PDA

View Full Version : Things That Do NOT Rule

Polishguy00
07-27-2010, 11:13 AM
Lists are fun, but since I just listened to Adam Carolla, I must start posting some things that do NOT rule:

-Large chick in small car
-Being a Cleveland Sports Fan (sorry, but you guys are definitely at "you are pitied")
-The expected NFL career of a Penn State RB or a Florida QB
-Worker with Power Trip and Small Salary that Ruins Your Day
-Does Not Know Purpose of On-Ramp Guy
-Golf Course Under-staffed in Beverage Cart Department. Extra minus points if employees driving cart are male.

ADDED:
-People driving slow in the left lane, completely unaware that they do not personally own the highway (extra minus points for being on the phone)
-A receptionist that doesn't look at you when you walk in. Keeps his or her head down concentrating on their "work", to make sure you know that you don't really matter.
-Adults who talk about Twilight as if it matters
-The idiots at the lottery commission who never pick the right ******* numbers.

Andy Freeland
07-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Extra minus points if employees driving cart are male.

Extra minus points?

People driving slow in the left lane, completely unaware that they do not personally own the highway (extra minus points for being on the phone)
A receptionist that doesn't look at you when you walk in. Keeps his or her head down concentrating on their "work", to make sure you know that you don't really matter.
Adults who talk about Twilight as if it matters
The idiots at the lottery commission who never pick the right ******* numbers.

Polishguy00
07-27-2010, 11:47 AM
Extra minus points?

People driving slow in the left lane, completely unaware that they do not personally own the highway (extra minus points for being on the phone)
A receptionist that doesn't look at you when you walk in. Keeps his or her head down concentrating on their "work", to make sure you know that you don't really matter.
Adults who talk about Twilight as if it matters
The idiots at the lottery commission who never pick the right ******* numbers.

Yeah, extra minus points. It's a minus point multiplier that keeps the actual points negative. Think of it like the difference between Kordell Stewart in his prime and Rick Mirer after his fist six career games. With Stewart, you kind of felt you might still have a chance but he still stunk, so he is a minus point guy. Rick Mirer was regarded as terrible (I'll never forget his 8 yard out thrown 15 yards out of bounds at Dallas, I think Conway was intended receiver) and you knew you did not have a chance with him at the helm. The draft pick given up is the extra minus points multiplier.

Pruitt
07-27-2010, 12:31 PM
Back sweat
Romantic Comedies
NHL Regular Season
Major League Baseball
Neck tattoos
Piercings
Ear hair
Light beer
one-ply toilet paper
Bryan Colangelo

Colts01
07-27-2010, 01:15 PM
-Lane Kiffin
-the loud mouth with 25 items in the 10 item or less line.
-its not you,its me talks....
-any letter with the word "Defendant" in it thats addressed to you.
-Skullets
-anyone with more tattoos then teeth
-cell phones at the movies
-popped collars

MattBer2c
07-27-2010, 01:34 PM
-apartments without central heat/AC
-potholes
-applying to graduate schools
-Heineken
-an empty coffee pot in the break room

Polishguy00
07-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Back sweat
Romantic Comedies
NHL Regular Season
Major League Baseball
Neck tattoos
Piercings
Ear hair
Light beer
one-ply toilet paper
Bryan Colangelo

Have to disagree on a few. I am one of 4 remaining people in the country who still love baseball. Oh, the game is a mess and I complain about it all the time on my podcast, but I played the game for a while and see a lot to still love. Even, I, though will never watch a baseball game in HD over football in HD unless the Mets were in the playoffs, so that happens once every 5 years or so and is usually brief.

Can't give credit on Colangelo because his moves make other cities very happy. Piercings are also dependent on who they are on and where they are at.

I like the rest.

Polishguy00
07-27-2010, 01:42 PM
-Lane Kiffin
-the loud mouth with 25 items in the 10 item or less line.
-its not you,its me talks....
-any letter with the word "Defendant" in it thats addressed to you.
-Skullets
-anyone with more tattoos then teeth
-cell phones at the movies
-popped collars

Like 'em. Lane may not have been on this list 24 hours ago, but angering a hardcore Alum enough to have him sue the school he loves can certainly put one on the list.

Polishguy00
07-27-2010, 01:44 PM
-apartments without central heat/AC
-potholes
-applying to graduate schools
-Heineken
-an empty coffee pot in the break room

The empty pot is dependent on the time of day and the amount of "have to" things that have to get done still that day. I have been wanting to gripe about Heineken for a while. Completely overrated. Does not taste great and you can get Stella Artois for roughly the same price and be happy. Also, just get some Warsteiner and be a man. You pick something affectionately called "Hiney" over something with the word "War" in it?

cobber66
07-27-2010, 01:50 PM
Guy who works out at the gym with his girlfriend, and commits PDAs while I'm trying to get my swell on

Polishguy00
07-27-2010, 01:54 PM
Is getting a swell on anything like taking my talents to South Beach? Just askin'.

Edit: BTW, if I understand this one correctly, I think we have to include it. It would be like a romantic comedy happening in front of you.

cobber66
07-27-2010, 01:58 PM
Haha, I'm just sayin, I don't want to see some guy kissing his girl while I'm about to attempt a max-out bench press. Totally kills the focus.

GoBigOrGoHome
07-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Speeding tickets
Blind dates
When the kids in your life become teenagers and start to ignore you (your own, neices, nephews, or children of friends)
Cleaning the gutters
Weasel bosses
Chicks in supermarkets that block the whole damn aisle while standing right in front of an item you need.
Standing in line at the (insert government agency here BMV, Post Offfice)
Being on hold
Foreign-based call centers

theshow47
07-27-2010, 05:09 PM
Guy who works out at the gym with his girlfriend, and commits PDAs while I'm trying to get my swell on

how about guy who grunts benching 185 then flexs in my mirror

Pruitt
07-27-2010, 05:26 PM
Can't give credit on Colangelo because his moves make other cities very happy.

