PDA

View Full Version : Stafford or Sanchez

BMW
07-21-2010, 11:55 PM
Who will have a better season, Matthew Stafford or Mark Sanchez? I see a lot of people are putting the Jets in the superbowl, but who will be better out of their QBs? Both second year guys, both making millions, but outside of that I think they are totally different quarterbacks in totally different situations.

Stafford has a huge arm. He makes throws that most can't make. He seems like a prime candidate to lead the Lions in the directions they want to go. However, the accuracy I feel might not be there all the time; making him a clone of Jay Culter. What seperates him from Cutler though is the attitude. Stafford doesn't wine, he seems to have leader written all over him. Stafford also plays for Detroit. How will that effect him as a player? Will he turn the city around? Will he lead this team to a playoff and maybe even a superbowl someday? (If not the debate is a no contest between him and Sanchez)

Sanchez, to me, is a poor mans Ben Roethlisberger. But really I have no knowledge of his skills. The little I have seen of him I don't see or feel anything elite. I feel its more he's average on an excellent defensive team.

Once again though I know much more about Stafford than Sanchez. What do you guys think?

Colts01
07-21-2010, 11:59 PM
If healthy Stafford is the better qb,however its a team game

BMW
07-22-2010, 12:11 AM

Very true. Lets hope lions as a team start to turn it around. I can't stand Rex Ryan

DannyMilk
07-22-2010, 12:17 AM
I'm going Sanchez, but Stafford needs to help his team win, Sanchez has to manage the game ala Rex 'Unleash the Dragon' Grossman in my eyes.

KabaModernFan
07-22-2010, 12:22 AM
I think Sanchez will have the better season, but I think Stafford is the better QB by far. Sanchez's stats were heavily boosted by playing with a great running game and a great offensive line, not to even mention the defense. It's easy to find your receivers downfield when the big uglies are doing a superb job of keeping your jersey clean. Stafford I think has more tools and a higher ceiling. I was re-watching the Lions/Browns game on NFL Network recently and came away more impressed with Stafford than I did with Sanchez after watching any Jets game last season. I'm just really unsure about Sanchez's future after someone pointed out to me that he threw more INTs and completed a lower percentage of his passes than JaMarcus Russell did in his first full season.

msclemons
07-22-2010, 12:23 AM
I was really impressed by what I saw of Stafford last year. In contrast I thought Sanchez was carried and coddled by his team.

If Stafford gets some protection I think he'll be something special. Unfortunately his O-line consists of 4 stiffs and my dead grandmother. I was really surprised the Lions weren't more aggressive in upgrading the O-Line this offseason.

Sanchez is going to suffer a drop-off I believe. Faneca gone, Thomas Jones gone, Mangold unhappy with contract, honeymoon with NY press over... gonna be tough for the kid this year I think.

TheLinc
07-22-2010, 01:18 AM
Sanchez is going to suffer a drop-off I believe. Faneca gone, Thomas Jones gone, Mangold unhappy with contract, honeymoon with NY press over... gonna be tough for the kid this year I think.

Agree, but he's in a situation like Grossman a few years back - doesn't need to be spectacular, just can't mess things up. Minimal turnovers, let the talent and defense carry the rest. He's got the skill players around him to be just fine.

That said I'll take Stafford. That team is going to be playing from behind a lot so he'll get his chances, and all the attributes of a great QB have already been pointed out here. He's got great weapons around him if they stay healthy, and 10 of their games will be indoors, including 5 of the last 7, the other two being at Miami and Tampa. Weather won't be a factor for him, and I cannot wait to watch a healthy Best in the open field on stadium turf. Sanchez gets to look forward to another winter in the Meadowlands.

DannyMilk
07-22-2010, 01:24 AM
Agree, but he's in a situation like Grossman a few years back - doesn't need to be spectacular, just can't mess things up. Minimal turnovers, let the talent and defense carry the rest. He's got the skill players around him to be just fine.

That said I'll take Stafford. That team is going to be playing from behind a lot so he'll get his chances, and all the attributes of a great QB have already been pointed out here. He's got great weapons around him if they stay healthy, and 10 of their games will be indoors, including 5 of the last 7, the other two being at Miami and Tampa. Weather won't be a factor for him, and I cannot wait to watch a healthy Best in the open field on stadium turf. Sanchez gets to look forward to another winter in the Meadowlands.

haha damn, wuts up post jacker!!! (completely joking) Yeah, the divisional defenses for both men are a tremendous task to overcome...Bears Packers Vikings, Bills, Pats, Dolphins...tough task!

