PDA

View Full Version : Year 2: FootballPro.com League III [PPR/Snake]

ReaderM
08-16-2011, 08:26 PM
This will be the Official Thread for the 2nd Year of FP.com Leagues...League III

Commissioner for League is Trumpetbdw (http://footballpros.com/member.php/1209-Trumpetbdw)

Participants as of right now are :

DannyMilk
Darvon
EaglesNest
Hassan812
Packa
StarvinMarvin
Trumpetbdw
Colts01
Andy Freeland
red13
WarHawks
Mickyt1985

** Slots Filled Barring DaBearsFans having to commish FootballPros.com IV**

First order of business is to set up a Draft Date&time for each the league.Please discuss below your best available times and also Private Message your Commissioner with your e-mails so they know where to send the invites to each league too.

darvon
08-16-2011, 09:10 PM
Best Available Anytime August.

Trumpetbdw
08-16-2011, 09:35 PM
I'm leaning toward an evening draft, if that meshes with everyone. Let me throw out 5 dates, and I'd like for each person to respond with noting each date they're able to do it.

Thursday, August 25- Evening (9PM EDT, if it needs to be earlier or later for anyone, we can discuss later).
Sunday, August 28- Evening
Wednesday, August 31- Evening
Thursday, September 1- Evening
Sunday, September 4- Afternoon (1 PM or 2 PM EDT, again, we can move it around if need be)

Other dates can be possible, but let's stick with these 5 and see where that gets us.

darvon
08-16-2011, 09:45 PM
All work for moi Eastern Time Zone here.

Colts01
08-16-2011, 11:21 PM
Only Aug 28th is no good for me,everything else is fine,but whatever I can roll with it.

DaBearsFan
08-17-2011, 12:04 AM
All sound good for me, fwiw

Trumpetbdw
08-17-2011, 12:21 AM
Thanks for the responses so far. If you haven't already, please send me your info so I can update you once the league page is finalized.

Colts01
08-17-2011, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the responses so far. If you haven't already, please send me your info so I can update you once the league page is finalized.

What info do you need?

Andy Freeland
08-17-2011, 01:10 AM
What info do you need?

The usual. Bank account #, credit card #, ATM pin. Strictly for purposes of identification of course.

Trumpetbdw
08-17-2011, 01:18 AM
The usual. Bank account #, credit card #, ATM pin. Strictly for purposes of identification of course.

Those, plus your email. I'll simply use it for the purposes of sending all of your info to a Nigerian prince.

Colts01
08-17-2011, 01:27 AM
Those, plus your email. I'll simply use it for the purposes of sending all of your info to a Nigerian prince.

Ok got it,e-mail and DNA sample stat.

ReaderM
08-17-2011, 01:43 AM

Just make sure you CC in all those messages K :D

DannyMilk
08-17-2011, 03:40 AM
I agree, I have a draft and a family party the 28th...bachelor party the 27th, but I can always draft from the strip club, wearing my Vince Young jersey of course

ReaderM
08-17-2011, 03:44 AM
but I can always draft from the strip club, wearing my Vince Young jersey of course

Shouldn't you be Shirtless in that case??
http://215sports.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/vy.jpg

ReaderM
08-17-2011, 04:00 AM
League III spots are now filled after I realized that I was an idiot& slotted someone wrong.However,looks like DaBearsFan will be leaving soon to be the head coach of his own league so write this in pencil..I don't think Raheem Morris had a faster career path then that Lol

Trumpetbdw
08-17-2011, 11:14 AM
Just a reminder that all members need to send me a private message with your email address so that I can send you an invite for the league.

The league is not set up yet, but if you want a head start, it will be on nfl.com. We're using their default scoring with the exception that we'll be adding 1 point per reception.

A few questions to ponder...

-Would you like bonus points for 100 yards Rush/Rec, 300 yards Passing, 40+ yard TDs (3 each)?
-Would you like for Special Teams TDs to count for individual AND defense/ST, or just defense/ST?
-League veto powers for trades?