You are wise in the ways of the NBA.

Colangelo could be the ultimate empty suit in all of sports. Since he's been in Toronto, he turned a bad team into a bad team - all for the bargain rate of $6 million a year. He probably thanks God that David Khan is a GM in the league, otherwise he would be the laughing stock among GMs.

Polishguy00
07-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Speeding tickets
Blind dates
When the kids in your life become teenagers and start to ignore you (your own, neices, nephews, or children of friends)
Cleaning the gutters
Weasel bosses
Chicks in supermarkets that block the whole damn aisle while standing right in front of an item you need.
Standing in line at the (insert government agency here BMV, Post Offfice)
Being on hold
Foreign-based call centers

Posts like this from Lions fans give me hope that football does still exist in Detroit and that same emotion is prevalent in the city. Book these all, I say.

JUMPAROUND
07-27-2010, 05:57 PM
expensive weak cocktails at the bar

Kosar19
07-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Guy who stops at "Yield" sign.
When I ask "What do you have on draft?" then I make my selection and they come back and say "I'm sorry but we're out of that".
Airport security and the self-important TSA guy/Gal (It's not all of them but you know who you are.)
Generic macaroni and cheese. Gotta be Kraft or home made.

msclemons
07-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Replying to a post from an iPhone while partner hits every pothole in the road

Docta
07-27-2010, 09:42 PM
-Falling down in public places.
-Guy that comes into a gym, does 1 set of curls, and then leaves.
-A comedy that has most of the funny parts in the promos, so it ruins it when they happen in the movie.
-Watching a movie and then realizing that it sucked.

DM138385
07-27-2010, 10:22 PM
Sandbagger's on the golf course !!

Pattrick
07-27-2010, 10:29 PM
any movie with Pauly Shore in it.

Polishguy00
07-28-2010, 08:01 AM
-Watching a movie and then realizing that it sucked.

How about realizing that you just watched the second half of "Funny People."

So, I'll add, -being too stubborn to not just listen to people, watch a movie you really wanted to see anyway and then knowing it sucked and you would have rather have spent those 2 hours of your life watching "The NFL Career Highlights of Stoney Case" on a loop for that time.

Kosar19
07-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Waking up 5 minutes before your alarm goes off.

Pruitt
07-28-2010, 10:33 AM
So, I'll add, -being too stubborn to not just listen to people, watch a movie you really wanted to see anyway and then knowing it sucked and you would have rather have spent those 2 hours of your life watching "The NFL Career Highlights of Stoney Case" on a loop for that time.

So you also saw "Law Abiding Citizen?"

GoBigOrGoHome
08-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Oppressive heat
Power outages
Beer in green bottles
Tofu
Empty toilet paper rolls

And my personal favorite: "Bluetooth Guy". This is not everyone who has a Bluetooth ear piece. But, like "TSA Guy", you know who you are, peckerwood.

Pruitt
08-06-2010, 06:26 PM
And my personal favorite: "Bluetooth Guy".

Where I live, I see a lot of "Bluetooth Gal" - middle aged housewives rushing from Starbucks to the gym with the earpiece in snugly.

GoBigOrGoHome
08-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Where I live, I see a lot of "Bluetooth Gal" - middle aged housewives rushing from Starbucks to the gym with the earpiece in snugly.

I spent five minutes standing behind "Bluetooth Guy" this afternoon at WalMart. It took considerable self-control not to reach out & rip that thing off his face. The middle-aged lady ringing the register looked positively homicidal.

Pruitt
08-06-2010, 09:53 PM
I spent five minutes standing behind "Bluetooth Guy" this afternoon at WalMart. It took considerable self-control not to reach out & rip that thing off his face. The middle-aged lady ringing the register looked positively homicidal.

I'm convinced that half of the people with Blue tooths ("Blueteeth?") never get a call.

Wordsworth
08-07-2010, 12:50 AM
Plastic packaging (usually on electronics) with no discernible opening point
Scripted "reality" shows that pretend they're unscripted (MTV owns at this)
Guys in pink shirts
popped collars (especially if they're pink shirts)
Spray-on tans
Guys wearing pants below their ass cheeks
The way people dress when they go to Wal-Mart (http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/)
Bluetooth headsets
Ke$ha

OverTheTop
08-07-2010, 12:57 AM
Paying federal and state taxes.

GoBigOrGoHome
08-07-2010, 12:59 AM

How did we, as a group, get to 30+ postings on this topic without mentioning TAXES?

Taxes are a necessary evil, but they definitely do not rule.

damgenius
08-07-2010, 01:50 AM
How about "people who post about random gripes on a directed forum (i.e. football)"?
:P

GoBigOrGoHome
08-07-2010, 02:18 AM
How about the site's creators including an 'Off Topic' lane for stuff that is 'Off Topic'? Some of the funniest and/or most informative stuff I have read here on FPL has come out of the 'Off Topic' lane.

damgenius
08-07-2010, 02:21 AM
How about people who complain about off topic things even though they are properly posted and funny and or informative?

GoBigOrGoHome
08-07-2010, 02:28 AM
Try to be both. Consider yourself regulated.

tbelcher11
08-07-2010, 02:52 AM
Trying to console a friend who just broke up with a girlfriend at 1:51 A.M. on a Friday night. Definitely doesn't rule.

And yes. I am begging for you pity. (Something else that really doesn't rule...)

