PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite thing a player does when reaching his objective?

lraybern
07-29-2010, 01:38 PM
Mine is when they get down on a knee to give thanks to God. Every player seems to do a dance( so fun to watch) or show their muscles. What is your favorite player or just ones love to see?

Colts01
07-29-2010, 01:45 PM
theres a joke in there somewhere:p......But this being a PG forum I would say I always liked Terrel Davis's mile high salute

lraybern
07-29-2010, 02:21 PM
I am a browns fan but, one game this guy got a touchdown and jumped right into the Dawg pound! I thought I am glad the camera is on Him or He might not come out! That was funny!

Andy Freeland
07-29-2010, 02:25 PM
Lambeau leap. Chad does some funny stuff (riverdance), but the Lambeau leap, at least to me, is about taking it to the fans. A little recognition for the guys that pay the freight.

Turk Schonert
07-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Mine is when they get down on a knee to give thanks to God. Every player seems to do a dance( so fun to watch) or show their muscles. What is your favorite player or just ones love to see?

Watching fat guys dance !!

lraybern
07-29-2010, 02:38 PM
Do you mean the blockers who sack Qbs?

Turk Schonert
07-29-2010, 02:46 PM
Do you mean the blockers who sack Qbs?

As a former QB I hate seeing those guys. I'm talking about fat offensive lineman dancing after a TD (The "Replacements")

lraybern
07-29-2010, 03:05 PM
Oh, no disrespect, I was tring to thinking of who is big.

Turk Schonert
07-29-2010, 03:09 PM
Oh, no disrecpect, I was tring to thinking of who is big.

No disrespect taken, just having fun with the question.

JUMPAROUND
07-29-2010, 03:10 PM
Lambeau Leap! Do it for the fans!

GBPKS
07-29-2010, 03:11 PM
Two words. Lambeau Leap.

Resdog154
07-29-2010, 03:37 PM
Handing the ball to the referee and going back to work is my favorite thing a player can do.

PhinsJunkie
07-29-2010, 04:02 PM
I'm a big fan of the leaping back-to-back bump!

Colts01
07-29-2010, 04:30 PM
Handing the ball to the referee and going back to work is my favorite thing a player can do.

yes..............

DM138385
07-29-2010, 11:42 PM
Watching fat guys dance !!

Fat guys dancing is unbeatable !!

msclemons
07-29-2010, 11:45 PM
I always like when the player uses some sort of prop to aggrandize his TD during a 44-7 beatdown. That lets me know the player really cares about the game, his team and the league.

End sarcasm.

Pruitt
07-30-2010, 10:15 AM
I always like when the player uses some sort of prop to aggrandize his TD during a 44-7 beatdown. That lets me know the player really cares about the game, his team and the league.

End sarcasm.

I saw Deon Sanders do this in a game in Buffalo when he was with the Falcons. The Bills (in their glory days) had been up by 3-4 TDs since the first quarter. Late in the third, Sanders picks off a pass and runs it back for TD. The last 10 yards, he was high-stepping and then he posed as he stepped into the end zone. The Falcons went on to lose by 4 tds.

What a contrast to Walter Payton who would score and then on the way out of the end zone, would flip the ball to a lineman who would then spike it.

bluestree
07-30-2010, 11:11 AM
Two best ever, Billy "White Shoes" Johnson, and Merton Hanks. You can't copy Hanks trademark celabration without a double jointed neck.

Polishguy00
07-30-2010, 11:55 AM
I only like the extremes. Either hand the ball off like Barry Sanders or Walter Payton's flip to the OT for a simple spike or go crazy. Do something like TO, Ochocinco and Joe Horn. Don't do something in the middle.

The best, sadly, is the Leap in that stadium north of Chicago with that team wearing those awful colors.

