?

Docta
07-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Now: Cedric Benson

All-time: Mercury Morris.

MattBer2c
07-15-2010, 10:29 PM
Now: Shawne Merriman. I just don't like him, and I consider every play he makes tainted by his steroid use.

All-time: Warren Sapp. I'll never forgive the cheap shot he put on that GB out of the game.

*Looked it up*: Chad Clifton (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/news/2002/11/25/sapp_sherman/) was the guy.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/news/2002/11/25/sapp_sherman/lg_sapphit_tv.jpg

TheLinc
07-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Terrell. F'ing. Owens. Oh wait - what's that? He's not IN the NFL? HAHAHAHAHA!

Now: tie between Eli Manning and Roy Williams (safety). The mouth-breather and horse-collarer. Words fail.

All-time would've been Rodney Harrison, but he's got great commentary so I've softened up to the knucklehead and decided to keep my hatred current.

KabaModernFan
07-15-2010, 10:59 PM
Hines Ward, he's just a dirty player who doesn't take responsibility when he injures someone. In the words of Bill Simmons (Albeit about Sasha Vujacic, "If I was stopped at a crosswalk, and he was walking across...I'm not saying I'd run over him, but I would definitely look around to see how many people were watching."

giantsfan97
07-16-2010, 12:36 AM
Merriman or Rivers

Wordsworth
07-16-2010, 01:49 AM
DeSean Jackson, Michael Vick, Shawn Merriman,

TheLinc
07-16-2010, 02:46 AM
DeSean Jackson, Michael Vick

http://yarukizero.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/hatersgonnahate.jpg

;)

imiweli
07-16-2010, 08:24 AM
bart scott or hines ward

Pruitt
07-16-2010, 09:25 AM
Larry Johnson

Mike
07-16-2010, 09:37 AM
Ray Lewis. For 15 years it was Bret Favre, but since he wears different clothes on Sundays now; he does not seem so bad. Funny how that works.

ElShay
07-16-2010, 09:51 AM
Jay Cutler. Looks and acts like a petulant child with a neck beard.

footballgal
07-16-2010, 09:51 AM
Favre. (Why can't he just say, "I'm going to play this year; I just don't want to go to training camp"?)

Also, Jay Cutler and Philip Rivers. Remember their little feud thingie? It made me side against both of them.

Kosar19
07-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Current- Ben Roethlisberger. I didn't care for him before, he does play for the Steelers, but I could respect the way he played. But now? I can't stand him. I'm not above making some of the classic wife or mother in law jokes, but you just don't treat women that way. Any one who (it seems repeatedly) treats women like garbage and playthings to do with as he pleases is not a man. That person is lower than a slug. I can respect a player for his abilities and I don't expect players to be role models. I do expect them to be decent human freakin' beings. Good people make mistakes. Roethlisbereger didn't make a mistake. He's just a bad person.

ElShay
07-16-2010, 10:08 AM
Current- Ben Roethlisberger. I didn't care for him before, he does play for the Steelers, but I could respect the way he played. But now? I can't stand him. I'm not above making some of the classic wife or mother in law jokes, but you just don't treat women that way. Any one who (it seems repeatedly) treats women like garbage and playthings to do with as he pleases is not a man. That person is lower than a slug. I can respect a player for his abilities and I don't expect players to be role models. I do expect them to be decent human freakin' beings. Good people make mistakes. Roethlisbereger didn't make a mistake. He's just a bad person.

Great point.

GBPKS
07-16-2010, 10:25 AM
I would say Leonard Little has to be pretty high on the list - although that's more for off-the-field stuff than anything on the field.

On the field, I would have to say right now it's Jared Allen - he put together two Defensive Player of the Year highlight film games against the Pack last season.

From a fantasy perspective, since I own Adrian Peterson in my keeper league, my three least favorite words in the English language were "Chester Taylor touchdown"

buzmeg
07-16-2010, 10:32 AM
t.o. - an organizational cancer
&
o.j. - a murderer

jeffwaytowich
07-16-2010, 10:41 AM
As much as you need to respect his game... Ray Lewis and his asinine pre-game dance routine make me want to throw up!