Resdog154
08-07-2010, 04:37 AM
Sitting down to watch a show you DVR'd and have it cut short because it ran long or started late.

DannyMilk
08-07-2010, 06:51 AM
OFF TOPIC IS OFF TOPIC. Period, end of story....nothing personal about anything in this post, but the next clownbaby to tell me that this is an NFL site, and I am in the off-topic area talking about LeBron or Brock Lesnar will be handled...

I'm up at 4:49 because my girlfriend...errr....ex gf woke me up complainining that I am ignoring her. Reason I ignored her "thank you" text for Lolla tix: bitter about the fact that I bought her and her friend $125 Lollapalooza tix, and of course NOW we are broken up, I had to work all night, she had the time of her life watching Lady Gaga, and my wallet's more wide open than TO claims he is on every play...FML

Pruitt
08-07-2010, 06:23 PM

I'll add LOCAL taxes.

Tinindian
08-07-2010, 11:14 PM

This is why I live in Florida.

Well one of the reasons.

Polishguy00
08-10-2010, 08:52 AM
Out-standing warrants....uh, I mean.....paternity suits....uh, I mean.... Finding a Lambo by the side of the road and realizing that it was Lance Briggs' and he could totally kick your rear.

GoBigOrGoHome
08-18-2010, 01:14 AM
Moving, at least when you are in the middle of it, might top the list. Living this particular version of hell right now...

SpartaChris
08-28-2010, 03:08 AM
Prius drivers who drive like they're in a Prius. Gas pedal is on the right folks.
People who drive below the speed limit and box you in.
Apple and their horrible customer service, over-priced products and lack of innovation.

SpartaChris
08-28-2010, 03:10 AM
Oh- Jersey Shore. And anyone who watches it.

InNOutBurgler
08-28-2010, 03:29 AM
Prius drivers who drive like they're in a Prius. Gas pedal is on the right folks.
People who drive below the speed limit and box you in.

Seeing as how you live in Oceanside and have to deal with the 5 right there where for some reason there is no fast lane and if there is it's the right lane...I hate the 5 around there...

SpartaChris
08-28-2010, 04:05 AM
Seeing as how you live in Oceanside and have to deal with the 5 right there where for some reason there is no fast lane and if there is it's the right lane...I hate the 5 around there...

I generally have no issues with it as get on the 5 from the 78 so I skip the bundle both ways.

Pruitt
08-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Just drove home to Toronto from D.C. armed with my Brother In Law's guaranteed best route - supposed to save me at least an hour. Long story short - ten hour trip took 12 and a half.

FessJL0861
08-29-2010, 05:39 PM
-not enough rain
-the nefarious left lane cell phone jackleg
-mayhem (from the allstate commercial)
-large women with tight clothes
-dudes that wear the skin tight jeans with the tight cuff crap (men look more like women now than ever)
-metrosexuality as a whole
-the Dallas Cowboys***
-Da Bears***
-Nancy Pelosi
-Ever rising taxes benefiting people that dont want to work
-95 year olds that drive 1985 Buick M1 Abrams tanks.
-the perpetual overdiagnosing of our kids (3 year olds cant be depressed)
-things that dont involve bacon
-and again, not enough rain

***-all in good football fun

Polishguy00
08-29-2010, 06:22 PM
If you know someone that actually owns a M1A1, please give me their contact information. I need one for a, uh, project in Chicago. Rhymes with Bovie Riths Hover Blue.

FessJL0861
08-29-2010, 06:30 PM
If you know someone that actually owns a M1A1, please give me their contact information. I need one for a, uh, project in Chicago. Rhymes with Bovie Riths Hover Blue.

Funniest post I've read in weeks. And yeah, I can forward you the contact info for my uncle Sam.

DannyMilk
08-30-2010, 12:09 AM
Packers
Ignorance
MRSA (I know from experience, worst pains I've ever felt in my life (played sports my entire life keep in mind) are MRSA and an ingrown toenail...so weird

BuckeyeRidley
08-30-2010, 01:47 AM
I gotta Say:
-Nose blowing at the table
-Disrespecting women
-Making a Big Deal Out of Nothing
-Ignoring Social Problems for no Good Reason
-Not censoring language on Twitter
-The room getting uncomfortably quiet after an embarassing moment
-Thinking adults can't like cartoons

TheLinc
08-31-2010, 01:08 PM
Living in Miami, there is only one logical response to this question:

Swamp-ass.

TheLinc
08-31-2010, 01:11 PM
Oh- Jersey Shore. And anyone who watches it.

I'm dedicating my next fist-pumping South Beach excursion to you.

FessJL0861
09-03-2010, 05:51 PM

Swamp-ass.

allow me to scientifically analyze that last comment...... : HA! (not just Miami, the south all together.)

GoBigOrGoHome
09-26-2010, 07:58 PM

Swamp-ass.

In certain parts of the midwest, we call this 'Jiffy-Butt'.

GoBigOrGoHome
02-27-2011, 09:17 PM
The overuse of the word 'fabulous'.

Pruitt
02-28-2011, 08:04 AM
My dog snores.

ReaderM
02-28-2011, 01:57 PM
Getting asked again and again "why don't you have a girlfriend" by family

... You ever think it is because i actually enjoy being single right now

Colts01
10-13-2011, 08:06 PM
-That guy next to you at the gas station that thinks you and every other person pumping their gas wants to hear Lil Wayne at ear splitting levels,jackass.

SpartaChris
10-13-2011, 08:19 PM
-That guy next to you at the gas station that thinks you and every other person pumping their gas wants to hear Lil Wayne at ear splitting levels,jackass.

^This. I don't even want to hear that crap drunk. And I'm sure most others don't want to hear it either.

