PDA

View Full Version : First impressions of the demo released on Xbox Live 7/27

OverTheTop
07-28-2010, 02:02 AM
The new game flow feature that has a coordinator talking into your ear is interesting and fun, but after one quarter I didn't trust the computer to pick my plays anymore and had to resort back to the traditional play calling. The animation system and graphics from the demo were impressive and definitely look like a level above Madden 10.

I laughed out loud when the team selection screen arrived and it says " exhibition - Colts vs. Jets " .....Even though EA may have wanted those teams on the demo because they are both trendy picks for the upcoming season, I found it ironic that it makes you play an exhibition game of Jets vs. Colts after all the criticism the Colts received in that late regular season game when they sat their starters in the 2nd half... essentially turning the 2nd half into an exhibition.

The hardest thing to get used to was not having turbo boost while running anymore, but I think it definitely makes the running game more realistic. The first game I played was tied 10-10 at the end of the 4th quarter and the demo was great because it lets you play out overtime. First time playing overtime on Madden 11 with the new NFL overtime rules was definitely awkward but fun.

Resdog154
07-29-2010, 03:49 PM
Disclaimer: I am not a diehard Madden guy, I pick up a new one every couple of years or so. That said, I did like the way gameflow really moved the game along quickly and hearing the coach in the headset was unique. Definitely a plus for the more casual fan, but I can't speak for the players who digs into the x's and o's of Madden NFL. I play a pc game that scratches that itch for me.