Polishguy00
07-22-2010, 07:20 AM
I agree with the idea that Stafford is the better quarterback, but that won't much in the final stats this year. AS far as the idea that there is a drop off for the Jets, I disagree for two reasons:

1) He has big-time receivers, sure, one drops a lot of balls, but he has guys who can get open and even has a threat a #3 and TE. He gets a full year out of Leon Washington, hopefully, as a threat out of the backfield. He has so many weapons.

2) Don't worry about Mangold. A close family member of mine knows that family. I do not think it is in the Mangold's family blood not to always work.

Tinindian
07-22-2010, 07:45 AM
The question is this year, and this year it will be Sanchez. Sanchez is on a far more complete team than Stafford. The running game will keep his options open downfield, the Jets D is way better and will keep the pressure to score all the time off and his receivers are above average. But most importantlyhis offensive line will keep his jersey cleaner than Staffords.

At this point I think I like Stafford better for the long haul but the Lions have to get him help so he can improve. They need to do it quickly before he gets seriously injured and loses some of his physical skills.

ReaderM
07-22-2010, 09:43 AM
As a Bucs Fan, I have to honestly ask why do you think Josh Freeman is never brought up in converstations between Stafford and Sanchez. They all threw for very similar stats last year. Is it because Freeman didn't start the year like Stafford or Sanchez did or some other reason.

Mike
07-22-2010, 11:03 AM
As a Bucs Fan, I have to honestly ask why do you think Josh Freeman is never brought up in converstations between Stafford and Sanchez. They all threw for very similar stats last year. Is it because Freeman didn't start the year like Stafford or Sanchez did or some other reason.

It has nothing to do with starting the season. Stafford gets attention because he was the overall number one pick, so people will always follow his career closely. Sanchez gets attention because he went from SC to NY, and then his team went to the AFC championship game. Freeman on the other hand was a mid first round pick, did not go to a big time college program, and has not been on a winning pro team yet. Basically he is just not on anyone's radar outside of the Tampa fan base. It is not a rip, it is just the way things work in national sports.

As for Stafford vs. Sanchez, I'll take Stafford. Sanchez had a bad year last year and I think it could get worse this year.

thephaze
07-22-2010, 12:12 PM

I agree.

The Jets have better O-line, better Defense, and more talent on both sides of the ball.

The Lions have an interesting young team, but not many playmakers on D.

I like the Lions this year to finish around .500, but the Jets should have the talent to make the playoffs.

Overall, I think the Stafford is the better QB, but Sanchez in in the right situation and the team will help him.

GoBigOrGoHome
07-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Sanchez gets to work with a top flight O-line and a proven running game. Stafford has a porous line and unproven and/or injury-prone running backs.

Stafford will have a better year than last year. I think Sanchez is in for a sophomore slump and will crumble under the weight of those high expectations. Good luck to Jets fans.

DannyMilk
07-22-2010, 01:27 PM
It has nothing to do with starting the season. Stafford gets attention because he was the overall number one pick, so people will always follow his career closely. Sanchez gets attention because he went from SC to NY, and then his team went to the AFC championship game. Freeman on the other hand was a mid first round pick, did not go to a big time college program, and has not been on a winning pro team yet. Basically he is just not on anyone's radar outside of the Tampa fan base. It is not a rip, it is just the way things work in national sports.

As for Stafford vs. Sanchez, I'll take Stafford. Sanchez had a bad year last year and I think it could get worse this year.

agree with all of it, except for the last part. But also as far as Freeman goes, the upside isn't as great as Stafford or Sanchez in my opinion

GoBigOrGoHome
07-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Watching Stafford sack up and tell the trainers to bugger off so he and his dislocated shouder could go back in to beat Cleveland makes me lean toward Matty-boy this year.

MattBer2c
07-22-2010, 01:32 PM
“Rex is our quarterback. There’s a difference between perception and reality. Reality is we’re 10-2 right now and we just won the division with Rex at quarterback. So that’s what I go on. We’re not changing. We’re 10-2 with Rex as our quarterback.”

