PDA

View Full Version : T.O. is a Bengal Getcha popcorn ready

StarvinMarvin
07-27-2010, 06:48 PM
1 year 2 mil with another 2 mil in escalators

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/27/to-picks-the-bengals/

JUMPAROUND
07-27-2010, 06:51 PM
It's gonna be great seeing TO and Ocho together. Every week is going to be a show. Party time!

Kosar19
07-27-2010, 06:52 PM
T.O. and Ochocinco. 3-5 years ago it wouldv'e been bizaro odd-couple. Now, maybe not so much, but will still give D-coordinaters enough to think about if TO still has anything left in the tank.

GBPKS
07-27-2010, 07:00 PM
Is it too late to kick the Jets off Hard Knocks and put the Bengals back on this year?

walzav31
07-27-2010, 07:02 PM
He has a year of gas left. His numbers look extra bad last year, but Chad had 53 rec for 530 yads with Ryan Fitzpatrick under center. This is a good thing for the Bengals.

ReaderM
07-27-2010, 07:23 PM
I honestly didn't think this was going to happen but I think it more telling that Bengals mangement and coaches are obviously very concerned about the progress of Antonio Byrant's knee and felt that this was a move they had to make. That being said, while I heard Palmer pushed for this, I hope this isn't a case of be careful what you wish for. T.O and 89 on one team, almost wish the Bengals were back on Hard Knocks this year

BMW
07-27-2010, 07:24 PM
He has a year of gas left. His numbers look extra bad last year, but Chad had 53 rec for 530 yads with Ryan Fitzpatrick under center. This is a good thing for the Bengals.

Palmer threw every pass but 11 last year, your looking at the 2008 stats. Chad had 72 rec for 1047 yards.

msclemons
07-27-2010, 07:25 PM
Chad Ochocinco, Terrel Owens and Antonio Bryant. Regardless of performance there's a lot of potential comedy gold in Cincy training camp

hassan812
07-27-2010, 07:27 PM
Carson, T.O., and Ochocinco will be able to let this work b/c they know their window is closing. T.O. and Chad are actually friends and I think Carson will not let things get out of hand. This will work out better than a lot of people think.

walzav31
07-27-2010, 07:33 PM
I said with Ryan under center because T.O. played with him last year and he's horrible. When I said His I was referring to T.O. sorry for the confusion. Chad played with him in 08.

GoBigOrGoHome
07-27-2010, 07:44 PM
Is it too late to kick the Jets off Hard Knocks and put the Bengals back on this year?

Oh man, that would be a circus.

Polishguy00
07-27-2010, 08:05 PM
After everything I said about T.O., if the contract is really only $2MM, then I think they got decent value. It is still a risk for the development of receivers for a team that needs to develop a few new ones and the first meeting between Quan Cosby or Jordan Shipley and T.O. may be more awkward than the NFL Draft interview with Erin Andrews, Quan Cosby and Bill Cosby; but it was decent value.

Bengals1181
07-27-2010, 09:25 PM
Palmer threw every pass but 11 last year, your looking at the 2008 stats. Chad had 72 rec for 1047 yards.

you missed his point. Chad had bad stats with Fitzpatrick, and then bounced back when Carson was back in the lineup. TO had subpar numbers with Fitzpatrick last year in Buffalo. Look for his numbers to go up with Carson.

Tinindian
07-27-2010, 09:27 PM
I think its a great place for him to land. The Bengals could use some help at reciever (since Cris refuses to come out of retirement) and TO should deliver for them. He still has eneough in the tank to get it done and they didn't overpay for him. Palmer has to be loving this. As long as the ego's can be kept in line this should work.

DM138385
07-27-2010, 09:38 PM
This should be a good landing spot for T.O., solid veteran QB, established head coach, playoff team last year, if he's got something left this is the perfect spot to show it.

Bunghole
07-27-2010, 10:14 PM
I think its a great place for him to land. The Bengals could use some help at reciever (since Cris refuses to come out of retirement) and TO should deliver for them. He still has eneough in the tank to get it done and they didn't overpay for him. Palmer has to be loving this. As long as the ego's can be kept in line this should work.

Well said and exactly. And I don't see it as a problem. If anything, Ocho will rub off on TO and those two will just have a ton of fun together. Expect Batman and Robin outfits and everything. And fines, which I don't care a whit about, but for the love of god...no excessive celebration penalties!

GiantsFaninToronto
07-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Palmer's sanity will be eroded by the end of the year.

jaGmen
07-27-2010, 10:56 PM
So what's their depth at WR gonna look like? Owens, 85, Bryant, slot- Shipley, keep Caldwell. Jones, Simpson are cut, Briscoe on PS. The first 3 should all start b/c they really don't have a FB

Bunghole
07-27-2010, 11:03 PM
Palmer's sanity will be eroded by the end of the year.

Extremely doubtful. Palmer is a rock.

So what's their depth at WR gonna look like? Owens, 85, Bryant, slot- Shipley, keep Caldwell. Jones, Simpson are cut, Briscoe on PS. The first 3 should all start b/c they really don't have a FB

You are forgetting Fui Vakapuna.

