PDA

View Full Version : Welker is Back

PrestigeWorldwide
07-25-2010, 06:33 PM
Wes Welker has already been cleared for full participation for training camp. I guess we can go ahead and pencil the Patriots in as AFC East champions.

hassan812
07-25-2010, 06:59 PM
man that guy is wicked tough. His toughness is rt. up there w/ mr. Patriot, Troy Brown. It's no secret how important Welker is to Brady and the offense. Watch out for THE PATRIOTS!!!

thephaze
07-28-2010, 02:39 AM
Welker put on PUP list today.

Will not be active for first 6 weeks (or is it 8 weeks) of season.

Brady will miss him.

Andy Freeland
07-28-2010, 02:55 AM
He was put on 'camp PUP', not regular season PUP. A player on camp PUP can be activated at any time.

msclemons
07-28-2010, 04:02 AM
Julian Edleman did a pretty good Welker imitation last year (and my fantasy teams thanked him). Even i Welker misses a few games it shouldn't have a huge impact on the season. I'm more concerned about Moss' performance.

Kosar19
07-28-2010, 09:09 AM
Just having Welker out there will be helpful, but he won't be himself. His injury is a two year injury and he won't be back to normal until next year. Brady, on the other hand, should be good to go this year. That should help.

PrestigeWorldwide
07-29-2010, 12:25 AM
I don't know with the advances in human growth hormones and blood spinning Welker could be back to himself or even better by the start of the season. He was already making cuts and running routes well over a month ago.

hassan812
08-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Welker was taken of the PUP list today and was able to practice this morning
Here is the story w/ full details http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5427924
This is definitely a great sign for Pats fans, but it still remains to be seen if Wes will be the same

Wordsworth
08-01-2010, 02:56 PM
It's amazing that he is already in shape to play in contact drills on such a short rehab time.

Kosar19
08-01-2010, 03:06 PM
If he can produce a bit, that team will be scary. And to the Jets I say in the words of Lee Corso "Not so fast, my friend!"

Colts01
08-01-2010, 06:47 PM
As a 3rd party observer I resent the Jets thinking they will simply "jump" the pats this year,I hope Belichick goes in FU mode against them this year

Pattrick
08-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Welker is a beast and a hell of a competitor. I don't know how many people saw his potential besides the Patriots and Bill Bellichik (sp?). Now that he's awesome and amazing and everyone knows what he's capable of, you hear EVERYONE talk about how they knew that Welker was going to be great. It's so annoying, I really don't like those kind of fans.

hassan812
08-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Welker is a beast and a hell of a competitor. I don't know how many people saw his potential besides the Patriots and Bill Bellichik (sp?). Now that he's awesome and amazing and everyone knows what he's capable of, you hear EVERYONE talk about how they knew that Welker was going to be great. It's so annoying, I really don't like those kind of fans.

I never knew Welker was going to be great, but he definitely showed some glimpses while he was in Miami. The thing that makes Welker great other than his talent of course, is his unmatched work ethic. His work ethic is why he was able to recover from such a devestating injury so quickly and it is why he is one of th ebetter recievers in the game.

PrestigeWorldwide
08-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Also what makes him great is 12 throwing him the football.

Cris Collinsworth
08-01-2010, 09:19 PM

What Belichick saw was Welker kicking his butt. The Patriots couldn't stop him so they traded a second rounder for him. When I saw that, I started watching his tape. Obviously, it was a great trade for the Patriots, but at the time everyone was thinking what is Belichick doing?