Personally, I hate vetoing trades, even bad ones. As long as there's no collusion, I have no problem with it. That said, the way I prefer it is that I review each trade, as opposed to the entire league, and if there's a question, I will email an impartial owner for his thoughts. Does this work? I think it helps to streamline the process.

Rosters...
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D/ST 6 Bench spots.

Let me know your thoughts, we'll go with the consensus.

packa7x
08-17-2011, 11:30 AM
Anything except for August 21st, 24th, and 28th....I have drafts all of those days.

hassan812
08-17-2011, 01:13 PM
August 25 and 28th work the best for me, but it looks like there are a few ppl who can't do it on the 28th. Would the 25th be a problem for anyone?

darvon
08-17-2011, 05:36 PM
The league is not set up yet, but if you want a head start, it will be on nfl.com.

I am not certain, but I thought Andy required all leagues to be on NBC?

Trumpetbdw
08-17-2011, 05:54 PM
I am not certain, but I thought Andy required all leagues to be on NBC?

nfl.com. I'm not sure if NBC has a free game or not, but he wanted us to keep it on the league mandated site, per Cris's request.

darvon
08-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Cool. I must have misread it.

red13
08-17-2011, 10:23 PM
I have no problem with any of the proposed draft dates.
As far as the bonus for yardage, etc. sounds good.
I don't like TDs counting twice though.
I have no problem giving sole veto power to the commish for trades.
Looking forward to this. Thanks!

Trumpetbdw
08-17-2011, 10:31 PM
I have no problem with any of the proposed draft dates.
As far as the bonus for yardage, etc. sounds good.
I don't like TDs counting twice though.
I have no problem giving sole veto power to the commish for trades.
Looking forward to this. Thanks!

Thanks for the input. I kind of agree with you on the TDs counting twice, but some people like to give credit to the individual, as well as the special teams, so figured I'd throw it out there. In my home league, I think I voted against that rule, but it passed anyway.

And I guess I am asking you guys to put trust in me with no real backing...

Trumpetbdw
08-17-2011, 11:07 PM
First of all, I've sent an invite to all that have submitted emails to me. If you haven't given me your email, please do so ASAP. Once you've given me your email, I'll send the invite to you as well.

Check the league settings for scoring, rosters, etc. I've decided to include 3 bonus points for big plays (40 yds+) and for benchmark numbers (100+ Rush/Rec, 300+ Pass). If there's huge backlash to that, let me know and I'll adjust accordingly.

A couple of other things to consider...

-Defense gives points for points allowed, but not for yardage. Are we cool with that? Doesn't matter either way to me, but if I had to vote, I'd vote in favor of yardage points.
Points would look like this...
<100 Total Yards= 10 pts
100-199= 7 pts
200-299= 4 pts
300-399= 1 pt
400-449= 0 pts
450-499= -1 pts
500+= -4 pts

-Free Agents. Waivers (set at 1 day). The three options are...
1. Priority will automatically reorder by inverse order of standings each Tuesday
2. Priority is maintained all year (inverse of draft order) with any team making a claim automatically moving to last priority.
3. Free Agent Acquisition Budget. We can use a Budget ($30, $50, $100) to acquire free agents throughout the course of the season.

red13
08-17-2011, 11:47 PM
If I had to vote on the defensive yardage points, I'd probably vote no, but it's not something I'd fight about. I vote for 1 or 2 for the FA option, just because you can get decimated by injuries, and a budget can be constraining.

Trumpetbdw
08-18-2011, 12:13 AM
I vote for 1 or 2 for the FA option, just because you can get decimated by injuries, and a budget can be constraining.

not as much as you think. Plus, $0 bids would be allowed. But 1 or 2 would be easier, and much more feasible for this league.

packa7x
08-18-2011, 10:50 PM
I'm good for anything except the 28th

packa7x
08-18-2011, 10:52 PM
#1 for FAs.

