PDA

View Full Version : Titans Sue Lane Kiffin, USX

hassan812
07-26-2010, 10:53 PM
It has been reported that the Tennessee Titans are sueing Lane Kiffin and USC for signing their running backs coach, Kennedy Pola. I guess Kiffin and USC violated Pola's contract, because Pola needed written permission to talk to other teams about a job. This may not be too big of a deal, but Lane Kiffin sure does not hide from controversy. What are your thoughts on the situation and does anyone out there still like and/or respect Lane Kiffin?

BubbaLove
07-26-2010, 11:06 PM
I don't care one bit about the teams Lane Kiffin has screwed over, but the way he conducts himself and the lack of respect he has for others really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

As to your question hassan; I have no respect for him what-so-ever. Evidently the apple can fall quite a way from the tree.

Colts01
07-26-2010, 11:09 PM
It has been reported that the Tennessee Titans are sueing Lane Kiffin and USC for signing their running backs coach, Kennedy Pola. I guess Kiffin and USC violated Pola's contract, because Pola needed written permission to talk to other teams about a job. This may not be too big of a deal, but Lane Kiffin sure does not hide from controversy. What are your thoughts on the situation and does anyone out there still like and/or respect Lane Kiffin?
Im with ya on Kiffin,he has developed a habit at a young age of not only burning bridges but carrying the smoke with him at his next stop,I hope USC knows what they have signed on for with that dude

GoBigOrGoHome
07-26-2010, 11:10 PM
Dip. Stick.

Guy needs to go away.

OverTheTop
07-26-2010, 11:53 PM
I wonder how Monte Kiffin feels about his son's shenanigans?? Probably not too proud.

Chompurself
07-27-2010, 12:54 AM
Lane Kiffin is a clown and its about time he start getting his proper due...USC got themselves a reala-hole and their program will continue in this downward spiral because of him, no parent with any type of knowledge will want their kid playing from and learning from this guy.

Bunghole
07-27-2010, 12:56 AM
The answer obviously is Al Davis.

sabre
07-27-2010, 08:27 AM
This guy is going to have no place left to go.

Pruitt
07-27-2010, 08:50 AM
Lane Kiffin must have the best agent in the world. How he got the Tennessee gig is beyond me, and how he then got the USC job is beyond anyone's belief.

How many bridges can one guy burn?

FLPackerFan
07-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Lane Kiffin is a punk and has no respect for his other coaches or even team owners. He was a jerk at Tennessee and talk a lot of smak and got his ass kicked. If not for his father it would have been worse. Monte Kiffin is one of the best defensive minds in NFL history and I have all the respect for him.

theshow47
08-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Ok ok, just because Lane Kiffin called out the most two-faced coach in college football (Urban Meyer) he has developed a reputation for being disrespectful. Is he cocky? Is he arrogant? Yeah, but what coach isnt? When Kiffin questioned the SEC's officiating last year didnt the rest of us agree? I know i did. SEC commissioner Mike Slive is happy to see Kiffin go because he's not "one of the good ol' boys," he rattled the SEC's golden boy's cage and he did react so well. As for his on field performance he took Jonothan Crompton (who was a shell of a QB) and turned him into a solid player. You'll remember the first 4 Tennessee games he pounded the rock just to keep Crompton from shooting the team in the foot, but the last 8 games of the year he threw for a 19-4 td to interception ratio.

Reguardless of what you think of his actions he has the ability to mold and develop players. He was 2 blocked field goals away from beating the National Champions, the guy can coach.

rxbrown86
08-03-2010, 12:04 AM
What amazes me isn't the BS that Lane Kiffin pulls. It's that any coach or player would actually sign to play or coach with him. I've heard him interviewed on the Jim Rome show numerous times and he comes across as an okay guy but, the wreckage he leaves behind is hard to ignore. Like to many coaches today, he seems to be most interested in his own success even if it comes at the expense of his own reputation. If he fails at USC, he could have trouble finding a head coaching job at any other BCS school or even getting back into the NFL.

Pruitt
08-03-2010, 08:48 AM
Reguardless of what you think of his actions he has the ability to mold and develop players. He was 2 blocked field goals away from beating the National Champions, the guy can coach.

Other than beating Georgia, and losing a close game to alabama, what did he accomplish? Wins against Ohio (not state), Vanderbilt? Western Kentucky? Memphis?

Blow out loss in the irrelevant "Chik-Fil-A Bowl"?

Maybe that would be a good season for the Duke football coach, but last time I checked, Tennessee is a major program.

theshow47
08-04-2010, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE=Maybe that would be a good season for the Duke football coach, but last time I checked, Tennessee is a major program.[/QUOTE]

When was the last time you checked, 2000?

Pruitt
08-04-2010, 04:07 PM
When was the last time you checked, 2000?

Good point that!