Polishguy00
07-16-2010, 10:42 AM
I briefly hate any player who celebrates the mundane or the silly. The corner who tackles the receiver after a 26 yard gain. There are plenty of other examples. I like players with emotion, heck I have admitted that I like Jay Cutler. Silly celebration is just absurd.

All-time. Charles Martin.

GBPKS
07-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Of course, my all-time most hated player is Freddie Mitchell... the guy made one play in his whole career, and he did it against my team...

Wordsworth
07-16-2010, 02:20 PM
http://yarukizero.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/hatersgonnahate.jpg

I didn't realize they were on the same team. It's not an Eagles thing, trust me. DeSean Jackson is a highly arrogant little kid who is more concerned with self promotion and celebrating than playing football. I cite two times (once in college, once in the pros) when he threw away the ball before crossing the plane because he thinks he's such a hotshot he doesn't realize he's not in the end zone.

Mike Vick I don't like because he has been given millions of dollars on a silver platter and continues to screw it all up. People work their entire lives and don't make what he makes THIS SEASON ALONE and he still can't fly right. He doesn't deserve anything at this point and I wish he would just get tossed out.

I also don't like Chris Johnson. The guy is a fantastic running back, but he is way too cocky and thinks he's the greatest thing on god's green earth. I just get tired of it.

BearThruThickNThin
07-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Those of you saying Cutler, I have to say he handled last year with a lot of class. Never threw his coordinator, O-line, or receivers under the bus when he could have. I wasn't the biggest fan of his demeanor and some of his antics in the past, but I'm fine with him leading my team going forward.

For my most hated, as the father of two daughters I'd go with Big Ben right now, followed by Jared Allen. I can't stand his cowboy act.

nate2588
07-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Peyton Manning and Donta Stallworth

DannyMilk
07-16-2010, 03:03 PM
any DB for GB with dreads haha

ScottDCP
07-16-2010, 05:48 PM
Current, Ray Lewis. I don't care how good he has been. Leaving aside the hinky acquittal, I can't stand his consistent yammering on about football as war. Makes me want to throw up a little. Yes, it is a brutally violent game. Death and dismemberment are, however, accidental. Words have power, and while words alone cannot do damage, the careless, thoughtless, or pointed use of them sometimes can. Anyone using the phrase 'when the bullets start flying' or something like it to describe a ballgame is really not being careful enough in their choice of metaphors. Even if the country wasn't involved in two wars right now, the tendency to equate a pastime, even one that is a gladiatorial competition, with weapons-fire does too much to diminish the reality of lethal violence. I think that tendency is too often taken by young people as an implicit acceptance of actual violence as a way of dealing with other people. It diminishes all of us who accept it.

Also just never really liked rah-rah-here-I-am-pay-attention-to-me guys.

ScottDCP
07-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Also, Jay Cutler and Philip Rivers. Remember their little feud thingie? It made me side against both of them.

Excellent use of the word 'thingie'. I applaud.

Cris Collinsworth
07-16-2010, 05:59 PM
Joe Montana. He is wearing my two Super Bowl rings.

ScottDCP
07-16-2010, 05:59 PM

Excellent point. For years it was him - and I could always see Dwight Clark out of the corner of my eye.

IndyColtsFan
07-16-2010, 06:20 PM
Tom Brady, Rivers,

DaBearsFan
07-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Brett Favre- For his will-he-or-won't-he mentality and out of jealousy mostly.

CABengalsfan
07-16-2010, 08:17 PM

Ha! - Can't argue with this one...although John Taylor (WR not the bass player) has to get honorable mention.

Tinindian
07-16-2010, 11:33 PM

Ouch!