GoBigOrGoHome
10-13-2011, 08:38 PM
Raking leaves into a neat pile then having a random wind gust undo your effort
Angry ass (usually after some awful meal at the home of an elderly relative)
People who pass gas in an elevator
My neighbor's dog
Sale prices that only apply if you have the grocery store's discount card (they do this and then take your information and sell it to others)
Flat tires
Tumors
Uncomfortable shoes
Going to the dentist
Watching your favorite team come from ahead to lose

Pruitt
10-13-2011, 11:33 PM
Can't stand the fact that the older I get, the worse I smell.

DannyMilk
10-14-2011, 12:24 AM
Another Chicago Police officer shot...not shockingly, lives in my neighborhood...head to ChicagoBreakingNews.com for more (not affiliated at all, it's just a decent site for breaking news here lol)

packa7x
10-14-2011, 12:51 AM
Skateboarders
Traffic lights
People who don't drink ever
People who don't swear
People who find Family Guy offensive
3G
Financial Aid (not its existence, just some of the processes)
Waking up early
Cell phone contracts
Commuting
18-wheelers
The "friend zone"

msclemons
10-14-2011, 01:17 AM
Modesto, CA does not rule.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/19/CowPie-JeffVanuga.JPG/250px-CowPie-JeffVanuga.JPG

That's a scratch-and-sniff picture. If you scratch it you can smell Modesto.

Polishguy00
10-14-2011, 08:51 AM
-Hamster bladder after you break the seal.
-Record rainfall for the year that is preventing leaf clean-up

Pruitt
10-14-2011, 09:09 AM
People who text as they cross the road.

Andy Freeland
10-14-2011, 11:16 AM
A person can drive slowly in the left lane, backing up traffic for miles because they are oblivious to the fact that they are not the only human being on the face of the earth. But if I were to run the aforementioned idiot off the road and beat him or her to death with a tire iron, thereby making the word a better place, I could go to jail. I do it anyway, but stll.

Polishguy00
10-14-2011, 11:37 AM
A person can drive slowly in the left lane, backing up traffic for miles because they are oblivious to the fact that they are not the only human being on the face of the earth. But if I were to run the aforementioned idiot off the road and beat him or her to death with a tire iron, thereby making the word a better place, I could go to jail. I do it anyway, but stll.

I have a long theory I have to talk about in a podcast someday about designating certain individuals as people (not police, let's not waste their time) who have the power to immediately revoke licenses for idiot driving. Now, I would not recommend Albert Haynesworth.

Also, I admit I am guilty of closed door road rage and swearing due to idiots. The worst is the person who does not understand the concept of an on-ramp. That are that long to GAIN SPEED UP TO THE SPEED OF TRAFFIC. Everyone should have to drive through the round-abouts in rush hour Great Britain. You have anticipate your spot, pick it and get it. Slow on-ramp people should drink Drano.

Trumpetbdw
10-14-2011, 11:40 AM
MRSA (I know from experience, worst pains I've ever felt in my life (played sports my entire life keep in mind) are MRSA and an ingrown toenail...so weird

Finally reading this post now for the first time. I've also experienced this a total of 3 times. The pain is incredible. It had been moving through my system in 10 month incriments, but I haven't had a MRSA attack now in probably 15-16 months. Unfortunately, it seems the MRSA has been replaced with Kidney Stones, with 2 occurances since the last MRSA attack. Kidney Stones are worse, but the MRSA attacking one specific location brings on some pretty intense pain until it's taken care of.

Trumpetbdw
10-14-2011, 11:42 AM
People who don't drink ever
People who don't swear

Does this mean that I shouldn't admit that this is me?
Can't say I haven't had a drink ever, but I don't drink. Can't say I haven't ever let one fly, but I don't swear. I at least will freely admit that it makes me weird.

packa7x
10-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Does this mean that I shouldn't admit that this is me?
Can't say I haven't had a drink ever, but I don't drink. Can't say I haven't ever let one fly, but I don't swear. I at least will freely admit that it makes me weird.

Lol what I meant by that is I hate when people who don't drink or swear act like you're a horrible person for drinking or swearing. I know people who would literally not talk to other people because they curse.

Trumpetbdw
10-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Lol what I meant by that is I hate when people who don't drink or swear act like you're a horrible person for drinking or swearing. I know people who would literally not talk to other people because they curse.

To be fair, I don't believe I've ever made it clear on here whether or not I find any of you with your poo mouths to be horrible people. Poo...poop... poop mouths.

I will say that the absolute best part of "The Hangover" is Alan's refusal to utter a single curse word.

In all honestly, to me, the biggest thing that does not rule are people who are judgmental.

packa7x
10-14-2011, 04:22 PM
To be fair, I don't believe I've ever made it clear on here whether or not I find any of you with your poo mouths to be horrible people. Poo...poop... poop mouths.

I will say that the absolute best part of "The Hangover" is Alan's refusal to utter a single curse word.

In all honestly, to me, the biggest thing that does not rule are people who are judgmental.

I think we can all drink to that! (pun intended) :)

Trumpetbdw
10-14-2011, 05:22 PM
I think we can all drink to that! (pun intended) :)

Round of pepsis on the house. On me!!!

SpartaChris
10-14-2011, 05:27 PM
People who text as they cross the road.

People who take their sweet ass time crossing the road. Seriously, the rest of the world shouldn't have to wait on you. Cross the damn street or get run over.

SpartaChris
10-14-2011, 05:29 PM

These guys cause more road rage than anyone else on the freeway.

