PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Team Moment Of The 2000s

DannyMilk
07-17-2010, 04:44 AM
What was your favorite team's shining moment in your eyes of the last decade? For the Bears, to me, it has to be Hester running back the opening kickoff at Super Bowl XLI. I remember where I was, what was being said in the basement of my friend's house, the excitement and the overwhelming feeling. For people my age (26) who didn't necessarily get to celebrate SB XX, THAT was our moment. I'm really curious to hear about what some organizations fans are going to say i.e. NE, PIT, BAL, etc...a lot of cool moments I'm sure!

buzmeg
07-17-2010, 09:27 AM
For me, a transplanted New Yorker, and lifetime NY Giants fan, it was the Tyree catch against Rodney and The Pats.

As we all know that paved the way to the Super Bowl XLII victory.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/eb/Super_Bowl_XLII.svg/200px-Super_Bowl_XLII.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Super_Bowl_XLII.svg)

Kosar19
07-17-2010, 09:34 AM
In 2001 the Browns finally beat the Ravens for the first time and then less then a month later The Brownies beat that evil team in terrible purple again for a sweep on the season. It was sweet. The most depressing was when they were whipping the Steelers in the playoffs and then pissed it away and lost. The only playoffs they've made since they returned and they could have beat trhe Steelers. All of my best sports memories are crushing defeats.

TheLinc
07-17-2010, 09:42 AM
Tie between 4th and 26 vs. the McNabb scramble against Dallas where he flung it 60 yards downfield after coming back across the backfield. Both were such euphoria when I kept waiting for the crotchkick like any good Eagles fan does.

I hate to admit it, but TO's first touchdown is up there too, back of the endzone against the Giants. the whole team was CLICKING that game, I was extremely excited for the season.

DannyMilk
07-17-2010, 10:13 AM
I remember watching that scramble live...always feels like less time...we usually exaggerate, but that play was really really long haha

giantsfan97
07-17-2010, 10:23 AM
Everything about Super Bowl 42 obviously... but just to rub it in I'll choose my favorite Patriots moment:

"We're only going to score 17 points? haha OK" -Tom Brady

Resdog154
07-17-2010, 10:28 AM
The Chargers win over the Colts in 2007 has to be the most memorable game for me. Billy Volek subbing for an inured Philip Rivers sneaking into the end zone with a little over 5 minutes left and watching the D hold off Manning on two late game drives.

IndyColtsFan
07-17-2010, 11:22 AM
The Chargers win over the Colts in 2007 has to be the most memorable game for me. Billy Volek subbing for an inured Philip Rivers sneaking into the end zone with a little over 5 minutes left and watching the D hold off Manning on two late game drives.

How dare you bring up that game? Haha Im just kidding

My favorite moment was knocking off the Patriots in 2006 and eventually beating the Bears in the Super Bowl
Also Peyton's 49 TD year was another good moment although it ended without playoff success

Resdog154
07-17-2010, 12:45 PM
That game was such a battle, the Chargers were a MASH unit heading into the Pats game the next week (No L.T., Rivers on a bad knee, and Gates with adislocated toe). I guess we can both take solace in the fact that the Giants ruined New England's undefeated season.

Polishguy00
07-17-2010, 04:08 PM
What was your favorite team's shining moment in your eyes of the last decade? For the Bears, to me, it has to be Hester running back the opening kickoff at Super Bowl XLI. I remember where I was, what was being said in the basement of my friend's house, the excitement and the overwhelming feeling. For people my age (26) who didn't necessarily get to celebrate SB XX, THAT was our moment. I'm really curious to hear about what some organizations fans are going to say i.e. NE, PIT, BAL, etc...a lot of cool moments I'm sure!

Geez, maybe I'll just have you speak for me for now on. Yeah, Hester's return was so incredible for me. With my dad, there, him running toward us. Just great. The rest of the game never happened.

ReaderM
07-17-2010, 04:56 PM
In 2002, I had just transferred to a new High School and didn't know anyone there. I started talking football one day after class during Week 2 and found out my teacher was a Browns fan and the guy who sat right next to me was a Jets Fan. As a Tampa Bay Buccaneers Fan, I remember hanging out after class every Monday and Friday talking trash with my fellow student and teacher. That was the year the Browns just missed the playoffs and the Jets lost in the Division championship and just all of us going over the season highs and lows every week was something that really helped me get adjusted to my new surroundings. After all that trash talking and bonding I had done that season, watching the Bucs win the SuperBowl was just the icing on the cake.. that's one of main reasons why that Superbowl will always very special to me.

Tinindian
07-18-2010, 01:03 AM
For me, a transplanted New Yorker, and lifetime NY Giants fan, it was the Tyree catch against Rodney and The Pats.

And yes that made all Dolphin fans at least closet Giants fans too. And yes I love the Tom Brady "Were only going to score 17 points" quote too. The smug jerk!

But if I can narrow it down to just the 2007 season for the Fins, you could say the Camarilio catch to finally win one was it. But I'd have to go off the board and say when Parcells got here and Fired Cam Camoron! That was the best play all year!

Pruitt
07-18-2010, 07:51 PM
The most depressing was when they were whipping the Steelers in the playoffs and then pissed it away and lost. The only playoffs they've made since they returned and they could have beat trhe Steelers. All of my best sports memories are crushing defeats.

Sad but true. As I recall, the Browns were up by two TDs in the 4th quarter and I was still convinced thet they were going to lose. The first half of that game would be my Browns highlight for the decade.

And Colts fans ***** about starters being rested when the team is 14-0. Give me a break.

Colts01
07-18-2010, 07:53 PM

As we all know that paved the way to the Super Bowl XLII victory.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/eb/Super_Bowl_XLII.svg/200px-Super_Bowl_XLII.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Super_Bowl_XLII.svg)
Watching lil brother on that drive was just as good as watching the colts win it for me,despite Joe Bucks call of the game!

OverTheTop
07-18-2010, 09:06 PM
Favorite team moment was when the Patriots were introduced out onto the field as a team before the start of the Superbowl against the Rams. That moment represented a lot of things to people, following the 9/11 tragedy just 6 or 7 months prior to the game. One of the best times I can recall a football moment making me proud to be an American.