It has to be Ben Roethlisberger at this point. Poster boy for the overprivledged, spoiled athlete. He isn't disrespectful to just women, this guiy is disrespectful to everyone.
Reminded me of an old quote. " You can easily judge the character of a person by how they treat someone who can do neither anything to them or for them."

BayouBoys
07-17-2010, 04:24 AM
Those of you saying Cutler, I have to say he handled last year with a lot of class. Never threw his coordinator, O-line, or receivers under the bus when he could have. I wasn't the biggest fan of his demeanor and some of his antics in the past, but I'm fine with him leading my team going forward.

I agree with you, he could have lit many bridges but I hear that's not what things were like in the locker room. Even if that is false, the guy portrays himself horribly on the field and you just can't have that. If I was a player and saw that I would just be so discouraged. Him and Philip Rivers should box each other for charity. I'd pay 100 bucks easily. That's about it though because I know I wouldn't have to pay for the entertainment of loud mouth Rivers yapping on espn to promote the fight! hahaha!

msclemons
07-18-2010, 02:05 AM
Warren Sapp. I still haven't forgiven him for the cheap faskmask that essentially ended Jerry Rice's time with the 49ers.

Chompurself
07-18-2010, 04:28 AM
Matt Leinart...because he's tool

InNOutBurgler
07-18-2010, 07:22 AM
Brett Favre...i would go with Rothlisraper but he gives me a chance to laugh at Steeler's fans (which doesn't come often)

Chompurself
07-18-2010, 07:45 AM
Albert Haynesworth is quickly accending this list...really? for a 100 mil you still complaining about something? You have no choice, for a 100 mil I feel like if the other players need a babysitter he should do that as well as groundkeeping, team laundry, and maybe painting/drywalling as well.....its a 100 mil!!

DannyMilk
07-18-2010, 01:34 PM
Brett Favre...i would go with Rothlisraper but he gives me a chance to laugh at Steeler's fans (which doesn't come often)

dude...edit your misspelling next ti.....oh, never mind haha

FessJL0861
07-18-2010, 01:43 PM
Albert Haynesworth is quickly accending this list...really? for a 100 mil you still complaining about something? You have no choice, for a 100 mil I feel like if the other players need a babysitter he should do that as well as groundkeeping, team laundry, and maybe painting/drywalling as well.....its a 100 mil!!

Oh yeah, no kidding. I couldn't agree more. When you attain a certain contract status, you have to just shut your mouth and be a man. I thought he grew mentally in Tennessee the last few years, but I guess money changes guys. He works best when he thinks he is underpaid and underrated. Someone needs to let him keep his money, but hide it in various accounts in Switzerland so he thinks he's broke. You will then see the monster that terrified O-lines for a few years.

SpartaChris
07-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Brent Fraud. The retirement crap he pulled with the Packers was more then enough to drama to last a lifetime, plus the emotional tearful goodbye followed by the drama that same year when he realized life can and will go on without him was just too much. That he weaseled his way to the Vikings proves what a classless douche he is.

Philip Rivers. I just can't like a guy who talks trash to fans and flips them the bird. Another colossal douche.

Mike Vick. Dog torture and abuse is unforgivable to me. It's unfortunate they opted only to prosecute him for the illegal gambling ring and not for the willful abuse, torture and murder of those animals. Each animal carries 1-5 years, times the 8 he admitted to. The guy should still be locked up.

Ben Roethlisberger. I know he's not been convicted of anything, but two separate incidents by two un-related women and you gotta wonder. Seeing him on TV makes me feel dirty inside.

bluestree
07-18-2010, 03:10 PM
Warren Sapp. I still haven't forgiven him for the cheap faskmask that essentially ended Jerry Rice's time with the 49ers.
What's everyone think of the hit Warren put on Chad Clifton? It was blindside and away from the ball. Cheap shot, dirty, or just ballin'?

bluestree
07-18-2010, 03:12 PM
Brent Fraud. The retirement crap he pulled with the Packers was more then enough to drama to last a lifetime, plus the emotional tearful goodbye followed by the drama that same year when he realized life can and will go on without him was just too much. That he weaseled his way to the Vikings proves what a classless douche he is.