Also not ruling- People in the fast lane who are pacing a care in the slower lane next to them, thus making it far more difficult (and dangerous) to get around them.

wxwax
10-14-2011, 05:33 PM
-Adults who talk about Twilight as if it matters

Did you hear that's she pregnant? And that she doesn't know who the father is? And that it might be a werewolf or a vampire???!!!

wxwax
10-14-2011, 05:34 PM
Romantic Comedies

You are dead to me. Groundhog Day is an all-time classic.

GoBigOrGoHome
10-14-2011, 05:49 PM
These guys cause more road rage than anyone else on the freeway.

Also not ruling- People in the fast lane who are pacing a care in the slower lane next to them, thus making it far more difficult (and dangerous) to get around them.

I got over the driving fast thing a lot of years ago. I kick it in the right lane at posted speed. The driver I despise with my every last breath is 'Blind Spot Guy' - that jackass who not only paces you, in the left lane, but does it while riding squarely in your blind spot. You, sir, most certainly do not rule.

packa7x
10-14-2011, 06:39 PM
3 hour delays to go 20 miles. If you've never driven in NJ, you don't know frustration.

packa7x
10-14-2011, 06:40 PM
Round of pepsis on the house. On me!!!

Hahaha make it Dr. Pepper and I'll drink with you all night!

SpartaChris
10-14-2011, 07:22 PM
I got over the driving fast thing a lot of years ago. I kick it in the right lane at posted speed. The driver I despise with my every last breath is 'Blind Spot Guy' - that jackass who not only paces you, in the left lane, but does it while riding squarely in your blind spot. You, sir, most certainly do not rule.

I have no problem with folks driving right at or even under the speed limit in the slower lanes. It's when they do it in the fast lanes that drives me nuts.

Agreed on blind spot guy.

SpartaChris
10-14-2011, 07:24 PM
3 hour delays to go 20 miles. If you've never driven in NJ, you don't know frustration.

I guarantee So Cal, specifically Los Angeles and the Inland Empire can give NJ a run for it's money..

Pruitt
10-14-2011, 07:54 PM
You are dead to me. Groundhog Day is an all-time classic.

That's the exception that proves the rule.

(Or is it vice versa)?

Whatever I also can't stand people who mangle aphorisms.

As a genre I loathe romantic comedies. Sure, there are some exceptions (and I'm not sure I'd lump the classic "Groundhog Day" in this category), but unless you are dating, newly married, or saving up brownie points with your wife, watching a romantic comedy is as manly as waxing your chest.

Trumpetbdw
10-14-2011, 09:31 PM
The wake up call at 5 AM stating that my wife's school district has cancelled for snow, then laying around awake for another hour and a half, waiting for my alarm, and the call that never comes, as I don't even have a 2 hour delay while she gets to sleep peacefully in bed. Whether you're 6 or 66, knowing others are home while you have to drag yourself uphill (both ways) to school is never cool.

GoBigOrGoHome
10-14-2011, 09:59 PM
Well done beef/pork/lamb/... You get the idea, right?
Cauliflower
Chitlins
Cheap, crappy processed cheese foods
Mild salsa
Non-spicy Bloody Marys
Cream of Mushroom Soup in a can
Green bean casserole made with said canned guano soup
Overcooked chicken (crap tastes like wood)
People who refuse to try foods they hated as children

packa7x
10-14-2011, 10:26 PM
I guarantee So Cal, specifically Los Angeles and the Inland Empire can give NJ a run for it's money..
Peobably can. NJ is still god awful.

packa7x
10-14-2011, 10:28 PM
Well done beef/pork/lamb/... You get the idea, right?
Cauliflower
Chitlins
Cheap, crappy processed cheese foods
Mild salsa
Non-spicy Bloody Marys
Cream of Mushroom Soup in a can
Green bean casserole made with said canned guano soup
Overcooked chicken (crap tastes like wood)
People who refuse to try foods they hated as children

Youd hate eating at my house. The more well done the better!

packa7x
10-14-2011, 10:29 PM
That's the exception that proves the rule.

(Or is it vice versa)?

Whatever I also can't stand people who mangle aphorisms.

As a genre I loathe romantic comedies. Sure, there are some exceptions (and I'm not sure I'd lump the classic "Groundhog Day" in this category), but unless you are dating, newly married, or saving up brownie points with your wife, watching a romantic comedy is as manly as waxing your chest.

id rather watch a love story than a romcom.

DannyMilk
10-14-2011, 11:56 PM
wow that's crazy...yeah I haven't had any issues since, but your post is scaring me lol

Finally reading this post now for the first time. I've also experienced this a total of 3 times. The pain is incredible. It had been moving through my system in 10 month incriments, but I haven't had a MRSA attack now in probably 15-16 months. Unfortunately, it seems the MRSA has been replaced with Kidney Stones, with 2 occurances since the last MRSA attack. Kidney Stones are worse, but the MRSA attacking one specific location brings on some pretty intense pain until it's taken care of.

mkocs6
10-15-2011, 03:00 AM

Ugh... This explains so much about you.

packa7x
10-15-2011, 03:28 AM
Ugh... This explains so much about you.

Hahaha what does that mean?

mikesteelnation1
10-15-2011, 03:30 AM
Yeah, extra minus points. It's a minus point multiplier that keeps the actual points negative. Think of it like the difference between Kordell Stewart in his prime and Rick Mirer after his fist six career games. With Stewart, you kind of felt you might still have a chance but he still stunk, so he is a minus point guy. Rick Mirer was regarded as terrible (I'll never forget his 8 yard out thrown 15 yards out of bounds at Dallas, I think Conway was intended receiver) and you knew you did not have a chance with him at the helm. The draft pick given up is the extra minus points multiplier.

Please do not speak of the "slash".. conjures bad memories of seasons lost.