Pattrick
08-01-2010, 09:10 AM
I seriously dislike the showing off and the players that need to draw attention to themselves for some reason, probably because there was an absent parent or they weren't hugged enough as a child. I DESPISE IT when a player sacks the QB or tackles the RB behind the line and they get up and make a HUGE spectacle of it all. OR when they make a 1st down, like all the crap that Michael Irvin did. There is no reason to act that way. It takes away from the game and it really started with all the cocky self-righteous, idiotic Jimmy Johnson led Miami Hurricanes teams in the late eighties. just to be clear, when I say that, I mean the new age dancing after a 1st down or celebrating an injury.. I am well aware that dancing and showing off was around before all of that. If you look into it though, you will notice that all "The U" player took it to a new extreme and changed everything when they made it to the league. They made it worse and they all seem to be so proud of it. I also dislike the whole religious thing, I understand it being important to everyone in the locker room before and after the game but I don't think there's any reason they need to do it after they score a TD or things like that. If a player decides to kneel down and pray to God after they score a TD, I hope they were giving thanks to God and sending prayers to him before they were in the NFL and after they are out of the league. I hope that in high school they knelt down and gave prayers to God after finding out they made Varsity. Or when a pretty girl gave him their phone number. Or when they were voted home coming king. Or when they got their license. Or when they got their first paycheck. I also hope it continued into college where they should have dropped right down on their knees and gave thanks to god for giving him a good grade on a paper. Dropped down right there in front of everyone, held up the line or wasted valuable time in a class by making a spectacle. Or when they were able to room with their good friend in the dorms. Or when they found out they were the starter. Or when they were offered a scholarship from their first choice or safety school. I could go on and on but they should seriously not be making a spectacle of their faith. I'm a christian, I don't like it when the same people of my faith are acting that way. It offends me greatly. You know for a fact that the majority of the players (and people) you see on TV that do this huge attention seeking act, are not noble, decent, men of faith. They are the same people you hear about going out to strip clubs and making it rain or bringing their talents to south beach and having problems at those "fine, family friendly, wholesome" food and entertainment establishments. They are EXACTLY like the people who "find god" while they are serving a prison or jail term. I hope the commissioner REALLY cracks down on all of the endzone and key tackle, QB sack celebrations that are going on. I really think they're out of control and frivolous. If he doesn't crack the whip now and make an example out of the next player that does something extreme, I don't think the NFL will EVER be able to get it back under control. After that, we're only a few short steps and strippers away from being the XFL.

I think the best thing, and classiest thing, to do when the player reaches his objective is to "act like they've been there before", after scoring a touchdown or sacking the QB or making a key play. The NFL doesn't stand for "no fun league", it's "National Football League" and those celebrations have no place in football. An occasional emotional moment is completely expected and it's AWESOME to watch the players when that occurs but, those pre-planned, over the top, stupid party type celebrations should be punished more severely and gotten rid of. I know I have an unpopular view of this subject and I'm sure I'll hear about it from all "The U" alumni but thats ok. I'll debate with you. Just don't get personal and don't get nasty. It's hard to start and maintain an intelligent conversation when somebody gets personal and nasty. Thats why I like FPL, everyone seems to respect everyone else and we all have good, intelligent, clean discussions on a variety of subjects. Even "The Bachelorette", apparently.

lraybern
08-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Wow, I didnt think anyone would celebrate an injury, but are you saying everyone who gives thanks is a fraud? Thats judging isnt it? Only God knows a heart, Man looks on the outside, but God looks on the heart. Your reply really sounded like it came from the heart. I like this place!

Pattrick
08-01-2010, 01:31 PM
Only God knows a heart, Man looks on the outside, but God looks on the heart. Your reply really sounded like it came from the heart. I like this place!

Yeah it came from the heart. I agree with your views on man and god but, lets try to not bring up god and religion, people can easily be offended and conversations can quickly turn sour. Like I've said before, everyone is doing such an awesome job getting along and being welcoming of everyones views, isn't this a much better blog than the others? The longer you hang out here, the more you'll enjoy it. Pretty soon you'll be using FPL as your primary source for football news and discussion. I like this place too, it's much more civil than the others, you should tell everyone you know about FPL and get them to join. I have a facebook attachment and link on my profile if you want to check that out.
Now to get to business....