Philip Rivers. I just can't like a guy who talks trash to fans and flips them the bird. Another colossal douche.

Mike Vick. Dog torture and abuse is unforgivable to me. It's unfortunate they opted only to prosecute him for the illegal gambling ring and not for the willful abuse, torture and murder of those animals. Each animal carries 1-5 years, times the 8 he admitted to. The guy should still be locked up.

Ben Roethlisberger. I know he's not been convicted of anything, but two separate incidents by two un-related women and you gotta wonder. Seeing him on TV makes me feel dirty inside.

My take on Favre is he was angling his way out of Green Bay since before ted arrived.

SpartaChris
07-18-2010, 03:17 PM
My take on Favre is he was angling his way out of Green Bay since before ted arrived.

I think it was more apparent after Ted's arrival than before, and I think it was because Thompson and McCarthy told him that in order to be a part of the team, he would have to be a team player. He was expected to be at training camp and work with his team, rather than sitting on his tractor and making excuses like he does now with the Vikings.

You could see a couple times during his final season with the Packers that he didn't have the fire in his eyes, especially in the cold weather. I think he wanted to go to Minnesota all along because he knew he'd be worshipped there, whereas he was just another guy on the team with us.

Whatever, he's their problem now. He's still a douche.

DannyMilk
07-18-2010, 03:21 PM
"colossal douche" copyright that.....

FessJL0861
07-18-2010, 03:23 PM
It is hard for me to write him off totally. That guy was "it" for a real long time. I wonder if we will temper some of our feelings 10 years from now. I'd like to think so, but you never know. It still feels to dirty for me to talk about alot with the way things went down, but..... I don't know...... I wish him well, but to echo SpartaChris's sentiment, he's their problem now.

DannyMilk
07-18-2010, 03:31 PM
What's everyone think of the hit Warren put on Chad Clifton? It was blindside and away from the ball. Cheap shot, dirty, or just ballin'?

I think it was one of those cheap shots that people DID see...there were probably another 15 cheap shots throughout the game that no one happened to notice.

FessJL0861
07-18-2010, 03:37 PM
I think it was one of those cheap shots that people DID see...there were probably another 15 cheap shots throughout the game that no one happened to notice.

It was cheap, but linemen know (or should know) you have to keep your head on a swivel down there.

bluestree
07-18-2010, 03:40 PM
I thought I heard him say once one of his biggest regrets was that Chad clifton got up. I'm not even sure if I heard right. Last season I do remember him giving Cliffy some praise.

SpartaChris
07-18-2010, 03:49 PM
I wonder if we will temper some of our feelings 10 years from now. I'd like to think so, but you never know. It still feels to dirty for me to talk about alot with the way things went down, but..... I don't know......

I know what you mean. When people asked me how I felt about Fraud going to minny-haha to play for the Vikes, I compared it to seeing the love of your life hook up with that prick from work you hate right in front of you, knowing full well your feelings towards both people. It seemed to me he didn't care much at all about what the fans, his fans, felt and cared more about his vendetta against TT and MM. If he did, he never would have weaseled his way onto the Vikings and would have just stayed with the Jets or even stayed retired.

That's ok though. As the Vikings learned first hand, you live by the Fraud, you die by the Fraud. While I agree all signs point to his return, you can never really tell with that guy. Until he actually shows up in training camp, you just won't know for sure. And even if he does return, I think it would be a HUGE stretch to think his production will be the same as it was last year. While the league did him a favor and scheduled most of their late season games for teams playing in domes (Yes, I think this was done deliberately), he faces a much tougher schedule this season than last. None of the teams in the AFC or NFC East are going to be easy. Well, maybe the Bills, but otherwise the AFC East has three playoff caliber teams while the NFC East has four. Plus all the teams in our division improved this season, whereas I can't say with confidence that they did.