People who don't understand merge signs. It's not optional!!
Rubber neckers who have to slow Down to observe the carnage.
Road construction on a 4 mile stretched of road that lasts longer than a presidential term.
People at Starbucks who insist on proper spelling on the sticker on the cup for a name like shamilla, when they are ordering 5+ fu fu drinks. I mean really? Like w mispelled version of that will confuse the ppl so bad no one will know who the drinks belong to. True story. Happened this morning in downtown Atlanta. Egregious.

packa7x
10-15-2011, 03:40 AM
That's why I always go to 7/11 for coffee. Sure it's crappy coffee and Im classless, but my morning commute is truncated by a good 15 minutes by not going to starbucks

mikesteelnation1
10-15-2011, 04:37 AM
I just want 2 separate lines at Starbucks in the morning. One for ppl ordering breakfast sandwiches and fu fu drinks, and one for people who simply want a coffee. Starbucks would add 25% in sales by doing so. Coffee drinkers will slum it and get gas station coffee to avoid that nonsense. Not true the other way around. Someone who wants an egg whatever flatbread sandwich and an extra shot, soy, no whip 160 degree latte has no choice. They HAVE TO WAIT!!

The person in charge of biz development for Starbucks has dropped the ball. They cater too much to the demographics they have on lock, who has no options, and not enough to the person who has plenty. Have a coffee line. Hire another person for 4 hours a morning. Just to make coffee. Advertise it to death. Ppl will come in droves knowing that. Starbucks has great coffee. Coffee drinkers avoid it due to the hassles.. i set my schedule so I get to work when I get there , but 99% of people don't..

Starbucks has regressed a ton the last decade. In my opinion, because they chose the latte and sandwich person, not the coffee drinker. I remember when I had a choice of 5 brews. Now its the swill known as pike place and a bold brew. Get back to your roots and embrace it, and market it aggressively. Build it and they will come!

packa7x
10-15-2011, 05:02 AM
Yeah, they're definitely all for the hipsters in urban areas and soccer moms in suburban areas. I actually really like their coffee, but not enough to wait that long for it. That's a really good/simple idea for Starbucks and it would surely boost profit with only a tiny increase in overhead. Well worth it, but it makes too much sense for it to happen.

Pruitt
10-15-2011, 03:16 PM
When I become Emperor, there will be immediate jail terms for people who order coffee that requires more than two adjectives. There is simply no need for it.

There are a lot of neurotic housewives that frequent my nearby Starbucks. If I didn't have a reputation in the neighborhood, I'd end up shouting at them like a homeless guy off his meds when they throw out terms like "non-fat milk", "low foam" and for god's sake "decaf!"

packa7x
10-15-2011, 03:22 PM
No polysyllabic drinks!!

Man law???

Andy Freeland
10-15-2011, 04:12 PM

I sincerely hope you only buy low quality meat. Seeing a nice steak cooked well done would break my heart. When I was a chef we called that 'ruining a perfectly good piece of meat', not witty but accurate.

packa7x
10-15-2011, 04:37 PM
Lol yeah only burgers and chicken. I do like my steak medium-medium well, but I never get anything fancy, usually just ribeyes or sirloins.

mkocs6
10-15-2011, 04:44 PM
Hahaha what does that mean?

You don't know when to let it go on a thread, and you don't know when to take meat off the the heat. Makes sense to me. :star:

mkocs6
10-15-2011, 04:58 PM
Lol yeah only burgers and chicken. I do like my steak medium-medium well, but I never get anything fancy, usually just ribeyes or sirloins.

Chicken obviously needs to be cooked all the way through, but dry chicken is just terrible. I understand the desire to be sure that your chicken is not raw, given the risk of salmonella, but don't leave it on the grill too long. Remember that meat continues cooking once you take it off the grill/out of the oven. If roasting a whole chicken, it's done when the juices run clear if you puncture the skin and flesh just slightly underneath the drumstick. If you're just grilling a breast, the same metric works for every cut, and that's to go by touch once it's visibly cooked on the outside. If it feels like your cheek, that's rare; nose is medium; forehead is well. You want to take the chicken off just as it's getting to forehead.

As far as burgers, I know the FDA/USDA is pushing cooking burgers to 165 these days, but if you buy quality, grass-fed ground beef that should not be the standard. That's a product of mass-producers like Cargill, et al., co-opting government to limit their legal liability- if cows have been fed a proper diet and the meat has been butchered correctly, there is no reason why it is medically necessary to cook a burger well. Now, if you like eating hockey pucks, that's what you like, but so many people know so little about the food that they eat.

packa7x
10-15-2011, 06:03 PM
You don't know when to let it go on a thread, and you don't know when to take meat off the the heat. Makes sense to me. :star:

Half true! I know when to take the meat off the grill. When it's nice and done! :D

buzmeg
10-15-2011, 06:11 PM
Shipping & Handling (just add it to the price and don't tell me about it)

packa7x
10-15-2011, 06:21 PM
Chicken obviously needs to be cooked all the way through, but dry chicken is just terrible. I understand the desire to be sure that your chicken is not raw, given the risk of salmonella, but don't leave it on the grill too long. Remember that meat continues cooking once you take it off the grill/out of the oven. If roasting a whole chicken, it's done when the juices run clear if you puncture the skin and flesh just slightly underneath the drumstick. If you're just grilling a breast, the same metric works for every cut, and that's to go by touch once it's visibly cooked on the outside. If it feels like your cheek, that's rare; nose is medium; forehead is well. You want to take the chicken off just as it's getting to forehead.

As far as burgers, I know the FDA/USDA is pushing cooking burgers to 165 these days, but if you buy quality, grass-fed ground beef that should not be the standard. That's a product of mass-producers like Cargill, et al., co-opting government to limit their legal liability- if cows have been fed a proper diet and the meat has been butchered correctly, there is no reason why it is medically necessary to cook a burger well. Now, if you like eating hockey pucks, that's what you like, but so many people know so little about the food that they eat.

