PDA

View Full Version : Maurice Clarett Re-Enrolls @ Ohio State

DannyMilk
07-27-2010, 01:38 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/27/maurice-clarett-moves-ahead-with-a-second-chance-at-life/?related=1

I am a Big Ten fan, so I got to watch a lot of Clarett. When he went to the NFL, I thought he was a guarantee, can't miss. I have lived my entire life in Chicago, therefore I am constantly on my toes, wary, pessimistic at times; but Clarett was can't miss. He did everything wrong. EVERYTHING. Not just football choices, life choices, sans brain.

In Roger Goodell's NFL, Clarett doesn't get a chance I don't think. I know on the video chat the guys were talking about how the UFL wants to have a relationship with the NFL, and so I'm not sure he goes there. Perhaps if he does decide to get back (?) into shape, he can take his talents to South Be.....err America, or perhaps more realistically Canada.

More importantly, however, is will he learn. Vick hasn't learned, apparently Lawerence Taylor neither. Nor Dennis Rodman. So what could be changed with Clarett? Re-Enrolling (hopefully for the RIGHT reasons) in a University could be a start. He still has a chance, and I wish him luck.

Polishguy00
07-27-2010, 02:00 PM
He once asked my wife to write an English paper for him the first time he was enrolled at THE Ohio State University. With him and Lydell Ross in the OSU backfield at the same time it was pretty rough. Neither had the reputation for being anything but an annoyance to talk to. I really am trying to be as nice as possible in that description because the only time I met either one of them was the three times in one quarter that (I was Desk Manager at Morrill Tower) Mr. Ross need a lock change. Mr. Clarrett was in our building before moving off-campus for about 4 hours.

EDIT: My wife declined.

mjchefer
07-27-2010, 02:41 PM
Is he still eligible??? lol

GoBigOrGoHome
07-27-2010, 04:38 PM
Good for him. I'm no Buckeye fan, but a kid that age should get a shot at his education. Maybe the sweater-vest will keep an eye on him and help him get through school.

Bengals1181
07-27-2010, 04:40 PM
good for him trying to turn his life around.

Whammi
07-27-2010, 05:21 PM
Got to see Clarett play in High School and in college (What a waste of raw talent). He really could have been something special. Now he's going to have to rely on his mind instead of his God give talent, so best of luck to him.

Pruitt
07-27-2010, 05:23 PM
Is he finally finishing his medical degree?

Good for him.

BMW
07-27-2010, 05:25 PM
Got to see Clarett play in High School and in college (What a waste of raw talent). He really could have been something special. Now he's going to have to rely on his mind instead of his God give talent, so best of luck to him.

His mind is also from God, and the way it works is pretty impressive. Just saying....

mjchefer
07-27-2010, 06:18 PM
Is he finally finishing his medical degree?

Good for him.

No, He´s a Philosophy major.

DM138385
07-27-2010, 10:21 PM
If he really is serious about it then best of luck to him.