As a Bucs Fan, I have to honestly ask why do you think Josh Freeman is never brought up in converstations between Stafford and Sanchez. They all threw for very similar stats last year. Is it because Freeman didn't start the year like Stafford or Sanchez did or some other reason.I noticed Freeman. I found it very strange that so many people had him as their #32 starting QB in that QB ranking thread. Of the three I am most impressed with Stafford, but I bet that Freeman has the best statistical season.

KevinG
07-22-2010, 03:52 PM
I'd have to take Stafford over Sanchez but not by much. They had very similar stats last season, but the Jets OL was much stronger than the Jets as was the Jets rushing game. Stafford seemed to do as well with less to work with around him. That said, I think both will have solid careers providing they can both stay away from the injury bug.

bluestree
07-22-2010, 05:00 PM
Sanchez gets to work with a top flight O-line and a proven running game. Stafford has a porous line and unproven and/or injury-prone running backs.

Stafford will have a better year than last year. I think Sanchez is in for a sophomore slump and will crumble under the weight of those high expectations. Good luck to Jets fans.

That's my take as well. Thanks for leaving me little to say, except this; a lot has been made about the Jets free agent acquisitions, but as I look at who they got, I see two guys that are huge names and greatly diminished skills, and two guys that their former teams were more than happy to be rid of, regardless of what they'd done in the past. That says a lot. It says, "We gotta sell some season tickets, PSL's and parking fees be damned!"

jship2121
07-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Everyone forgets that Sanchez had 1 season as a starter at USC before coming in and starting for the Jets under the NY media spotlight. He didn't have a good season last year, but for him to have the poise as a rookie to hang in their and improve enough to help his team get to the AFC championship game I think says alot. Having a big arm isn't the most important quality of a quarterback, and I think confidence, leadership and poise are underrated and Sanchez has all of them.

TheLinc
07-22-2010, 10:12 PM
As a Bucs Fan, I have to honestly ask why do you think Josh Freeman is never brought up in converstations between Stafford and Sanchez. They all threw for very similar stats last year. Is it because Freeman didn't start the year like Stafford or Sanchez?

Yup, pretty much the reason. Difference between batting .500 and going 200-400 vs. 2-4 ;)

ReaderM
07-22-2010, 11:54 PM
I think Sanchez is in for a sophomore slump and will crumble under the weight of those high expectations. Good luck to Jets fans.

While I think Stafford will be the better pro overall, I will disagree with Sanchez crumbling under the weight of the high exceptions. Forgetting how he actually survived the expectations at USC.. the guy was a 1 year college starter, sent to the Biggest Media Market in the US, was starting from Day 1 and still was able to have a decent rookie year. I don't know if it can get any more pressure situation then that.

I see Sanchez career unfolding similar to Big Ben's. Decent QB that does kill his team but wins on the basis of his D for the first couple of year and then after a while starts to really blossom into a top flight QB.

Tinindian
07-23-2010, 12:13 AM
That's my take as well. Thanks for leaving me little to say, except this; a lot has been made about the Jets free agent acquisitions, but as I look at who they got, I see two guys that are huge names and greatly diminished skills, and two guys that their former teams were more than happy to be rid of, regardless of what they'd done in the past. That says a lot. It says, "We gotta sell some season tickets, PSL's and parking fees be damned!"

Thats what I've been thinking. I am not impressed with Cromartie, at least not anymore, LT, well Ricky had a great year last year but he hasn't been run to death over the last few years. Holmes is like Marshall for the fins, anymore trouble and it's a long suspension. I agree with you're analysis, all about those PSL's.

KabaModernFan
07-23-2010, 12:56 AM
While I think Stafford will be the better pro overall, I will disagree with Sanchez crumbling under the weight of the high exceptions. Forgetting how he actually survived the expectations at USC.. the guy was a 1 year college starter, sent to the Biggest Media Market in the US, was starting from Day 1 and still was able to have a decent rookie year. I don't know if it can get any more pressure situation then that.

I see Sanchez career unfolding similar to Big Ben's. Decent QB that does kill his team but wins on the basis of his D for the first couple of year and then after a while starts to really blossom into a top flight QB.

Can you really call it a decent season when he threw for he threw for 20 INTs (2nd most in the league, and a -8 TD/INT ratio) and only completed 53.8% of his passes? Again, WORSE numbers than JaMarcus Russell in his first full season!! I'm not saying Sanchez will have anywhere near that kind of disaster of a career, but it's still an ominous sign isn't it?

imiweli
07-24-2010, 03:00 AM
Stafford is definately the better player
But Sanchez has the best team around him (great running game, good wideouts, best o-line)

stranman
07-24-2010, 07:09 AM
Stafford. I'm not sure Sanchez can handle adversity.