I find if I marinate the chicken overnight and I make fresh burger patties from ground beef and don't go flip happy, they retain most of the juices. Plus, I use a bunch of stuff like ketchup, mustard, and BBQ sauce in the ground beef when I throw the bread crumbs in. Gives it even more flavor. Here are some meatballs I made...cooked em for another 3-4 minutes. Perfectionnn. Used the peppers and onions to the right to make a killer pasta sauce.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m537/Packa7x/52e9cb2d.png

mkocs6
10-15-2011, 06:59 PM
Not being flip-happy is also good, for pretty much any grilling. There is no substitute for cooking it properly, though.

If you're making your burgers with binders like eggs and breadcrumbs, you're right, things are a little different. Generally, you don't want pink meatballs.

Pruitt
10-15-2011, 09:11 PM
No polysyllabic drinks!!

Man law???

Bloody well should be.

packa7x
10-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Not being flip-happy is also good, for pretty much any grilling. There is no substitute for cooking it properly, though.

If you're making your burgers with binders like eggs and breadcrumbs, you're right, things are a little different. Generally, you don't want pink meatballs.

Lol properly is all perspective. I might be the minority here, but I just like the taste when it's cooked longer. I'll probably get cancer from it, but at least I was happy! :)

mkocs6
10-15-2011, 11:59 PM
Technique isn't just perspective. There's a right way and a wrong way to cook a pot roast, to prepare yellow fin tuna, to serve duck, whatever. It's about taste, temperature, texture, appearance--everything. You cook and eat however you want- I just want you to know how much better it is to live in a world of medium rare pork tenderloin.

Also, ketchup is disgusting.

GoBigOrGoHome
10-16-2011, 04:31 AM
Flipping a burger more than once (rotate it to mark it correctly, then flip. anything else is epic burger fail)
Grilling a piece of boneless, skinless chicken breast without first making it endure a visit with a tenderizing mallet
Guys who don't know which side of a chicken boob is the "show side"
Any steak no matter of cut cooked past medium
Overcooking a beautiful pork tenderloin for the sole purpose of watching it die, again
Steam table vegetables
Bagged salad mix
Out of season tomatoes
Dried herbs (I'm looking at you, dried basil)
Rotten food (seriously, mind your stores. that 1# of potatoes you have and know you won't eat could hit a soup kitchen, not the trash can).
The fact that Log Cabin and Mrs. Butterworth's can use the term 'pancake syrup' for artificially falovred corn sugar goop when there are people in this here country who bust their asses to harvest the 40 gallons of Maple Nectar it takes to make one gallon of legit, no sh*t Maple Syrup.
Off brand soda pop

For those of you who like food, visit our unofficial recipe thread (http://footballpros.com/showthread.php/998-FPL-Recipe-Thread).

mikesteelnation1
10-16-2011, 04:45 AM
Flipping a burger more than once (rotate it to mark it correctly, then flip. anything else is epic burger fail)
Grilling a piece of boneless, skinless chicken breast without first making it endure a visit with a tenderizing mallet
Any steak no matter of cut cooked past medium
Overcooking a beautiful pork tenderloin for the sole purpose of watching it die, again
Steam table vegetables
Bagged salad mix
Out of season tomatoes
Dried herbs (I'm looking at you, dried basil)
Rotten food (seriously, mind your stores. that 1# of potatoes you have and know you won't eat could hit a soup kitchen, not the trash can).
The fact that Log Cabin and Mrs. Butterworth's can use the term 'pancake syrup' for artificially falovred corn sugar goop when there are people in this here country who bust their asses to harvest the 40 gallons of Maple Nectar it takes to make one gallon of legit, no sh*t Maple Syrup.
Off brand soda pop

For those of you who like food, visit our unofficial recipe thread (http://footballpros.com/showthread.php/998-FPL-Recipe-Thread).

I will respectfully disagree. A properly brined chicken breast cooked over proper heat needs no tenderizing. Only time a tenderizing mallet comes into play is for chicken cordon bleu , when it needs to be thin and rolled. Hammering it just takes the moisture out of it. That's the difference between an ok piece of chicken and a great one.

GoBigOrGoHome
10-16-2011, 11:15 AM
I will respectfully disagree. A properly brined chicken breast cooked over proper heat needs no tenderizing. Only time a tenderizing mallet comes into play is for chicken cordon bleu , when it needs to be thin and rolled. Hammering it just takes the moisture out of it. That's the difference between an ok piece of chicken and a great one.

I can see your point. But using the flat side of a meat tenderizer on the show side of a chicken breast just enough to even out the thickness helps you to not end up with chicken jerky. I'm not talking about pounding it out like you do for a cordon bleu, just a few good whacks to get uniform thickness. Don't knock it 'til you try it, it makes a HUGE difference. Hit the chicken before it goes into the brine (or marinade). With some practice, you'll end up with chicken breast you can cut with a spoon.

packa7x
10-16-2011, 12:20 PM
Technique isn't just perspective. There's a right way and a wrong way to cook a pot roast, to prepare yellow fin tuna, to serve duck, whatever. It's about taste, temperature, texture, appearance--everything. You cook and eat however you want- I just want you to know how much better it is to live in a world of medium rare pork tenderloin.

Also, ketchup is disgusting.

