PDA

View Full Version : Durability Concerns for Contenders

KabaModernFan
07-15-2010, 11:20 PM
An injury to a key player on a contending team at the worst possible time seems to happen every year in the NFL, almost an annual tradition. In here, we try to predict who it well befall upon this year, and which team should be concerned about a key player's health. An injury might not completely derail a team's aspirations, but it could very well set them back in their run to Dallas (Arlington, if you want to be nitpicky) and Super Bowl XLV. The players I've listed in the poll have all had a history of injury problems, and it's a safe assumption that nobody would be surprised to see news that they'll be missing a game or two scrolling across ESPN's ticker.

Also, for some of the options I've listed two players on the same team. The reason for this is because they both have a history of injuries and are equally important to their team's success.

MattBer2c
07-15-2010, 11:47 PM
I voted for Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson. I gotta like my odds when I get two players instead of just one, haha.

I would vote for McNabb is he was an option. I really hope it doesn't happen though. Injuries are always a shame.

TheLinc
07-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Boldin. He's not ready for that division or the weather. Plus prior tweaks.

Resdog154
07-16-2010, 12:36 AM
The better poll question for that list of players would have been who will most likely NOT be injured in the upcoming season.

TheLinc
07-16-2010, 01:50 AM
Aha! It was a trick question - the poll asked who is most likely to GET injured. Sanders hasn't been healthy since middle school. All of you lose!

Polishguy00
07-16-2010, 06:50 AM
Sanders was held out of mini-camp in middle school with a calf injury. So, he wasn't technically healthy the whole time.

Wordsworth
07-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Bob Sanders has to actually play this year to be considered for my vote. I don't even know if he will make the field.

Kosar19
07-16-2010, 03:05 PM
I echo the Sanders sentiment. He's so key to that defense but cannot stay on the field.

DannyMilk
07-16-2010, 03:07 PM
I voted for Palmer and here's why...he didn't look the same last year. He still looks tentative, and I think the way you get hurt is to be tentative...it happens all too often.

Colts01
07-25-2010, 02:20 AM
Bob Sanders if he is even healthy enough to play

TheLinc
07-25-2010, 04:25 AM
I was going to come back and reply something snarky about contenders list on here, but I'll just post my concerns for the knee of Stewart Bradley ;)

Bengals1181
07-25-2010, 10:03 AM
on that list, Carson Palmer's the most important to their team.

The one most likely to be injured? Anquan Boldin. If you have trouble staying healthy in a high flying offense in Arizona, you'll have trouble staying healthy going over the middle against 2 top 5 defenses twice a year in arguably the most physical division.

Chompurself
07-25-2010, 10:24 AM
Bob Sanders breaks our hearts every year...he's got all the talent in the world but cant quite make it to the field to put it on display

BayouBoys
07-26-2010, 04:51 AM
Well I voted for Bob Sanders just because I can't see him playing much. But now that I think about it, Carson Palmer should be up there. If he gets hurt it's pretty much over for the bengals. Then again, we saw what happened when the Giants lost their safeties last year...yuck!

giantsfan97
07-26-2010, 11:02 AM
Then again, we saw what happened when the Giants lost their safeties last year...yuck! Technically we only lost one safety, but we replaced him with CC Brown which was tantamount to replacing him with a large pile of %*&^*

BayouBoys
07-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Technically we only lost one safety, but we replaced him with CC Brown which was tantamount to replacing him with a large pile of %*&^*

Exaaaaaaaaaactly!