Pattrick
07-24-2010, 08:08 AM
Sanchez. Anybody that can basically spit in Pete Carroll's face (when he was almost god-like at the time), gets my vote. I still hope Stafford has a great career though. Lions fans deserve a good QB after all this time.

Turk Schonert
07-24-2010, 10:16 AM
With the Jets being the better team, let's ask ourselves... Would the Jets be a better team with Stafford or Sanchez as their QB ?
I believe the Jets would be a more explosive offense with Stafford"s talent. He has a stronger arm that can cut through the tricky winds
at the Meadowlands. Having coached in Buffalo, I know about strong winds, and having an advantage in the passing game is a big plus.
I,ve seen QB's utterly psyched out by the winds in Buffalo in warm ups and they go on to play horribly. Also, having a QB like Stafford gives the OC more options with his play calling.

DannyMilk
07-24-2010, 12:04 PM
With the Jets being the better team, let's ask ourselves... Would the Jets be a better team with Stafford or Sanchez as their QB ?
I believe the Jets would be a more explosive offense with Stafford"s talent. He has a stronger arm that can cut through the tricky winds
at the Meadowlands. Having coached in Buffalo, I know about strong winds, and having an advantage in the passing game is a big plus.
I,ve seen QB's utterly psyched out by the winds in Buffalo in warm ups and they go on to play horribly. Also, having a QB like Stafford gives the OC more options with his play calling.

I agree, looking at it. BUT, and always a huge but, could Stafford handle NYC? I'm not saying he couldn't, just a question to pose. And vice versa, could Sanchez handle losing in Detroit? I say no. I think the main job of the Jets staff is to take the pressure off of Sanchez this year, and make him realize he needs to be good, but he doesn't NEED to be great. Convince him that the greatness will come, and not to rush it, because the Jets have a team in place that will make him better.

And for Lion fans, I live in Chicago, so I know your organization pretty well...is this the first team/set of players you guys have felt confident with since the 90s? Even if 8-8 doesn't happen this year, I see you guys competing for a WC spot within the next 2-4 years.

GoBigOrGoHome
07-24-2010, 12:22 PM
I agree, looking at it. BUT, and always a huge but, could Stafford handle NYC? I'm not saying he couldn't, just a question to pose. And vice versa, could Sanchez handle losing in Detroit? I say no. I think the main job of the Jets staff is to take the pressure off of Sanchez this year, and make him realize he needs to be good, but he doesn't NEED to be great. Convince him that the greatness will come, and not to rush it, because the Jets have a team in place that will make him better.

And for Lion fans, I live in Chicago, so I know your organization pretty well...is this the first team/set of players you guys have felt confident with since the 90s? Even if 8-8 doesn't happen this year, I see you guys competing for a WC spot within the next 2-4 years.

Stafford comes off as too much of a country boy for NYC. They would chew him up & spit him out.

As far as the Lions go, I haven't felt good about them at all since Barry Sanders blew town on the eve of training camp in 1999. That is until now. The Pack looks to be set up to be good for awhile. The Vikes are the Vikes. The team I don't understand is the Bears. Are they any good? What's the consensus in Chicago?

Turk Schonert
07-24-2010, 12:24 PM

Good point, but Rex Ryan and Co. would be saying the same thing to Stafford if he were there. I just think Stafford would make more plays in the passing game.
Also, Sanchez hasn't proven that he can handle the NY media either. Last year was easy because the team making the playoffs and the team success overshadowed the QB position.

DannyMilk
07-24-2010, 12:33 PM
Good point, but Rex Ryan and Co. would be saying the same thing to Stafford if he were there. I just think Stafford would make more plays in the passing game.
Also, Sanchez hasn't proven that he can handle the NY media either. Last year was easy because the team making the playoffs and the team success overshadowed the QB position.

Completely agree....although I disagree with "GoBig", I think Stafford showed everyone he has what it takes to play anywhere, and he has confidence, so he might have been the same as Sanchez last year.