And then you have the family thing- He's a new grandpa now. And he still hurts from last season. All of those have to be weighing on his "decision."

My question is- When will ESPN be airing the Brent Fraud one hour special?

damgenius
07-18-2010, 03:54 PM
I hate Jake Delhomme and Marc Bulger, among other formerly overrated now overpaid quarterbacks. My all time least favorite player was Jake Plummer.

FessJL0861
07-18-2010, 04:00 PM
I know what you mean. When people asked me how I felt about Fraud going to minny-haha to play for the Vikes, I compared it to seeing the love of your life hook up with that prick from work you hate right in front of you, knowing full well your feelings towards both people. It seemed to me he didn't care much at all about what the fans, his fans, felt and cared more about his vendetta against TT and MM. If he did, he never would have weaseled his way onto the Vikings and would have just stayed with the Jets or even stayed retired.

That's ok though. As the Vikings learned first hand, you live by the Fraud, you die by the Fraud. While I agree all signs point to his return, you can never really tell with that guy. Until he actually shows up in training camp, you just won't know for sure. And even if he does return, I think it would be a HUGE stretch to think his production will be the same as it was last year. While the league did him a favor and scheduled most of their late season games for teams playing in domes (Yes, I think this was done deliberately), he faces a much tougher schedule this season than last. None of the teams in the AFC or NFC East are going to be easy. Well, maybe the Bills, but otherwise the AFC East has three playoff caliber teams while the NFC East has four. Plus all the teams in our division improved this season, whereas I can't say with confidence that they did.

And then you have the family thing- He's a new grandpa now. And he still hurts from last season. All of those have to be weighing on his "decision."

My question is- When will ESPN be airing the Brent Fraud one hour special?

I'm with you there, but I don't see it as much of a McCarthy thing, definitely TT. The whole thing kind of had a:
http://paulvitagliano.com/Fredo/images/Fredo_real.jpg
feel to it. You broke my heart Brett, you broke my heart...

cobber66
07-19-2010, 07:09 PM
I don't really have one player in the NFL that I've ever really hated or wanted to see fail, but one thing that does bother me when guys like Albert Haynesworth go out and b*tch about the system they're playing in because it doesn't suit their needs. Sir you want to stand out and make the defense revolve around you at THE DEFENSIVE TACKLE POSITION??? Please. If you wanted to be a star you should've been a QB, WR, or even DB. When you're a 1-technique who had one great year and then got overpaid because of it, you need to accept your role.

If I wasn't a Vikings fan, I probably would hate Brett Favre, but I exempt myself from that one.

The player that disappointed me most historically was Gary Anderson in the 1998 NFC Championship game. He goes perfect on field goals for the ENTIRE SEASON and then misses the one that would've iced a trip to the Super Bowl? I know what you're thinking....at least Favre was trying to make a play last year when he threw the pick, all Anderson had to do was kick the ball through the uprights. Unbelievable choke job.

MattBer2c
07-19-2010, 07:44 PM
Earlier in the thread, I picked Sapp because of his hit on Clifton. So yes, I think it was cheap.

Pattrick
07-19-2010, 07:53 PM
As much as you need to respect his game... Ray Lewis and his asinine pre-game dance routine make me want to throw up!

I second this!!!!! I CANNOT STAND THE WAY HE ACTS PRE-GAME!!!! You have no idea how many times I've wanted to start a thread titled "most over-rated player in the game right now" and put Ray Lewis right on the top. Players don't even really respect him all that much anymore either. I've read a bunch of articles over at the 4 letter networks blogs regarding how much players don't care for his actions pre-game or the fact that he asks everybody to call him "the godfather" when they become a Raven.

Plus there's that whole criminal case that people have conveniently forgotten.

SpartaChris
07-19-2010, 08:11 PM
I don't really have one player in the NFL that I've ever really hated or wanted to see fail, but one thing that does bother me when guys like Albert Haynesworth go out and b*tch about the system they're playing in because it doesn't suit their needs. Sir you want to stand out and make the defense revolve around you at THE DEFENSIVE TACKLE POSITION??? Please. If you wanted to be a star you should've been a QB, WR, or even DB. When you're a 1-technique who had one great year and then got overpaid because of it, you need to accept your role.