Trumpetbdw
08-19-2011, 12:29 AM
Draft is currently set for the 25th, which is only one week away. If I need to change it, I will, but that's the only date that is working for everyone at this point. So that means that I need emails ASAP. I've received emails so far from DaBearsFan, Darvon, Packa, Colts, and Red13. They have all been sent invites to the league.

Docta
08-19-2011, 04:38 AM
Check the league settings for scoring, rosters, etc. I've decided to include 3 bonus points for big plays (40 yds+)

3 points for big plays is a little extreme. Most of them are flukes anyway, and a player with 1 catch for 40 yards for the whole game could end up with 7 points.

And yes, I am stalking your league.

Trumpetbdw
08-19-2011, 09:24 AM
3 points for big plays is a little extreme. Most of them are flukes anyway, and a player with 1 catch for 40 yards for the whole game could end up with 7 points.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. 3 points for 40+ TDs only. But thanks for taking an interest.

darvon
08-19-2011, 01:43 PM
I am having problems registering with NFL.com. I will post when I am in.

darvon
08-19-2011, 09:14 PM
I am IN.

Trumpetbdw
08-20-2011, 01:22 AM
Good sign number 1. We are already blowing the other leagues away in posts.

Getting to my notifications now. Made it out for my 2nd ever visit to the HOF today. Trip 2 every bit as good as the first, helping my dad celebrate his 60th. But by far the best exhibit was where they had a collection of modern jerseys, and in the same case... Alex Smith AND Ted Ginn Jr. Side by side. It was earth-shattering.

Trumpetbdw
08-20-2011, 01:40 AM
Draft is currently set for the 25th, which is only one week away. If I need to change it, I will, but that's the only date that is working for everyone at this point. So that means that I need emails ASAP. I've received emails so far from DaBearsFan, Darvon, Packa, Colts, and Red13. They have all been sent invites to the league.

Add Dannymilk and Hassan to the list. Still waiting on 4. @DaBears- you sticking around with us?

DaBearsFan
08-20-2011, 02:12 AM
I'm gonna give ReaderM one more day and then I'll get in officially. As for the proposed rules:

Personally, no on extra rewards for either big plays or big yardage days, however I can live with whatever is decided. Not a huge deal. I've played in leagues that have done this and enjoyed them, even if it's not my personal preference.
No on double counting Special Teams TDs. Give them to the defense and that's it.
No on vetoing trades. If both sides agree to it and there's no collusion, then whatever.
Would love to do free agent budgeting, but waivers by the first method is okay by me too.
Scoring defenses: I'd prefer to do it by points allowed. Easier to keep track of and I think there is a lot more risk of giving up garbage time yards at the end of a game than garbage time points. In addition, by your scoring system, those yard distances are way to far apart to have any meaning IMO. Off the top of my head, I'd go under 200 as 10, 201-250 as 7, 251-300 as 4, 300-350 as 1, 351-400 as 0, 401-450 as -1 and over 450 as -4.

All of this is just my opinion though. Do whatever you want ultimately.

DannyMilk
08-20-2011, 02:15 AM
Good sign number 1. We are already blowing the other leagues away in posts.

Getting to my notifications now. Made it out for my 2nd ever visit to the HOF today. Trip 2 every bit as good as the first, helping my dad celebrate his 60th. But by far the best exhibit was where they had a collection of modern jerseys, and in the same case... Alex Smith AND Ted Ginn Jr. Side by side. It was earth-shattering.

I wonder if Ted Ginn Sr. would even care lol

Trumpetbdw
08-20-2011, 09:50 AM
I'm gonna give ReaderM one more day and then I'll get in officially. As for the proposed rules:

Personally, no on extra rewards for either big plays or big yardage days, however I can live with whatever is decided. Not a huge deal. I've played in leagues that have done this and enjoyed them, even if it's not my personal preference.
I think we're going to keep this. I like rewarding good performances.

