PDA

View Full Version : A little Ocho Cinco love

walzav31
07-25-2010, 09:51 AM
I looked in to Chad's claim that he would be Robin and T.O. would be Batman and I found the following after 9 seasons.
T.O
Rec - 669
Yards - 9772

Chad
Rec - 684
Yards - 9952

Chompurself
07-25-2010, 09:57 AM
wow I had no idea that Ocho's stats would be so comparable to T.O's

Bengals1181
07-25-2010, 09:59 AM
People forget that Chad is the only WR to ever lead his conference in receiving yards for four straight years.

Barring injury, Chad will finish with better stats than Michael Irvin and a handful of other HOF receivers. In fact, Chad's ahead of Irvin through 9 seasons in pretty much every statistical category.

Andy Freeland
07-25-2010, 10:12 AM
I knew Chad's yards would be comparable to Owens', but TO has a lot more TDs:
TO's TD average (10.1/year) is higher than Chad's career high (10).
TO has 8 double-digit TD seasons with a career high of 16, Chad has 1 double-digit TD season (10 in '03)
Chad has 62 career TDs in 9 seasons, TO had 95 in his first 9.

TheLinc
07-25-2010, 10:13 AM
I don't think anyone has doubted or questioned their abilities, it's more than no one has ever doubted or questioned what complete toolbags they are.

walzav31
07-25-2010, 10:41 AM
I don't think anyone has doubted or questioned their abilities, it's more than no one has ever doubted or questioned what complete toolbags they are.

Chad only disrupted the team 1 year, but at least they aren't getting arrested. I think thats worse.

Bengals1181
07-25-2010, 10:48 AM

Chad's a goof, but don't see how anyone can call him a tool. The guy randomly takes 100's of fans to the movies with him on a Friday night just for the hell of it. Flew 6 fans to watch him on dancing with stars, has taken fans on shopping sprees, took 10 fans on a week long trip doing charity on the way to the pro bowl, etc...

I'd be willing to bet that Chad's dropped close to $300K on stuff for his fans.

Dave Lapham
07-25-2010, 11:39 AM
TO gets a lot more love because he is such a prolific TD maker. His size/speed ratio was superb and he was such a force in the red zone.Chad does not drop as many balls as TO does. TO always complains about his QBs. He will tell you I'm sure that if he had Carson Palmer throwing to him like Chad has for the last 7 years, his numbers would be stupid.TO has had his moments of being vindictive and maliscious. Chad just has his moments of immaturity.

walzav31
07-25-2010, 12:04 PM
1st. I want to say how great this website is! To have a Bengal legend comment is awesome!
I think T.O. will end up in Cincy. This Rams news was just meant to get a couple of extra bucks. Dave, I don't know about you but I think the Bengals have a legitimate shot at a Super Bowl this year. Owens for 1 year won't hurt. Plus it could help the young guys sitting behind T.O. and Chad for a season.

Colts01
07-25-2010, 12:20 PM
I do think Owens makes more sense for Cincy then for St.Louis

Bunghole
07-25-2010, 12:50 PM
Chad only disrupted the team 1 year, but at least they aren't getting arrested. I think thats worse.

Well, that and the fact that Chad's offseason media tirade aside, at least his "disruptions" and shameless self-promotion has a veneer of fun associated with it. TO's just miserable.

Colts01
07-25-2010, 12:53 PM
I did watch Chad on first -n-ten last year and dude is smart,he knows how to play the media game

msclemons
07-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Chad's goofiness always seemed fun-loving to me. Maybe immature but not mean-spirited.

TO is a <censored> <censored> mean <censored> self-centered, obnoxious <censored>. He was one hell of a WR though.

Bengals1181
07-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Chad's goofiness always seemed fun-loving to me. Maybe immature but not mean-spirited.

TO is a <censored> <censored> mean <censored> self-centered, obnoxious <censored>. He was one hell of a WR though.

bingo. Chad's an odd-ball, but nothing he ever does or says is mean-spirited.

giantsfan97
07-25-2010, 01:36 PM
I couldn't find the YAC statistics but I think another thing that sets them apart is that TO was always a beast with the ball in his hands... very tough to tackle.

I also wouldn't classify OchoCinco as a tool, I find him humorous and seems to be liked by his teammates for the most part. Although I wouldn't want him on my team...

Wordsworth
07-25-2010, 02:27 PM
I've always had a lot of love for Ochocinco. He's a goofy bastard but he does a lot for the fans and he appreciates that he is responsible for putting an entertaining product on the field. Gotta love a guy who is that comfortable in his own skin.

KabaModernFan
07-25-2010, 03:56 PM
I did watch Chad on first -n-ten last year and dude is smart,he knows how to play the media game

Everyone seems like a genius when Skip Bayless is on the other side of the table...

Colts01
07-25-2010, 03:59 PM
Everyone seems like a genius when Skip Bayless is on the other side of the table...

he hate me he hate me! shots fired

ReaderM
07-25-2010, 04:00 PM
Chad's a goof, but don't see how anyone can call him a tool. The guy randomly takes 100's of fans to the movies with him on a Friday night just for the hell of it. Flew 6 fans to watch him on dancing with stars, has taken fans on shopping sprees, took 10 fans on a week long trip doing charity on the way to the pro bowl, etc...

I'd be willing to bet that Chad's dropped close to $300K on stuff for his fans.

I follow OchoCinco on Twitter like many other people and I can honestly say how surprised how much the guy seems to genuinely care and wish to interact with his fans. Is he a attention-loving meat head that seems to cravy/love/need the spotlight, without a doubt, but you can only wish a 1/3 of the players treated his fans/haters with as much respect. As a person whose favorite player of all time was Warren Sapp and following his interaction with his fans during his playing days, it kind of nice to see Chad does his.

Bengals1181
07-27-2010, 11:33 PM
People forget that Chad is the only WR to ever lead his conference in receiving yards for four straight years.

Barring injury, Chad will finish with better stats than Michael Irvin and a handful of other HOF receivers. In fact, Chad's ahead of Irvin through 9 seasons in pretty much every statistical category.

just mentioned on ESPN, Chad leads all WR's in receiving yards since 2002.

ElShay
07-28-2010, 02:39 AM
Chad seems like a fun, entertaining guy. He was one of the players that helped me fall in love with the NFL, and is a great counterpoint to jacka**** like Big Ben. It is unfortunate that the Bengals have not done much in the post season with him. With a little playoff success he could probably get more exposure without having to resort to VH1.

I hope that with TO's signing this will take some of the pressure off Ocho. Last year most defenses doubled and tripled Ocho without worrying about the other receivers. Chad is an awesome receiver, but I don't think he'll have TO's numbers at the end of his career. But I do hope he'll have enough stat numbers to get into the HOF.