PDA

View Full Version : Brady's Teammates

cilplxm
07-04-2011, 01:24 AM
In his NFL Network interview (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d820998d3/Brady-reacts-to-being-No-1), he listed off all the great players he's had a chance to play with - including:

Corey Dillon
Antowain Smith
Troy Brown
Deion Branch
Wes Welker
David Givens
David Patten

One name he did not mention: Randy Moss.

I, personally, was glad he didn't mention him after his shameful departure in 2010 and the way he disappeared after the trade. But, this was the guy that caught his record-breaking 50th touchdown pass (and it was also a record-breaking reception). Was he right to skip Moss?

I say he was, but it's kindof a glaring omission, right?

Andy Freeland
07-04-2011, 02:02 AM
It does seem like a fairly glaring omission, but he was naming them off the top of his head, not something he had prepared. I would give him the benefit of the doubt, Moss probably just didn't pop into his mind, which itself is kind of strange. If I recall correctly (by which I mean I don't feel like listening to it again), I think the only TE he mentioned was the less than immortal Christian Fauria, who was there for 4 years and never caught more than 28 passes in a season, so it wasn't a particularly comprehensive list.

msclemons
07-04-2011, 02:54 AM
In 1994 Deion Sanders signed with the 49ers. He made some great plays, put up some good stats but he was never really a 49er. He was just a mercenary hired for a season.

Randy Moss was the same guy on the Patriots. Just a hired gun.

Andy Freeland
07-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Randy Moss was the same guy on the Patriots. Just a hired gun.

You're thinking of Plaxico Burress.

SpartaChris
07-05-2011, 01:34 AM
You're thinking of Plaxico Burress.

/rimshot

Allen
07-06-2011, 12:07 AM
The guys he mentioned were all players he's won championships with except for Wes. It's not that he skipped Moss, or some sort of glaring omission, those were just the first guys that came to his mind at the moment....take it for a grain of salt.