No on double counting Special Teams TDs. Give them to the defense and that's it.
Agreed and done.

No on vetoing trades. If both sides agree to it and there's no collusion, then whatever.
Agreed and done.

Would love to do free agent budgeting, but waivers by the first method is okay by me too.
Agreed. Would love to, and I think it's the fairest method, but I think keeping things simple for this season with waivers would be best. If we have the same guys next year, maybe we can start to add a little more.

Scoring defenses: I'd prefer to do it by points allowed. Easier to keep track of and I think there is a lot more risk of giving up garbage time yards at the end of a game than garbage time points. In addition, by your scoring system, those yard distances are way to far apart to have any meaning IMO. Off the top of my head, I'd go under 200 as 10, 201-250 as 7, 251-300 as 4, 300-350 as 1, 351-400 as 0, 401-450 as -1 and over 450 as -4.

All of this is just my opinion though. Do whatever you want ultimately.
I was going strictly by the options I was given on nfl.com, which are very limited. We're going to avoid scoring for yards. Unfortunately, the free sites limit some options for scoring, keeping things fairly standard, but not always ideal. I also prefer having OT player declarations in case of ties, but that's not an option either. Although if we all agree, it's something that can easily be declared and tabulated on our own.

red13
08-20-2011, 12:08 PM
"I was going strictly by the options I was given on nfl.com, which are very limited. We're going to avoid scoring for yards. Unfortunately, the free sites limit some options for scoring, keeping things fairly standard, but no always ideal. I also prefer having OT player declarations in case of ties, but that's not an option either. Although if we all agree, it's something that can easily be declared and tabulated on our own."

"OT player declarations" - new to me, can you explain?

Trumpetbdw
08-20-2011, 12:57 PM
"OT player declarations" - new to me, can you explain?

In my home league, beyond our starting lineups, we declare one player that's on our bench as an OT player (non-QB). Then, if there's a tie, we use the OT player to determine an outcome. Since regular season NFL has one OT or a tie, we do the same. We then extend OT options for the postseason.

This is not an official option on the nfl.com site, but if we want to do it, all we'd have to do is declare either on the league page, or to me, and it will be easy to keep track.

DaBearsFan
08-20-2011, 01:20 PM
In my home league, beyond our starting lineups, we declare one player that's on our bench as an OT player (non-QB). Then, if there's a tie, we use the OT player to determine an outcome. Since regular season NFL has one OT or a tie, we do the same. We then extend OT options for the postseason.

This is not an official option on the nfl.com site, but if we want to do it, all we'd have to do is declare either on the league page, or to me, and it will be easy to keep track.

I'd be fine with that. It's better than ties.

ReaderM
08-20-2011, 03:54 PM
Sorry Sorry Sorry..Bit of Housekeeping for the Leagues..Unless DaBearsFans feel like pulling Double Duty in 2 different leagues, replacing DaBearsFans with EaglesNests. Though if DaBearsFans says doesn't mind pulling double duty, then this post is null and void

DaBearsFan
08-20-2011, 04:20 PM
I will step down and solely work on FP IV. Give the spot to EaglesNest. Have fun guys.

Trumpetbdw
08-20-2011, 07:53 PM
Welcome, Eagles. PM me your email. Thanks

Andy Freeland
08-20-2011, 08:33 PM
I finally got around to reading this entire thread. I'm not a big fan of bonus points for big plays, but I'll go with whatever the majority rules. Like everyone else, I like option #1 for waivers.

I'm good with the 25th for the draft. I found it interesting that 2 of the proposed dates were Sundays, when I typically have a fairly well publicized previous engagement. I will assume that was before I officially joined the league, not an attempt to keep me out of the draft because it's so obvious that I will win this league.

