GoBigOrGoHome
05-02-2011, 12:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2Vh5VjZxC0

GoBigOrGoHome
05-02-2011, 12:10 PM
Make Mother Earth a better place. Wipe this jagoff off her face. :woot:

Polishguy00
05-02-2011, 01:03 PM
I love anything with a "Bloodsport" reference. Chong Li! Chong Li! I love when he gets the crazy eyes.

Pruitt
05-02-2011, 01:03 PM
When I took the dog out this morning, I picked up the paper and was greeted by the news of bin-laden's death. Talk about a nice surprise.

Kind of fitting that I went from looking at bin-laden's face to scooping up a load of steaming dog turd. Here's betting that osama isn't cavorting with any of his 71 virgins at the moemnt.

bluestree
05-02-2011, 05:22 PM
The 71 virgins thing is a wilfull mistranslation of the Koran, aimed at encouraging suicide bombers. Imagine their surprise when they find out the correct translation is "Seventy one testicle tearing American Eagles." (Boom, roasted twice).

"For yea, I say unto you, the Seals shall feed the carcass of the fetid fish to the sharks, but he shall be spit out as unwholesome, and he shall sink to the bottom as whale dung. And the prophet Jonah will apologize to the whales, as to not disrespect to their dung."

mkocs6
05-02-2011, 07:06 PM
The 71 virgins thing is a wilfull mistranslation of the Koran, aimed at encouraging suicide bombers. Imagine their surprise when they find out the correct translation is "Seventy one testicle tearing American Eagles." (Boom, roasted twice).

I'm quite certain I'm not the first to have thought or said this, but I really don't understand the obsession with virgins. Yeah, yeah, purity, and all that. Whatever. I hope you enjoy all that really awkward sex you won't be having.

All joking aside, I'm far from an expert on that part of the world. I study Europe, and even there, my interests are more modern, only stretching back to the seventeenth century or so. The decision to take Osama is unsurprising, the need to battle over and capture his body probably not as well. Something about it struck me as very ancient, likening it (for example) to the battle over the body of King Leonidas at Thermopylae (of 300 fame, presently, for a very mainstream example), but there are dozens of others. I mean, the body retains a lot of significance for us--Army Rangers never leave a man behind, and all that--but most of the time it's about protecting what is ours, rather than claiming the body of an enemy as a means to power. It suggests something rather biological than cultural. There were practical reasons, too, of course, but this is a highly symbolic operation, and the choice to make off with the body is of greater significance than just that, or even to prevent a place of burial from becoming a site of pilgrimage.

"For yea, I say unto you, the Seals shall feed the carcass of the fetid fish to the sharks, but he shall be spit out as unwholesome, and he shall sink to the bottom as whale dung. And the prophet Jonah will apologize to the whales, as to not disrespect to their dung."

Uh...what?

bluestree
05-02-2011, 07:29 PM
I hope you enjoy all that really awkward sex you won't be having.

Wait, me or Bin Laden?

mkocs6
05-02-2011, 07:35 PM

Wait, me or Bin Laden?

Sorry for the confusion. Not you.