Lol if you want to come over and cook me stuff your way, I'd be more than open to it. I'm not running a restaurant though, so throw appearance out the window. But the taste, temperature, and texture are perfect for me. I cook mine so that the outside is wellllllll done and the inside is all cooked, but still juicy. Melt a nice slice of cheddar on it and it's fantastic. And ketchup is disgusting on a burger, but cooked in the meat it's nice.

packa7x
10-16-2011, 12:22 PM
Is everyone on this frickin forum a professional chef?

packa7x
10-16-2011, 12:23 PM

I guess I don't rule. Enlighten me please?

packa7x
10-16-2011, 12:25 PM
With some practice, you'll end up with chicken breast you can cut with a spoon.

See that grosses me out. I don't want chicken with the consistency of like jello or something (you get what I'm saying). I want something much more edible.

Curtis
10-17-2011, 02:38 AM
I always pound my chicken breasts (I don't eat red meat) with a mallet to thin them down and marinade before I grill them. I grill 20 a week, slicing them for salads or added to pasta. Every piece is tender and delicious. All of my meals are pre-planned, based on my training and nutrition needs.

Since I've not had the chance to post much over the last few days, I would like to add some things that don't rule.
1. Clorox Bleach. My wife uses it to clean the kitchen, and I hate the smell.
2. Entitled fans.
3. Dallas Cowboys.
4. Comic book movie adaptations.
5. Standing in a grocery store line, next to people that stink

packa7x
10-17-2011, 08:48 AM
I just plain hate the grocery store.

Patrick Sullivan
07-27-2014, 07:29 PM
Semi-random old thread revival...

Bengals1181
07-27-2014, 07:35 PM

why?

brauneyz
07-27-2014, 07:35 PM
Maps. Just hate maps. Google map. Paper atlas. GPS. Hate 'em all.

OK, what I really hate is being directionally challenged, but mapping peeps getting rich off my misery is just plain cruel.

Patrick Sullivan
07-27-2014, 07:47 PM
mamabear, did you get lost?

brauneyz
07-27-2014, 08:35 PM
mamabear, did you get lost?

Pretty much routinely.

So, yes. :(

ScottDCP
07-28-2014, 11:46 AM

Try Wegmans.

Rich Gapinski
07-28-2014, 12:40 PM
From personal experience last night......... How weather is presented anymore does NOT rule. I blame The Weather Channel trying to become reality TV.

Last night, my county had a tornado warning. This is the third one in two years. I had ONE during my entire childhood (Though my family no longer lives there, I am only 4 miles away from my childhood home) and I was in a store at the time. The best part about spending 45 minutes in a small bathroom that isn't designed to hold 2 people and 2 dogs is when one of those dogs farts.

I think that local weather now completely jumps the gun with weather now. Yes, the possible area "with rotation" did pass over our house, so I happy that the technology is so good now to show such things, but I have to think that there is no way that the same exact geographical area is so much more susceptible to tornadoes. Obviously, it is kinda dumb not to take cover when they use the "warning" word, but I just don't think things are as bad as they say they are on most occasions. I'm just saying I doubt that we are seeing 27 times the amount of "rotating" systems. Plus, that fart really smelled.

Andy Freeland
07-28-2014, 04:30 PM
From personal experience last night......... How weather is presented anymore does NOT rule. I blame The Weather Channel trying to become reality TV.

Last night, my county had a tornado warning. This is the third one in two years. I had ONE during my entire childhood (Though my family no longer lives there, I am only 4 miles away from my childhood home) and I was in a store at the time. The best part about spending 45 minutes in a small bathroom that isn't designed to hold 2 people and 2 dogs is when one of those dogs farts.

I think that local weather now completely jumps the gun with weather now. Yes, the possible area "with rotation" did pass over our house, so I happy that the technology is so good now to show such things, but I have to think that there is no way that the same exact geographical area is so much more susceptible to tornadoes. Obviously, it is kinda dumb not to take cover when they use the "warning" word, but I just don't think things are as bad as they say they are on most occasions. I'm just saying I doubt that we are seeing 27 times the amount of "rotating" systems. Plus, that fart really smelled.

Watch Cincy TV some time. Every time there's any kind of weather warning within 100 miles the weathermen on every station break into the program for 20 minutes rambling about cloud cover in Paduka, KY. I always assumed that happened everywhere but have learned that it's much worse in Cincy than most places, sort of like police chases in L.A. I guess.

Patrick Sullivan
07-28-2014, 06:04 PM
Watch Cincy TV some time. Every time there's any kind of weather warning within 100 miles the weathermen on every station break into the program for 20 minutes rambling about cloud cover in Paduka, KY. I always assumed that happened everywhere but have learned that it's much worse in Cincy than most places, sort of like police chases in L.A. I guess.

Toledo TV is the same. I swear it would not surprise me if these wankers broke into the Super Bowl to tell me about the possibility of a storm.

edave
07-28-2014, 10:50 PM
LA has largely stopped doing cop chase and weather porn, although they were very popular through the nineties and well into the aughts.

The timing and success of the helicopter televised LA riots, followed by Malibu burning to the ground in the Green Meadow fire, then Malibu washing away in the early winter rains, followed by the Northridge earthquake and topped by the slow speed Bronco chase (that all happened in the space of about 25 months) had them crazed for a long time.

Every time it rained they'd trot out Storm Watch <insert year here>. Someone was running from the cops? Ignore all programming and watch someone do stupid stuff for a couple hours.

Eventually, police forces started asking them to stop following car chases, and without the notoriety, the quantity dipped appreciably. Having an hour of expensive original programming bumped in a major market for rain and car chases just became too expensive I think. We still get blurbs in the middle of shows from time to time, but it has to be pretty major to cause a full on interruption (fire can do it and yeah I'm a sucker for fire porn).

The age of the main talking heads of the major LA networks has also gone up... many of the people who were doing TV news when I arrived in the eighties are still doing it today. Don't think that has an affect but it's there.