Trumpetbdw
08-20-2011, 09:01 PM
I finally got around to reading this entire thread. I'm not a big fan of bonus points for big plays, but I'll go with whatever the majority rules. Like everyone else, I like option #1 for waivers.

I'm good with the 25th for the draft. I found it interesting that 2 of the proposed dates were Sundays, when I typically have a fairly well publicized previous engagement. I will assume that was before I officially joined the league, not an attempt to keep me out of the draft because it's so obvious that I will win this league.

Wait, you work? Yeah, I guess in retrospect, including Sundays was not a good plan.

And keep the comments coming. I can make adjustments to scoring up through the draft, but not following.

ReaderM
08-20-2011, 09:12 PM

Well that Docta has broken the ice on cross league talking...

I say stick with Bench points as the tie breaker, it's simple easy and requires less work for all Lol.

Free Agents. Waivers (set at 1 day). The three options are...
1. Priority will automatically reorder by inverse order of standings each Tuesday
2. Priority is maintained all year (inverse of draft order) with any team making a claim automatically moving to last priority.
3. Free Agent Acquisition Budget. We can use a Budget ($30, $50, $100) to acquire free agents throughout the course of the season.

If you can do the in NFL.com..How the heck don't they have auction drafting??

Trumpetbdw
08-20-2011, 09:14 PM
Well that Docta has broken the ice on cross league talking...

Clearly this league has already become the standard for FP fantasy. Even people who aren't involved with our league feel the need to be included...

Trumpetbdw
08-20-2011, 09:39 PM
I say stick with Bench points as the tie breaker, it's simple easy and requires less work for all Lol.

My only issue with this...

There is no set requirement, nor should there be, in how to set our reserves, and we certainly don't set them based on total points. With 6 bench spots, if someone were to select 3 QBs, it gives them a clear advantage for any tie-breaker. By selecting a single player as an OT option, it evens up the playing field, and you don't have to take bench points into (small) consideration when drafting. And if it's still tied, it's still tied. Ties are a part of the game, until the playoffs come around.

Trumpetbdw
08-21-2011, 10:01 AM
I've gotten the info from 9 of you, so thank you. I've PMed the other 3 people with the info, so hopefully we'll all be signed in and accounted for shortly.

Thursday appears to still be good for everyone.

packa7x
08-21-2011, 11:06 AM
My only issue with this...

There is no set requirement, nor should there be, in how to set our reserves, and we certainly don't set them based on total points. With 6 bench spots, if someone were to select 3 QBs, it gives them a clear advantage for any tie-breaker. By selecting a single player as an OT option, it evens up the playing field, and you don't have to take bench points into (small) consideration when drafting. And if it's still tied, it's still tied. Ties are a part of the game, until the playoffs come around.

If somebody wants to win by bench points and sacrifice their depth at other position, let them. Ties aren't very frequent. Are we doing fractional points?

Eaglesnest
08-21-2011, 04:00 PM
I am sure you all know or have this app already for your phone but if not here is the link for the I tunes store for the NFL fantasy football app
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nfl.com-fantasy-football-2011/id393689120?mt=8 I also put this link on the message board

red13
08-21-2011, 07:48 PM
If somebody wants to win by bench points and sacrifice their depth at other position, let them. Ties aren't very frequent. Are we doing fractional points?
I agree, using bench tiebreaker points are okay with me. And if you look at the settings on NFL.com, fractional points are allowed.

Trumpetbdw
08-21-2011, 08:27 PM

The scoring system that we were asked to go with is 1 point per 10 yards, as opposed to .1 per yard. That said, fractional points are activated, so if they include them, great. To be honest, I hate fractional points, but will get over it if they allow it.

We can do bench. Single player nor bench can be officially calculated on the site anyway, I'll have to adjust for the 1 or 2 ties we actually have. I was just volunteering to do the legwork on making this as close to the NFL rules as possible.

