PDA

View Full Version : Jets hire Tom Moore as consultant

Turk Schonert
07-21-2011, 07:21 PM
This is a very interesting hire to me. Do the Jets really need offensive consulting help? Brian Schottenheimer does a nice job with that offense. With the late start working with the players, teams are not going to be adding new schemes to their offenses or defenses. So with that being said, is former Colts offensive coordinator Tom Moore being hired and paid by the Jets to supply inside information to the Colts offense and specifically to the thinking and mannerisms of Peyton Manning?

Colts01
07-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Tom Moore was and is beloved here in Indy,that said I wonder Turk,If your coaching with Indy and you meet the Jets in the playoffs do you game plan totally different then you normally would with Moore's knowledge of the Colts offense and Peyton?

darvon
07-21-2011, 07:51 PM
How about getting Moore to get him AWAY from Peyton. Moore was sort of "force-retired" last year and then miraculously "unretired". I wonder how much of that was a Peyton hissy-fit.

I think Peyton's neck is getting sorer and sorer....

Turk Schonert
07-21-2011, 08:06 PM
I think they would have to change their audible system, their hand signals, and probably their cadence. They wouldn't change their system but might add a few wrinkles that Tom wouldn't know about. I don't know if they play each other during the season but I would love to see that game if they do. Would Peyton outsmart his former coordinator or would the information supplied by Moore give the Jets the winning edge?

Amy
07-21-2011, 09:20 PM
This boggled me. Hopefully Peyton gets peeved about it and just wants to smash the Jets when/if they play because of it.

brauneyz
07-21-2011, 10:01 PM
As a Pats fan, this scares me.

Also, what Amy said about pissing Peyton off so he smashes the Jesters ... :p

msclemons
07-22-2011, 01:47 AM
Brian Schottenheimer is just like his father. A super conservative offense that does well in the regular season but can't keep up in the playoffs. Moore might be able to add just enough spark to make the Jets O really good.