I agree with Haynesworth, but for different reasons. He agreed to play defense and signed a contract. Now he's welching on it. In a time when folks are losing their jobs or struggling, that a-hole is whimpering and whining. It's the same thing that drives me nuts about draft pick hold outs. You're a friggin rookie who's never taken a snap in the NFL and you think you deserve how much?

FessJL0861
07-19-2010, 08:16 PM
I agree with Haynesworth, but for different reasons. He agreed to play defense and signed a contract. Now he's welching on it. In a time when folks are losing their jobs or struggling, that a-hole is whimpering and whining. It's the same thing that drives me nuts about draft pick hold outs. You're a friggin rookie who's never taken a snap in the NFL and you think you deserve how much?

I find it interesting that it seems like Peyton and Brady are waiting to see what Bradford gets before they sign. Maybe not Brady, but Peyton for sure.

SpartaChris
07-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Yeah, that cracks me up. Bradford, a guy who's never taken a snap in the NFL and who injured his shoulder, putting him out for the season, stands to rake in the dough. Meanwhile, Brady and Manning, both Superbowl Winning, MVP QB's *have* to wait to see what his deal is so they don't get short changed.

There needs to be a rookie salary cap ASAP.

Amy
07-19-2010, 09:21 PM
Well, as a girl the answer for me is very easy:

Ben.

Enough said I think.

TheLinc
07-19-2010, 10:51 PM
Well, as a girl the answer for me is very easy:

Ben.

Enough said I think.

More than Cromartie? Guy has something like seven kids with five mothers.

Scumbag debate!!!

Cris Collinsworth
07-19-2010, 11:27 PM
Both out of the Hall of Fame.

supersaint
07-19-2010, 11:38 PM
Tony Romo- His personality rubs off the wrong way on me. Also, he's the Cowboys quaterback! :D

Turk Schonert
07-19-2010, 11:45 PM
When I played, it was Mark Gastineau of the Jets.

Colts01
07-19-2010, 11:50 PM
When I played, it was Mark Gastineau of the Jets.

was it the sack dance or just his personality?

TheLinc
07-19-2010, 11:58 PM
Tony Romo- His personality rubs off the wrong way on me. Also, he's the Cowboys quaterback! :D

I go the other way and take the low road - I think he seems like a pretty good guy, which makes me hate him that much more. Every time he donates to a charity or helps a motorist change a tire on the side of the road, I kick a puppy.

Kosar19
07-20-2010, 12:01 AM

I think Lynch with the Bills is 9 with 9. I mean, Ted Williams thinks that guy has an unbelievable average.

Turk Schonert
07-20-2010, 12:13 AM
was it the sack dance or just his personality?

Everything !!!

SpartaChris
07-20-2010, 12:32 AM

Scumbag debate!!!

Cromartie's main problem is he doesn't know how to keep it in his pants or keep it wrapped. He's also a deadbeat, so no arguments about his being a scumbag.

But, to his credit, he's never been accused of sexual assault. That's where Ben edges him out.

SpartaChris
07-20-2010, 12:35 AM
I go the other way and take the low road - I think he seems like a pretty good guy, which makes me hate him that much more. Every time he donates to a charity or helps a motorist change a tire on the side of the road, I kick a puppy.

LOL!!

I *hate* the Cowboys, but I will admit Tony is a good guy. Just plays for the wrong team.

DannyMilk
07-20-2010, 12:44 AM
Romo's a really good guy

TheLinc
07-20-2010, 12:53 AM
But, to his credit, he's never been accused of sexual assault.

It's all about the small victories.

ScottDCP
07-20-2010, 06:51 AM
I think Lynch with the Bills is 9 with 9. I mean, Ted Williams thinks that guy has an unbelievable average.