Concensus in Chicago is we are hopeful, yet wary. I don't think we will be bad. We could be great (seriously, we actually could), but we could also be just a mediocre 8-8 or even a mediocre 9-7 team that doesn't make the playoffs. A lot of how we feel, and how we felt last year, goes back to 06. We aren't living in the past, but we, in Chicago, LOVE having a dominating defense. Our O-Line NEEDS to be better, that's number 1. Because everything falls into place from there. Number 2 is the turnovers (Hi Jay). Cutler was more of a politician than a quarterback a lot of last year, pulling for the Bears to start using Aromashodu, and they finally did listen to Cutler, put him in, and Jay targeted him a crapload. I like bringing in Taylor to take 3rd downs and 2nd and 9s for Forte. It will be interesting with Martz too, who knows what will happen, but we have to score more points. If everything falls into place, we feel we have a legit contender here, because running and defense wins championships, and again, in 06, we thrive when our defense doesn't **** around. Bringing in Peppers should help, as well as getting our field general back, assuming he stays healthy and can still play at a 8 out of 10, because an 80% Urlacher is still a pro-bowler at this point, and a lot of that has to do with his role on our D. I have secondary issues, but that's just me, and hopefully this cover -2 crap can work better with a legit pass rush in Peppers. In my heart, of course I say SUPER BEARS SUPER BOWL, but in reality, with our schedule, I think 9-7 and a possible wild card could happen.

GoBigOrGoHome
07-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Completely agree....although I disagree with "GoBig", I think Stafford showed everyone he has what it takes to play anywhere, and he has confidence, so he might have been the same as Sanchez last year.

I hope this is true.

Concensus in Chicago is we are hopeful, yet wary. I don't think we will be bad. We could be great (seriously, we actually could), but we could also be just a mediocre 8-8 or even a mediocre 9-7 team that doesn't make the playoffs. A lot of how we feel, and how we felt last year, goes back to 06. We aren't living in the past, but we, in Chicago, LOVE having a dominating defense. Our O-Line NEEDS to be better, that's number 1. Because everything falls into place from there. Number 2 is the turnovers (Hi Jay). Cutler was more of a politician than a quarterback a lot of last year, pulling for the Bears to start using Aromashodu, and they finally did listen to Cutler, put him in, and Jay targeted him a crapload. I like bringing in Taylor to take 3rd downs and 2nd and 9s for Forte. It will be interesting with Martz too, who knows what will happen, but we have to score more points. If everything falls into place, we feel we have a legit contender here, because running and defense wins championships, and again, in 06, we thrive when our defense doesn't **** around. Bringing in Peppers should help, as well as getting our field general back, assuming he stays healthy and can still play at a 8 out of 10, because an 80% Urlacher is still a pro-bowler at this point, and a lot of that has to do with his role on our D. I have secondary issues, but that's just me, and hopefully this cover -2 crap can work better with a legit pass rush in Peppers. In my heart, of course I say SUPER BEARS SUPER BOWL, but in reality, with our schedule, I think 9-7 and a possible wild card could happen.

Be very wary of Martz. They canned him in Detroit for fracturing the offense into two factions. The O-line & running backs wanted to see more north & south while the edge players who were piling up big #'s were loving the Mad Scientist. Kitna was getting his head bashed in b/c he was constantly playing from behind and Martz repeatedly called plays that sent him into a seven-step drop.

I hope your boy Cutler has a deep toughness groove, he's going to need it. And your TEs may as well start working on their golf games for all the action they are going to see come their way.

IF they can make that offense go in a cold-weather environment, they could be scary good. But that 'if' is as tall as the Sears Tower. It's your X-factor, IMO.

Turk Schonert
07-24-2010, 01:01 PM

I disagree with GoBig as well. Eli Manning grew up where ? Played college ball where ? He has handled NYC pretty well.

The key to the Bears is Jay Cutler. I heard that during last season, Jay didn't even show up to the Wednesday morning installation meetings. He was so disinchanted with the offense and who was coaching him that he refused to be in the meetings. I don't know how Lovie could allow that kind of thing to happen, but if it did happen, I now understand why Jay threw so many int's. It sounds like Jay likes the new offense and Mike Martz. For Bears fans, you have to hope that this relationship grows for the better ... then you have a shot !

Andy Freeland
07-24-2010, 01:13 PM
Stafford comes off as too much of a country boy for NYC. They would chew him up & spit him out.

You could make the argument that the 4 most successful QBs in NYC in the last 40 years are Joe Namath, Phil Simms, Eli Manning and Chad Pennington. 3 of them grew up south of the Mason-Dixon line, the 4th (Namath) went to college at Alabama, and all 4 speak with some degree of southern drawl.

