PDA

View Full Version : How Much Will Torry Holt Contribute?

Dexter
07-25-2010, 11:38 PM
I am very excited about acquiring the former Ram superstar. Then again, I was also very excited about acquiring Joey Galloway last year.

From what I read here and at PFT, Galloway couldn't understand the Patriot's offense and would often run the wrong routes. This doesn't seem like the kind of thing Holt will have a problem with, and I still believe he has one or two more productive years in him. Does anyone else have any insight to what this means for Brady's Bunch of Wide-Outs?

*hoping Collinsworth responds*

msclemons
07-25-2010, 11:43 PM
He did ok in Jax last year (51 receptions for 772 yds) but I'm concerned that the Jags cut him. He has good knowledge of the game and should be a good possession option ala Troy Brown. I wouldn't expect huge production but he'll help keep a few drives alive.

Wilfork
07-31-2010, 02:00 PM
rumors are he looks slow on cuts and missed a couple of balls....

Pattrick
08-01-2010, 06:35 AM
rumors are he looks slow on cuts and missed a couple of balls....

I've been reading the same thing. I've also read articles that say he's EXTREMELY determined to have a great year. No matter what, he refuses to get kicked out of the league. He wants to have 2 more good years. If this year with the Patriots doesn't allow him to prove to the rest of the league that he can still be productive and reliable, he'll quietly retire. He was great for the better part of a decade. He's nowhere NEAR the Hall Of Fame Wide Receiver that the St. Louis Rams fans like to tell everyone he is but he was a really great one for a couple of years.

Kind of like Cris Collinsworth!!!!! A really great receiver for the better part of a decade but certainly not a HOF WR. He should seriously be in the Bengals Hall Of Fame, if they have one. Same goes for Torry Holt. He should be in the Rams HOF but, thats about it.

BuckeyeRidley
08-01-2010, 09:33 AM
Good Post Dexter (reminds me of Hanna-Barbera/Cartoon Networks' "Dexter's Laboratory"!! Good Times!)

I think that Torry Holt will be able to have a Good Year; Remember that The Pats don't emphasize on WRs in terms of relying on one guy. Deion Branch got shipped off to Seattle a few seasons ago & it hurt Tom Brady's feelings. I think Torry will be Good for red zone catches and getting some decent yardage on 3rd & 4th down when a grizzly veteran is needed.

I'm a Torry Holt fan & Love his game & resume he's compiled! Classy guy & dependable on the field.

cilplxm
08-13-2010, 10:25 AM
I wonder if Holt will even make the team - Moss, Welker, Edelman, Price, Tate, Aiken are all probably going to make it, even if Aiken just for his special teams play. Would they keep 7, with Isaiah S on the practice squad?

BuckeyeRidley
08-14-2010, 10:11 PM
I expect for Torry to be with the team after cuts are made down to the 53 man roster. He'll be able to contribute well and be effective the whole season.

hassan812
08-14-2010, 11:57 PM
I expect for Torry to be with the team after cuts are made down to the 53 man roster. He'll be able to contribute well and be effective the whole season.

I', not so sure. If Price and Tate continue to impress, they will probably make it. And like clipbxm said, Aiken will probably be kept for special times. I like Torry Holt and I hope he makes the team, but I'm not too sure.

KabaModernFan
08-15-2010, 12:02 AM
That's assuming Tate can stay healthy, and that's a pretty big assumption at this point in his career.

hassan812
08-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Torry Holt was placed on Injured Reserve with a knee injury. The injury will cost him the season and some reports ar esaying maybe even his career. Hopefully, he will be able to play again.

PrestigeWorldwide
08-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Yup it looks like the Pats didn't win in the free agency lottery again this year. I still believe he wouldn't have been the disaster that Galloway was.

Wordsworth
08-16-2010, 12:45 PM
It's too bad Holt is out for the year now. It was just a couple years ago he was still putting up good numbers. I wonder if he will try to make a return next year.

PrestigeWorldwide
08-19-2010, 12:06 PM
Word around New England is Holt may not be hurt badly if hurt at all. The team gave him some sort of compensation and now he can sign with any team he wants. It sounds like a classy way of being released because if he was hurt he could still collect his salary for the year while on IR I believe. From watching previous seasons of Hard Knocks I don't think a player can be released while injured, unless he gives the ok. Maybe its as simple as he doesn't want to conform to team standards while rehabbing and his salary isn't important to him, but it is quite odd.