PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Jolly Suspended Indefinitely?

GBPKS
07-16-2010, 04:55 PM
Kareem Copeland of the Green Bay Press-Gazette is reporting on his Twitter feed that Johnny Jolly has been suspended indefinitely and can apply for reinstatement after Super Bowl XLV.

Needless to say, this is a big blow to the Packers' defense. Hope Mike Neal is ready for prime time and Justin Harrell can stay healthy.

DannyMilk
07-16-2010, 05:00 PM
Ouch...at least they know while there's still time to replace his role though for you guys

GBPKS
07-16-2010, 05:02 PM
Well, Jolly was effectively removed from the starting lineup (the starting line will be Pickett/Raji/Jenkins) but Jolly was going to be a big part of that rotation and now there's nothing but question marks there and depth is paper thin.

FessJL0861
07-16-2010, 05:45 PM
WHAT!! What a douchebag. I could scream at him. Yeah it happened at a good time, and yeah he isn't a starter, but CRAP. What a douchebag..

PackFanCletus
07-16-2010, 05:52 PM
I think he only got benched because the pack knew he was getting suspended...I bet Raji or Pickett would be rotated in if jolly was able to play. That's too bad he's a dumbass off the field, cuz he's an underrated, good starter on the D-line.

PackFanCletus
07-16-2010, 05:55 PM
Goodbye proven D-line depth...damn. I was afraid the D-line was gonna take a step back this year.

FessJL0861
07-16-2010, 06:07 PM
I think it really did. I think TT should just sign someone, because with him out, the depth takes a considerable hit.

hassan812
07-16-2010, 10:13 PM
PURPLE DRANK, what an idiot

FessJL0861
07-17-2010, 12:49 AM
That doggone szurp will get you 20...years that is...

DannyMilk
07-17-2010, 01:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2lBpLGDG-4

bluestree
07-17-2010, 11:28 AM
I wouldn't panic. Losing Jolly is something the Packers expected. Apparently this has nothing to do with his court case, but a positive drug test that was related to his arrest. In other words, this idiot couldn't stay clean even though he was awaiting trial. It explains the Pickett move, which I think we all figured out. Also with the way Ted drafted, he wasn't expecting to have Jolly. I'd say his career is probably over, definitely in Green Bay. Our depth is still good, as long as the rookies can contribute, along with Wynn and Harrell.

Judging from the understanding and conciliatory nature of Ted Thompson's statement, it sounds like Jolly has an addiction problem. Codeine is a very addictive drug, which isn't really coming up in the discussions of the Purple Drank. It is akin to heroin addiction for some users.

SpartaChris
07-17-2010, 12:46 PM
I think the suspension is the right call, and that it's not a huge loss. We drafted Mike Neal and CJ Wilson for exactly this reason. Raji is the starting nose and Pickett moved to end opposite Jenkins. I think we'll be more than fine.

FessJL0861
07-17-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm not panicking but he would have been great to have in the rotation. Well, good riddance I guess. I shouldn't say good riddance, but goodbye with no tears.

SpartaChris
07-17-2010, 12:56 PM
I agree. He played big last season, though he did do somethings that cost us greatly. The head butt costing us 15 yards against the Vikings comes to mind. But a turd is a turd, and I'll be glad to flush him. No more distraction there.

Here's what gets me- Repeat offender Bryant McKinnie takes a pipe to a guys head and resists arrest, but only gets 4 games?

FessJL0861
07-17-2010, 01:14 PM
And that is they key word. DISTRACTION. How you can be one in Green Bay, Wisconsin is beyond me, but whatever. A minor loss, but depth is depth. Oh well, I'm past it thanks to you guys. Just know that this thread is on speed-dial when the season starts.

bluestree
07-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Jolly's problems were always in Houston, his hometown. The Packers tried to get Jolly to stay in Green Bay, they feared what would happen in Houston because of the ghetto crowd Jolly ran with in college. Don't forget, he already served a four game suspension for subtance abuse, so the one year suspension was automatic. What a waste, some folks thought Jolly had pro bowl potential coming out of college, but he was always a risky proposition. There were drug issues in his past, both using and selling. The DA in Houston has a jailhouse snitch who's painted Jolly as a drug kingpin in the area. They fully intend on sending him to prison for a long, long time.

FessJL0861
07-17-2010, 01:39 PM
He might get a year max. That is based on nothing but my opinion thought. I keep forgetting he got popped in Houston, not GB. Was it him or Underwood that got in some trouble in GB?

bluestree
07-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Underwood got in trouble down in the Dells after a golf outing.

FessJL0861
07-17-2010, 01:50 PM
How is it that more football players get in trouble at/during/after golf outings????? If I got in that much trouble while playing golf, I wouldn't get to play as much, or I would be divorced.

bluestree
07-17-2010, 02:42 PM
How is it that more football players get in trouble at/during/after golf outings????? If I got in that much trouble while playing golf, I wouldn't get to play as much, or I would be divorced.
Out with the boys. Wifey's at home. Nineteenth hole.

FessJL0861
07-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Actually there is a bar by a golf course back home called the 19th green. Or as I will call it from now on, Underwoods...