ReaderM
07-24-2010, 01:19 PM
Can you really call it a decent season when he threw for he threw for 20 INTs (2nd most in the league, and a -8 TD/INT ratio) and only completed 53.8% of his passes? Again, WORSE numbers than JaMarcus Russell in his first full season!! I'm not saying Sanchez will have anywhere near that kind of disaster of a career, but it's still an ominous sign isn't it?

And Matt Stafford also threw for 20 INT, completed 53.3% of the his pass and had a - TD/INT Ratio. As many people has noted, both of them threw for very similar stats, but football isn't like Baseball where Stats tell the 90% of the picture. Sanchez had a rocky start to the season and honestly, I would still take Stafford over him but they both had stereotypical rookie starting seasons and that's why I said decent. We have to remember how much an out-linear season like Ryan and Flacco are historical in the NFL. Taking a look at how Sanchez preformed in the playoffs and the stats after he had what has essentially amounted to a full season of play under neath him and you can see why Jet's fan are optimistic. He increased his throwing % and had a 2:1 TD ratio over 3 games in very hostile atmosphere for a 1st year rookie QB.. No way someone like Jamarcus does that. Is he deserved of all the hype that is befallen on him due to the NY Media base,NO!!, and I think that is where most of backlash come from on him.

illmatc2
07-24-2010, 01:35 PM
It's my opinion that Stafford has the potential to be an upper tier QB like a Brees or Manning(potential...please don't kill me for putting his name with the two best Qb's in the league) where as I believe if the Sanchize wins a Superbowl he'll be like a Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson after thought. A solid Qb but never the driving force of a franchise like Stafford can be.

DannyMilk
07-24-2010, 01:39 PM
I put Sanchez with Sexy Rexy...wait, what's that, we didn't win? *wiping tears and angrily throwing tissue box*

GoBigOrGoHome
07-24-2010, 02:01 PM
You could make the argument that the 4 most successful QBs in NYC in the last 40 years are Joe Namath, Phil Simms, Eli Manning and Chad Pennington. 3 of them grew up south of the Mason-Dixon line, the 4th (Namath) went to college at Alabama, and all 4 speak with some degree of southern drawl.

Apologies for the country boy reference. A little homerism gone awry. Stafford is going to be solid.

If he went NYC, I think he would be less Joe Willy and more Phil Simms. Under that calm demeanor, I bet Simms is a bulldog.

msclemons
07-24-2010, 02:14 PM
If you look at Stafford and Sanchez' stat lines they're almost identical. The only difference is the surrounding talent. One guy put up those stats on a loaded team with a great running game and the other guy was on the Lions.

As the Lions upgrade their talent I think we'll see Stafford pull ahead of Sanchez by a large margin.

giantsfan97
07-24-2010, 07:09 PM
If he went NYC, I think he would be less Joe Willy and more Phil Simms. Under that calm demeanor, I bet Simms is a bulldog.
Although I just barely missed the Simms era, my understand is that he was one of the most competitive people you'd ever meet. It was a big reason he got along with LT.

I'd love confirmation on that from one of the former players on our site

Chompurself
07-26-2010, 04:05 AM
Give me Stafford any day of the week the guy's got a cannon and he will put it all together hopefully he can stay healthy this yr but he has the potential to be a MVP type in coming years of course the Lions have a long way to go b4 that can happen but I see Sanchez as being just "a guy"

BayouBoys
07-26-2010, 04:44 AM
Sanchez being just a "guy" is fine when your team is actually going to the playoffs. Ask trent dilfer.

Chompurself
07-26-2010, 05:20 AM
[QUOTE=BayouBoys;9860]Sanchez being just a "guy" is fine when your team is actually going to the playoffs. Ask trent dilfer.[/QUOTE

I realize that Sanchez is on a better team, but I think the question was going towards asking who was the better QB.....and that is why I said Stafford if it ask who would win more games this year then yes I would have said Sanchez

BayouBoys
07-26-2010, 05:45 AM
Ah! Whoops I must have misread! Well back to that other thread! haha. They both have great arms, hence why they are in the NFL but stafford is great. I actually went to one of his high school games. He seemed kind of "better than his team" attitude...which he was (but there whole team was amazing). But the guy could throw. I watched him throw 4 touchdowns in the first half. Some drives they didn't even let him throw because it was just a waste of time to run up the score!