GiantsFaninToronto
08-21-2011, 09:26 PM
I'm in. :)

Docta
08-21-2011, 09:32 PM
I'm in. :)
You're in the second league, but thanks anyway. ;)

GiantsFaninToronto
08-21-2011, 09:47 PM
Oops. Which thread is that? LOL

Docta
08-21-2011, 11:15 PM
Oops. Which thread is that? LOL
http://footballpros.com/showthread.php/7283-Year-2-FootballPro.com-League-II-Auction-Standard

Not an auction league anymore though.

packa7x
08-22-2011, 01:25 PM
I had a PC snafu and I can't draft on Thursday unless I can find an iPad app that let's me draft on NFL.com or I can get on a friend's PC. I'll set my pre draft rankings and hope for the best :/

Trumpetbdw
08-22-2011, 02:16 PM
I am sure you all know or have this app already for your phone but if not here is the link for the I tunes store for the NFL fantasy football app
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nfl.com-fantasy-football-2011/id393689120?mt=8 I also put this link on the message board

Hey Pack, would this app that Eaglesnest posted work? Would hate to see you miss out.

Trumpetbdw
08-22-2011, 09:31 PM
UPDATE: For the members of the most popular fantasy league on FPlanet. Draft is STILL on for Thursday at 9 EDT, 8 Central, 4PM Hawaii, 2AM London. We're still waiting on 4 individuals (Andy, StarvinMarvin, Warhawks, Mickeyt1985) to sign up. Please do so ASAP to put my mind at ease, if for nothing else. Thanks

packa7x
08-22-2011, 10:48 PM
Hey Pack, would this app that Eaglesnest posted work? Would hate to see you miss out.

No, it only works on iPhones and it doesn't let you draft. I don't understand why the NFL hasn't made an app yet to draft. Even if they had to charge for it, get with the times.

Trumpetbdw
08-22-2011, 10:59 PM
No, it only works on iPhones and it doesn't let you draft. I don't understand why the NFL hasn't made an app yet to draft. Even if they had to charge for it, get with the times.

Well, regardless, we're hoping you can figure something out and join us.

packa7x
08-23-2011, 05:49 PM
I'm doing the best I can. I also have a little date lined up now too ;) ugh. I'm tempted to say "heyyyyy do you have a PC??" but that doesn't fly with the ladies.

Andy Freeland
08-23-2011, 06:37 PM
UPDATE: For the members of the most popular fantasy league on FPlanet. Draft is STILL on for Thursday at 9 EDT, 8 Central, 4PM Hawaii, 2AM London. We're still waiting on 4 individuals (Andy, StarvinMarvin, Warhawks, Mickeyt1985) to sign up. Please do so ASAP to put my mind at ease, if for nothing else. Thanks

I'm all signed in, finally. Looks like we're still waiting on 3.

If StarvinMarvin doesn't sign up maybe we can get KYBengalsFan to take his place. What ever happened to that guy?

Trumpetbdw
08-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Yeah, 48 hours and we're still only at 9. All have been PM'd on how to access the site. At what point do we consider opening this up to others so we can fill the remaining spots. Other than the famished one, the other two have only combined for less than 10 posts, so who knows with them. I'm hoping we'll get them.

red13
08-23-2011, 10:43 PM
Yeah, 48 hours and we're still only at 9. All have been PM'd on how to access the site. At what point do we consider opening this up to others so we can fill the remaining spots. Other than the famished one, the other two have only combined for less than 10 posts, so who knows with them. I'm hoping we'll get them.
you almost have to do it now, don't you think?
or you could change the draft date?

packa7x
08-24-2011, 09:58 AM
Open it up today. Make sure this thing happens.

darvon
08-24-2011, 10:07 AM
If you have to, cut it down to 10.

Andy Freeland
08-24-2011, 10:45 AM
Let's give Marvin a few more hours before we open it up.

red13
08-24-2011, 11:23 AM
If you have to, cut it down to 10.
yeah, cutting it back to 10 isn't a bad idea. just keep us posted.

