PDA

View Full Version : Turk Talk coined by FessJL0861

Colts01
07-23-2010, 12:21 AM
Turk,
The users on the video chat all agreed when you started getting into coach talk tonight you took over and were easily the MVP of the video chat.As suggested by FessJL0861 the forum would love to soak up more of your awesome in depth coaching knowledge with a Turk talk series of articles and more video chats on coaching and all things inbetween .Great job on the chat tonight and Everyone was Very impressed with your points of view!

ReaderM
07-23-2010, 12:37 AM
Co-signed

A lot of my friends and me included, love to get beyond the fluff that is shown to a lot of casual fans and get into more game/position break down ( what I would do to be able to see the All 22 Tape every week) That is one of the reasons why I love Football, it is a really just one big chess match with 11 pieces on each side and I think you would find a very receptive and interactive fan base if you were able to find the time to do something like this.

FessJL0861
07-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Well, looks like you guys beat me to it. Yeah, Turk you are the man dude. I think I would learn more by listening to you for a couple of hours than I would by watching for 3 years. You got the knowledge brotha, and you got the following. I would love to see you do some in-depth stuff for the site. The casual fan might be a bit bored by it, but most of the people on this site AREN'T the casual fan. We are sponges of knowledge, plus we can name drop the crap out of you. "Who did you hear that from", "Oh I heard that from Turk Schonert the other day..."

MattBer2c
07-23-2010, 02:02 PM
I think people aren't giving the other guys enough credit! I enjoyed hearing the discussion and interactions among the guys.

Turk was great though.

Turk Schonert
07-23-2010, 05:50 PM
Turk,
The users on the video chat all agreed when you started getting into coach talk tonight you took over and were easily the MVP of the video chat.As suggested by FessJL0861 the forum would love to soak up more of your awesome in depth coaching knowledge with a Turk talk series of articles and more video chats on coaching and all things inbetween .Great job on the chat tonight and Everyone was Very impressed with your points of view!

"Turk talk" sounds fun. We talked about it after the web cast and Andy is putting his brain to work. Any ideas or suggestions will be received with open arms. We are talking about being able to get Cris, Dave and myself on video at the same time from our separate homes, and geting a smart board to use so that I can diagram football 'stuff'. I enjoyed the interaction with everybody last night, looking forward to doing it some more.

ReaderM
07-23-2010, 07:53 PM
We are talking about being able to get Cris, Dave and myself on video at the same time from our separate homes, and geting a smart board to use so that I can diagram football 'stuff'. I enjoyed the interaction with everybody last night, looking forward to doing it some more.

If this actually comes to be, I can't tell you how ecstatic I would be. As FessJL0861 said, most of us are not casual fan and wanna be students of the game and try to soak in everything we can, so you doing something like this would be a major coup for us.

Colts01
07-23-2010, 07:55 PM
If this actually comes to be, I can't tell you how ecstatic I would be. As FessJL0861 said, most of us are not casual fan and wanna be students of the game and try to soak in everything we can, so you doing something like this would be a major coup for us.

agree totally,I know just from what we have learned from the pros and other forum users I will be able to watch games differently now and see the battles within the battle,lots of forum members appreciate being able to be students of the great game of football!

FessJL0861
07-23-2010, 08:15 PM
I think people aren't giving the other guys enough credit! I enjoyed hearing the discussion and interactions among the guys.

Turk was great though.

No, no, this in no way has been meant to short sight anyone else. I see how it could be misconstrued that way, but not at all. I promise. That being said, it is a rarity when I can hear a real "football guy" talk about stuff that in depth. We don't get it on the tv broadcasts, because it would be boring for someone who doesn't care. That has been the beauty of this site.

OK, my suggestions for Turk would be to highlight some offensive packages (jumbo, ace, wildcat, singleback, etc...), things you look for in audibles, stuff like that. Maybe even some insight in how you determine if it's the plays or the players when your having some issues (not a shot, all offenses have issues from time to time). If there would be any information we as fans could give to you Turk we would love to. I don't know what we could tell you that you don't already know, but that's just an option.

Again, to everyone from Cris on down, great job last night.

ReaderM
07-23-2010, 08:34 PM
No, no, this in no way has been meant to short sight anyone else. I see how it could be misconstrued that way, but not at all. I promise. That being said, it is a rarity when I can hear a real "football guy" talk about stuff that in depth. We don't get it on the tv broadcasts, because it would be boring for someone who doesn't care. That has been the beauty of this site.

Again, to everyone from Cris on down, great job last night.

I don't think you could of said it better, it really is such a rarity to get the real meat and bones behind the game that you can't help but get excited over it.I go to a decent number of sites and only once have I seen someone else break it down like Turk was doing last night, and that is a former Defensive linemen who has a weekly breakdown of how the D-line is/was doing for that week. Dave,Cris, and Andy have done an excellent job so far and there is now way we could slight them at all.

msclemons
07-23-2010, 09:54 PM
As a TV viewer all I usually see is the QB holding and then throwing the ball to a receiver. I rarely have any idea how the receiver got open, what sort of reads he and the QB made on the defense, etc. And I never get detailed analysis of the line play other than "so-and-so made a great block!". Really? Why was it great? On my screen it looked like he fell down in front of the DE. Tell me what's going on!!

FessJL0861
07-24-2010, 12:05 PM
As a TV viewer all I usually see is the QB holding and then throwing the ball to a receiver. I rarely have any idea how the receiver got open, what sort of reads he and the QB made on the defense, etc. And I never get detailed analysis of the line play other than "so-and-so made a great block!". Really? Why was it great? On my screen it looked like he fell down in front of the DE. Tell me what's going on!!

Yes, yes, yes. That is the driving force right there. To put it in a synonym, we don't just want the steak, we want to talk to the butcher too.

Turk Schonert
07-24-2010, 12:14 PM
Yes, yes, yes. That is the driving force right there. To put it in a synonym, we don't just want the steak, we want to talk to the butcher too.

Don't you mean "Chef" ? I've never thought of myself as a butcher ... although I have butchered a few calls.

FessJL0861
07-24-2010, 12:55 PM
Don't you mean "Chef" ? I've never thought of myself as a butcher ... although I have butchered a few calls.

The original synonym may be a bit to dirty (plus it might be a Kentucky thing too) for me to go much further. Plus we do have a cooking with Belichick thread... What do you think of the suggestions on the other page?