PDA

View Full Version : Ocho and Albert to be Cut?

hassan812
08-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Well these reports were quite surprising this morning.
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/301790?eref=twitter_feed

I don't see it happening, but if it did happen it would have to be b/c there are better options. I don't think he would cut them solely for sending a message to the locker room.

brauneyz
08-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Yup, if it happens it's because of $. More bang for the elsewhere. One to follow for sure ...

Amy
08-15-2011, 08:05 PM
I doubt it. I mean read that non-story: One *unnamed* NFL front office executive (not a Patriot official, or a coach of any sort) who allegedly is familiar with the Patriots way *belives* that they'll be cut for silly reasons that there are no basis for. And with EPSN's Pat's guy tweeting every last thing that happens at camp (which is *insanely* annoying), I think that we'd know if Albert or Chad were causing locker room issues. Brady was praising Chad in an interview today. Honestly, this seems to be yet another 'let's make up a story' story.

wxwax
08-15-2011, 11:22 PM
Wouldn't be nice if Haynesworth were causing *any* kind of issue?

Like on the practice field, for example?

The fat man hasn't practiced in what, more than a week?

wxwax
08-22-2011, 01:32 AM
Still no Albert.

2 weeks to go.

Is it possible for the fat man to make the squad without ever really practicing? Is Belichick that desperate?

Amy
08-22-2011, 03:55 PM
He doesn't need tons of practice to QB rush 15-20 times a game. It's not like we'll ask him to do anything fancy.

wxwax
08-22-2011, 05:23 PM
He doesn't need tons of practice to QB rush 15-20 times a game. It's not like we'll ask him to do anything fancy.

Is Belichick that kind of coach? Would he keep and play a guy who is so out of shape he can't even practice? Doesn't sound like him. That's why I asked about the level of desperation in New England. The pass rush must be in awful shape if Haynesworth is the only savior.

20 plays a game might be beyond him. *snigger* (Oh yes, I'm unabashedly hoping he fails.)

http://youtu.be/XFzp3uHua40

brauneyz
08-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Is Belichick that kind of coach? Would he keep and play a guy who is so out of shape he can't even practice? Doesn't sound like him. That's why I asked about the level of desperation in New England. The pass rush must be in awful shape if Haynesworth is the only savior.

20 plays a game might be beyond him. *snigger* (Oh yes, I'm unabashedly hoping he fails.)

http://youtu.be/XFzp3uHua40

Ya know, as a Skins fan you have bigger fish to fry than raggin' on Fat Albert & BB? Like maybe getting some wins? Division title? Just sayin' .... :confused:

GoBigOrGoHome
08-22-2011, 05:42 PM
I gotta admit it. Reading wxwax's little mini-rants on Haynesworth is amusing to me. I understand having that kind of distaste for a former member of the home team (see Millen, Matt, et. al.).

Has anyone noted why Al isn't practicing? Is it still an inability to pass the conditioning test? Or is he hurt and the Pats are just being the Pats and keeping it on the down low?

Amy
08-22-2011, 08:00 PM
He passed the conditioning test. As to why he's not practicing I dunno. Maybe to get the other new D-linemen more reps. Maybe he's not in great shape. Maybe Darth Hoody is just messing with everyone's heads. Maybe BB was waiting for the 22 last practices of the preseason, which are closed ones. Doesn't matter. If Al fails, we lost a 5. Big deal. If we succeed, we get much better. We've really upgraded the D-line this off season. I hope Al does well, but if he doesn't, oh well.

wxwax
08-22-2011, 10:25 PM
Ya know, as a Skins fan you have bigger fish to fry than raggin' on Fat Albert & BB? Like maybe getting some wins? Division title? Just sayin' .... :confused:

As you noted, I'm a fan, not a player, a coach or an owner.

My job is to make noise.

Job done.

You said "fry." I think you just woke-up Fat Albert.

wxwax
08-22-2011, 10:37 PM
Has anyone noted why Al isn't practicing? Is it still an inability to pass the conditioning test? Or is he hurt and the Pats are just being the Pats and keeping it on the down low?

I think it's obvious. Don't you?

He's a fat f*ck. Whether he has a sprained gut or a pulled flab doesn't really matter. Whatever's keeping him out of practice comes down to one thing: the man's 30 years old and for two years he let his body and his mind go. Like, in a big way.

24 days ago New England got him. I have a feeling it's going to take longer than 24 days to shake the jelly off of him and build a little muscle and aerobic conditioning. That's assuming he has the mental capacity and discipline to apply himself. It's safe to say that until the trade, he wasn't exactly a workout monster.

The time element is what I find interesting. 2 weeks until the season starts. How badly does Belichick need him? How far is he willing to bend his rules to make room for Haynesworth? As I said before, there would have be a degree of desperation about New England's pass rush for Haynesworth to stick around without practicing. For most coaches, that's a big no-no.

Amy
08-23-2011, 09:07 PM
I think it's obvious. Don't you?