That was Travis Henry.

Pattrick
07-20-2010, 08:19 AM
Travis Henry, THERE'S a guy who WASTED his potential. That guy had all the tools in the world to be a great RB but just threw it all away.

and yes, pun intended. Tool.

PrestigeWorldwide
07-20-2010, 06:42 PM
"Twinkle Toes" Maroney. Will he ever just run forward consistently? It'd be nice for the Pats to get something out of their running game for once.

Ninernightmare
07-20-2010, 06:52 PM
Jamie Foxx. I count him because of Any Given Sunday. I just cant stand the guy!

Chad Johnson, everytime he speaks I want to smash cinderblocks into my face to get his retarded words out of my head.

Bunghole
07-20-2010, 07:56 PM
I'll vote Hines Ward. The guy is a cheap shot artist and a whiny baby when things don't go his way. With RaplessBathroomBurger likely sidelined for at least 4 games, it'll be interesting to see how well Ward produces. He's also getting old, which is a good thing. I can't stand that guy and his cherubic grin after he pastes someone away from the play like he's some kind of awesome dude.

DM138385
07-20-2010, 08:52 PM
Favre, for his will he or won't he game the last 3-4 years.

TheLinc
07-20-2010, 09:37 PM
I'll vote Hines Ward. The guy is a cheap shot artist and a whiny baby when things don't go his way. With RaplessBathroomBurger likely sidelined for at least 4 games, it'll be interesting to see how well Ward produces. He's also getting old, which is a good thing. I can't stand that guy and his cherubic grin after he pastes someone away from the play like he's some kind of awesome dude.

That sounds like a deluxe menu item available for a limited time in Cincy, Baltimore and Cleveland. And it sounds...delicious.

GiantsFaninToronto
07-21-2010, 12:17 AM
Currently: CC Brown. His ranting about how the Giants and media treated him (after playing like poop for most of the time he was out there) was anything but truth.

All-Time: It's gotta be a real scumbag. Rae Carruth, maybe?

SpartaChris
07-21-2010, 01:30 AM
It's all about the small victories.

Yeah. Gotta win in the margins. =)

Resdog154
07-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Even before his off-field "transgressions" I could not stomach Roethlisberger; all of the idiocy was just fuel to the fire. He would not have had a career during the "in the grasp" era holds on the ball waaaay to long. His size is really his only asset. The only Big Ben I acknowledge is keeping time in London.

Bunghole
07-21-2010, 09:23 AM
The only Big Ben I acknowledge is keeping time in London.

LOL, good one. Then there's also Albert Haynesworth, D-bag extraordinaire.

giantsfan97
07-21-2010, 12:40 PM
Currently: CC Brown. His ranting about how the Giants and media treated him (after playing like poop for most of the time he was out there) was anything but truth.

He only played like poop most of the time he was out there? I can't remember a single good play he made!

GiantsFaninToronto
07-21-2010, 05:31 PM
Well, I was feeling somewhat generous at the time I posted that. ;)

Gandalf2300
07-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Ouch!

It has to be Ben Roethlisberger at this point. Poster boy for the overprivledged, spoiled athlete. He isn't disrespectful to just women, this guiy is disrespectful to everyone.
Reminded me of an old quote. " You can easily judge the character of a person by how they treat someone who can do neither anything to them or for them."

There is no reason for anyone to like Ben Roethlisberger right now (except maybe his own mother and father). He has been exposed as a fraud and abuser of women-we don't know if he 'raped' anyone but certainly has shown that he does not have respect for anyone. There were other stories of stiffing bar tabs, treating waitresses like a jerk, treating fans badly, etc. After five minutes of deliberation, I can't think of any player more deserving of the least liked player.

Ben is tied with Michael Vick at this point. While Ben and Vick could still prove through later behavior to have changed their ways, they have yet to do so yet. Part of me hopes for the best (because I am a naive optimist sometimes) but part of me says to not hold my breath.