Wow, I didnt think anyone would celebrate an injury, but are you saying everyone who gives thanks is a fraud?

Yes players cheer an injury from time to time, it's uncommon but every now and then you'll see that horribly dark side of humanity. Remember when Michael Irvin got injured in Philadelphia in the late 90's? As soon as he was hurt, the fans started cheering and then a bunch of Eagles fans started to join them. It was a small group of players that joined in on the cheering of Irvin but still, it was a SEVERE injury and at the time it looked to be a life threatening injury. So yes, players do cheer sometimes when a rival player gets injured. Do I think that everyone who gives thanks is a fraud? No. However, I do think the majority of players kneeling down and praying to god are doing it just for show and just for their image. I know Drew Brees is very religious but he doesn't kneel down and start praying after he throws a TD, neither do the Manning Brothers and they were raised in a very religious household. The majority of players that are kneeling down and drawing attention to themselves are WR's. The type of people that play WR are the "Diva" type, the type that routinely draws attention to themselves. So, fraudulent? No......Media and fame obsessed attention seekers that are well aware of how fans and the public perceive them so they'll do just about anything to make their image and brand more marketable? YES!!!!!!!!! A million times yes. (I apologize for the run on sentence) Defensive players that celebrate are usually of the same mold as the "diva wr" but please let me read up and do a little more research and I'll give you a good number of examples.

Thats judging isnt it?

Yes. It's judging and I'm completely guilty of it. I never said I was a perfect Christian, or even a good Christian. I am not so insecure about my faith that I have to show tens of thousands that I'm "good" and I'm "giving all the credit" to God. I consider myself a better christian than others and I also believe my faith is stronger than others due to a major illness that is slowly killing me. It's sad that it took me being diagnosed of cancer and having that scare me back into believing and having faith a higher power all over again. I'm great now and there is nothing that can get between me and my faith. Do I feel bad for judging people? Sometimes, but only when the person I'm judging is trying to go un-noticed in the world and trying not to harm anyone. I don't feel bad for judging these people. They're basically begging for people to judge them and look at them sooooooooooooo.... no guilt.

lraybern
08-01-2010, 02:21 PM
I love this place too, So sorry to hear about your illness. I know that there are hard heads that snicker at others hurt, but I thought they would at least hide it! Thats just braisen. I am just glad all christians are covered , and He Makes us in right standing ! I was glad to hear you didnt think eveybody was a fake! As I say its hard not to talk from the heart! Keep talking from yours!

Wordsworth
08-01-2010, 04:09 PM
I like last year when MJD did the shopping cart dance for Rich Eisen from NFL Network.

lraybern
08-01-2010, 04:12 PM
This reminds me of this parable (Luke 18 verse 9-14) Everyone wants to be the humble one!!

Cris Collinsworth
08-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Lambeau Leap is harder than it looks. The wall is higher than you think, and there is slippery concrete as a launch pad which makes it tough in cleats. I am really surprised nobody has wiped out yet.

Pattrick
08-01-2010, 08:22 PM
I like last year when MJD did the shopping cart dance for Rich Eisen from NFL Network.

Do you know he received a $50 gift card from Albertsons or some place like that (maybe Kroger) for doing the shopping cart dance?

I thought the "Prada Suit" dance was creative and original. I actually liked that one, I could watch that one like 5 times in a row. I know, I'm lame.
I don't think Prada gave him anything for doing the dance though.

DaBearsFan
08-01-2010, 09:59 PM
Any ball spike is one that I enjoy, but especially the Walter Payton give to the lineman to spike it. The Lambeau Leap is nice, except for the stadium that it's in and the team that does it.

To throw another one out there, I always like the fake team picture. It's a fun gag (in my opinion) and gets the whole team involved

Wilfork
08-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Randy Moss....parting the defense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmlsiJcGLok

BayouBoys
08-02-2010, 03:21 AM
Randy Moss....parting the defense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmlsiJcGLok

This really is classic. Wow! I like the dunk in the field goal post from time to time. But the best thing I've ever seen a player do, was when drew brees held up that super bowl trophy. mmmm...too yummy!