He's a fat f*ck. Whether he has a sprained gut or a pulled flab doesn't really matter. Whatever's keeping him out of practice comes down to one thing: the man's 30 years old and for two years he let his body and his mind go. Like, in a big way.

24 days ago New England got him. I have a feeling it's going to take longer than 24 days to shake the jelly off of him and build a little muscle and aerobic conditioning. That's assuming he has the mental capacity and discipline to apply himself. It's safe to say that until the trade, he wasn't exactly a workout monster.

The time element is what I find interesting. 2 weeks until the season starts. How badly does Belichick need him? How far is he willing to bend his rules to make room for Haynesworth? As I said before, there would have be a degree of desperation about New England's pass rush for Haynesworth to stick around without practicing. For most coaches, that's a big no-no.

He practiced today. Last season our only weak spot was Pass Rush. So, giving Albert time makes sense. We've upgraded our D-line nicely, which should improve us. As for the time element, I disagree. Players start on PuP every season, or starters don't play much in the preseason. It doesn't mean desperation. And, if he fails it's a 5. Big deal.

wxwax
08-24-2011, 04:32 PM
He practiced today. Last season our only weak spot was Pass Rush. So, giving Albert time makes sense. We've upgraded our D-line nicely, which should improve us. As for the time element, I disagree. Players start on PuP every season, or starters don't play much in the preseason. It doesn't mean desperation. And, if he fails it's a 5. Big deal.

Well, he sort-of practiced.

I was going to post this thought yesterday, but tried to discipline my anti-Haynesworth bile.

Do you follow motor sports? Are you familiar with how race teams prepare a car that looks just like the real thing, but doesn't actually do much of anything except look good? They display them to the public at car shows, public events, that sort of thing. They call them "show cars."

Haynesworth was a show car yesterday. They stuck pads on him and trotted him out for people to see. But all he did was some individual drills. He didn't really practice. He was there to be seen, not to provide utility. A show car. I guess it's the Patriots way of telling him "We stand by you, Fat Albert, even if you did grope a waitress's boob."

I give the Pats credit for handling him better than Shanahan did. What Shanahan discovered too late is that Haynesworth can't be shamed. Apparently, he has no pride. That's not a quality you look for in successful athletes.

I have a lot of respect for Bill Belichick, although I think he may be wired wrong. I can see what he's doing with Haynesworth. I hope he fails, because I think Haynesworth is a despicable person. But it's very interesting to watch. And I'm curious to see what level of performance he can coax out of the guy this season.

wxwax
09-02-2011, 10:31 PM
I keep sticking pins in it, but nothing happens.

I'm starting to think this voodoo doll is a scam.

wxwax
09-25-2011, 01:31 AM
Maybe that voodoo doll is the real deal after all.

wxwax
11-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch!
Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead.
Wake up - sleepy head, rub your eyes, get out of bed.
Wake up, the Wicked Witch is dead. She's gone where the goblins go,
Below - below - below. Yo-ho, let's open up and sing and ring the bells out.
Ding Dong' the merry-oh, sing it high, sing it low.
Let them know
The Wicked Witch is dead!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHJoj9IqeKg

brauneyz
11-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Glad we made your day, wax. Now, stick pins in that 85 doll ...

wxwax
11-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Glad we made your day, wax. Now, stick pins in that 85 doll ...

:)

I don't have anything against the Ocho.

Amy
11-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Nope. The Witch is nice and alive. He coaches the Redskins. How's Rexy Beck working out for you down there?

As for Albert being cut, so what? We lost a 5 and 1.5 in salary. As I said in my write up of the Giants game, if for whatever reason he was not on the field for that last drive, the exact situation we want him in, he should be cut. He was. If it worked out, it would have been awesome. It didn't and cost the Pats a heck of a lot less then Arizona's miss with Kolb or Oakland's miss with Palmer.

wxwax
11-09-2011, 03:32 PM
If the Patriots were as defensive as you, they wouldn't be riding a 2 game losing streak. :)

Pruitt
11-09-2011, 04:00 PM
If the Patriots were as defensive as you, they wouldn't be riding a 2 game losing streak. :)

Zing!

This is how great rivalries are born.

Neutrals say: "More please!"

Amy
11-09-2011, 06:30 PM

It was the offense that cost us the last two games. So, now that the Bucs have picked up Albert, are you going to go haunt their team forums and complain about him all the time now? That claim, by the way, makes our price on the gamble 750k and a 5. Very reasonable.

wxwax
11-09-2011, 06:47 PM
It was the offense that cost us the last two games. So, now that the Bucs have picked up Albert, are you going to go haunt their team forums and complain about him all the time now? That claim, by the way, makes our price on the gamble 750k and a 5. Very reasonable.

I thought it was the defense on the field when New England gave up the game winning drive to the Giants. Did they put the offense on the field by mistake? That would explain things!

Albert's officially washed-up. All the noise surrounding him in New England was fun to make fun of. There's not going to be any more noise. Except laughter, maybe.

wxwax
11-09-2011, 07:50 PM
ps I'm just having some fun, Amy. I hope you're not taking any of my jibber-jabber seriously! No offense intended.