Trumpetbdw
08-24-2011, 08:09 PM
Marvin has gotten in touch with me, and confirmed he's good to go. He just hasn't signed up on the nfl.com site yet.

As for the other two, they've combined for 5 posts, Mickeyt hasn't been on since Aug 16, and Warhawks first signed up for the site on Aug 16, and hasn't been back since.

So we have 10. I can eliminate, or we can open things up to any regular member (50 posts or more) who'd maybe like to jump in on a second draft.

My decision... I'll set it to 10, but send out an email opening up the two spots to regulars. If 2 respond, we'll go with 12. If 1 or none respond, we'll stick with 10. And Starvin, if you read this, please sign your team up on the site. That way, even if something happens and you can't attend, at least it will autopick for you.

darvon
08-24-2011, 08:12 PM
I would like to put up a prize for our league. A hat. Is that OK Mr. Commish?

Trumpetbdw
08-24-2011, 08:14 PM
I would like to put up a prize for our league. A hat. Is that OK Mr. Commish?

A prize would be spectacular. Is this the same site-related hat (or shirt) that everyone's still waiting on from last year, or is this a darvon special?

Trumpetbdw
08-24-2011, 08:17 PM
ATTENCION FP MEMBERS!!!

If you have a post count of at least 50, and would like to participate in our PPR league, there are now 2 spots available, first come first serve. This is available to ANYONE, whether you're already in an FP related fantasy league or not. If you're interested, reply to this post, or PM me, and I'll hook you up.

If we only end up with 0 or 1 interested, then we'll have to keep our league at 10 members. DRAFT IS SET FOR 9PM EDT Tomorrow (Thursday)

Thanks!

DaBearsFan
08-24-2011, 08:35 PM
If you need one, I can jump back in.

Andy Freeland
08-24-2011, 09:03 PM

We should definitely re-engage DBF if he's interested, so he's not left out in the cold if FP IV doesn't fly.

Trumpetbdw
08-24-2011, 09:13 PM

You're the man. Never wanted to see you go in the first place. Do you still have the signup info?

Trumpetbdw
08-24-2011, 09:15 PM
I guess you should only hold up to make sure we get a 12th and make it even. That said, a 12th should be guaranteed. Afterall, this is the most popular fantasy league in the history of FP. Who wouldn't want to join in with us? I should be fighting prospective members off with a stick.

DaBearsFan
08-24-2011, 09:18 PM
You're the man. Never wanted to see you go in the first place. Do you still have the signup info?

Yeah I still got it. I'll wait to see if there's a 12th before I use it.

Andy Freeland
08-24-2011, 09:54 PM
With the first pick in the 2011 draft, team 'I can ban you for life from FP if you beat me' selects Quarterback Brett Favre, team to be determined.

darvon
08-24-2011, 10:05 PM
You and Jim Irsay..

Trumpetbdw
08-24-2011, 10:20 PM
With the first pick in the 2011 draft, team 'I can ban you for life from FP if you beat me' selects Quarterback Brett Favre, team to be determined.

So you're threatening "ninja watch 2011"?

Trumpetbdw
08-24-2011, 11:11 PM
One more needed!

hassan812
08-25-2011, 03:30 PM
si is it just going to be 10 man?

DaBearsFan
08-25-2011, 03:54 PM
Hassan- it will be unless one more decides they want to jump in within the next few hours.

darvon
08-25-2011, 08:42 PM
9 PM eastern. Are we going to CHAT?

Trumpetbdw
08-25-2011, 08:50 PM
9 PM eastern. Are we going to CHAT?

Sure, we can either do it directly on the draft page, or we can chat here. It's up to you guys. I'm a terrible multi-tasker, but I'll do my best.