Andy Freeland
07-27-2010, 11:22 PM
According to bengals.com, Antonio Bryant has #81. Bryant wore #89 last year which is assigned to Jerome Simpson.

Colts01
07-27-2010, 11:26 PM
it will be fun to watch if nothing else
and will give chad A few more open looks for sure.

BuckeyeRidley
07-27-2010, 11:34 PM
it will be fun to watch if nothing else
and will give chad A few more open looks for sure.

Glad to see that you're a senior member Colts!!

Also, I think this is a Good signing (wonder what that episode of "The T.O. Show" is gonna look like; Just Sayin'!)

I like the fact that the team will have Vet Receivers and be able to play that strength especially in big rivalry games. This makes sense & the Bengals will be able to make this work.

I wonder how Antonio Bryant feels about this since HE was signed first & if he will give up his number to T.O.? Fun, Diva Times!! (Thanks for info. on Bryant's jersey number Andy!)

Colts01
07-27-2010, 11:48 PM
Glad to see that you're a senior member Colts!!

Thanks Buckeye,
will be interesting to see if T.O has one more great year in him,the Bengals are now a must follow

BuckeyeRidley
07-27-2010, 11:55 PM
Thanks Buckeye,
will be interesting to see if T.O has one more great year in him,the Bengals are now a must follow

Sure Thing Bro; I feel like they are competitors but T.O. coming in will help them & he will be a factor for their air game. This does help them & we'll see if Carson is still happy about T.O. by December! LOL!

msclemons
07-28-2010, 12:12 AM
I wonder how Antonio Bryant feels about this since HE was signed first & if he will give up his number to T.O.? Fun, Diva Times!! (Thanks for info. on Bryant's jersey number Andy!)

I'm more wondering what happens early in the season when TO looks over at Bryant and thinks "why is that guy making $5 million more than me?"

Bengals1181
07-28-2010, 12:23 AM

Bengals always keep at least 6 WR's. Add Briscoe to that list.

Bengals1181
07-28-2010, 12:25 AM
I'm more wondering what happens early in the season when TO looks over at Bryant and thinks "why is that guy making $5 million more than me?"

then he can go look in the mirror and say "if I had signed the deal they offered back in March I'd be making about $6 million and that guy wouldn't even be here stealing my stats"

Pattrick
07-28-2010, 12:35 AM
Lets hope the show on the field is a lot better than the show on VH1 cause both of the players shows on VH1 ("The TO Show" and "The Ultimate Catch w/ Chad Ochocinco") are UNBEARABLE TO WATCH!! LIKE SERIOUSLY HORRIBLE TELEVISION!!!!! Even my girlfriend who (god knows why) watches the hell out of reality tv and LOVES football, can't stand either one of those shows. It amazes me what people consider entertainment.

thephaze
07-28-2010, 02:22 AM
TO and OCHO-CINCO.

Who's gonna get all the media attention?

BubbaLove
07-28-2010, 03:12 AM
According to bengals.com, Antonio Bryant has #81. Bryant wore #89 last year which is assigned to Jerome Simpson.

It was probably unlikely that Simpson would make the roster before TO signed, but now? Looks like everyone will get thier numbers back. I guess it's just a matter of when.

msclemons
07-28-2010, 03:53 AM
then he can go look in the mirror and say "if I had signed the deal they offered back in March I'd be making about $6 million and that guy wouldn't even be here stealing my stats"

Touché! I didn't realize the Bengals had made an offer before now.

nickgage
07-28-2010, 08:22 PM
So now Cincy has two Prima Donna's: Ocho Oh-No and T.O. It's gonna be interesting to see which one has the first tantrum. Child please! :)

FLPackerFan
07-29-2010, 01:14 AM
I live in Sarasota where Ringling Bros Circus was created. Now I know it will now officially be in Cincinnati.

Colts01
07-29-2010, 01:15 AM
I live in Sarasota where Ringling Bros Circus was created. Now I know it will now officially be in Cincinnati.

ouch shots fired~!

BubbaLove
07-29-2010, 01:40 AM

Yes, Baraboo Wisconsin and Sarasota Florida are as close as the twin cities of Minneapolis and St Paul. I can see where you might make that mistake.

NorseOfCourse
07-29-2010, 03:45 AM
Without a doubt...the Bengals will not be mediocre this year. I have no doubt that they will either flop because of the T.O. & O-Cho drama or gel because of the duo. The start-up to this story is already humorous because of BOTH of them having their own reality TV show on VH1! These two, in addition to the Bengals new TE, could tinker with nostalgia by comparing them to the 98' Vikings. Cris Carter and Randy Moss piggybacked off of each other's skills to where one could be the decoy and one could be the primary. I don't know why that scenerio can't happen here. Neither of these guys are a vintage Randy Moss, but the very threat is enough to back the DB's up to where the Bengals TE can be effective. And whatever Running Back the Bengals have that decides to NOT play patty-cake with the Law, should be able to slice up the opposing defense to a decent degree.

Bunghole
07-29-2010, 09:31 AM
Cedric Benson was assaulted in a bar. He defended himself. No suspension. The end.