Trumpetbdw
08-25-2011, 08:53 PM
We have 12! A little more than an hour to go time. I guess we should include a chat on this site for anyone who'd like to join in on the discussion.

Trumpetbdw
08-25-2011, 08:53 PM
Draft order will be randomized 30 minutes prior to the draft.

darvon
08-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Does the draft page have a chat?

Docta
08-25-2011, 09:21 PM
Does the draft page have a chat?
It does, but it's not as big as ours.

Trumpetbdw
08-25-2011, 09:29 PM
There will be a sidebar on the draft page available for chat, but moving the chat here can incorporate more than just us, and others can rip our picks as they happen. So I encourage all FPeeps to join us for a live chat during our live draft at 9PM.

Trumpetbdw
08-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Just kidding. No chat from us. The draft page will be enough.

DaBearsFan
08-25-2011, 11:48 PM
Well, we have just completed our draft. My team (#5 pick)- Tony Romo, LeSean McCoy, Frank Gore, James Starks, Mike Tolbert, Ronnie Brown, Mike Wallace, Steve Johnson, Sidney Rice, Steve Smith, Johnny Knox, Anthony Armstrong, Vernon Davis, Giants Defense, Robbie Gould.

I didn't plan on going RB/RB in a PPR league, but I liked the value of McCoy and Gore. I feel like Wallace is going to be a top 5 WR this year, so I'm glad to have him. I wanted to get a good QB early but most of them got taken earlier than I expected. I still feel like I got good value for him and think that he'll be fine fantasy wise this year (plus, I think Dallas will throw a lot this year). Don't usually like to get a TE early, but when I got Davis there was no one else I really liked. I feel like I got a ton of "lottery tickets", and just need one or two of them to break out and this will be a killer team.

Trumpetbdw
08-26-2011, 12:43 AM
We have completed our draft. I created a really nice spreadsheet, color coated by position, but couldn't figure out how to share that with everyone. So I had to cut and paste. We'd love to hear some evaluations. Here are the teams (in draft order)...

Pick 1
Morning Woodheads (Hassan)
Adrian Peterson
Larry Fitzgerald
Matt Forte
Jahvid Best
Wes Welker
Josh Freeman
BenJarvus Green-Ellis
Marcedes Lewis
Santana Moss
Braylon Edwards
Kyle Orton
Danny Amendola
Ravens
Ben Watson
Sebastian Janikowski

Pick 2
4ManWolfpack (DannyMilk)
Arian Foster
Peyton Hillis
Matt Ryan
Marques Colston
Dwayne Bowe
Daniel Thomas
Owen Daniels
Pierre Thomas
Mike Thomas
James Jones
Steve Breaston
Thomas Jones
Mark Sanchez
Falcons
Stephen Gostkowski

Pick 3
Creatine Bombers (Colts01)
Ray Rice
LeGarrette Blount
Vincent Jackson
Matt Schaub
Joseph Addai
Plaxico Burress
Brandon Pettigrew
Sam Bradford
Davone Bess
Greg Olsen
Jordy Nelson
Jerome Harrison
Jets
Jordan Shipley
Tony Moeaki

Pick 4
Packa7x (Packa7x) (Autopick)
Chris Johnson
Darren McFadden
Steven Jackson
Peyton Manning
Brandon Marshall
Kenny Britt
Jimmy Graham
Packers
Mason Crosby
Jay Cutler
Roy Williams
Ryan Torain
Chris Cooley
Robert Meachem
DeMarco Murray

Pick 5
DBF's Cleverly Named Team (DaBearsFan)
LeSean McCoy
Frank Gore
Mike Wallace
Tony Romo
Steve Johnson
Vernon Davis
Sidney Rice
Mike Tolbert
Steve Smith (Car)
James Starks
Johnny Knox
Ronnie Brown
Anthony Armstrong
Giants
Robbie Gould

Pick 6
Otto Graham Crackers (mkocs6)
Jamaal Charles
Hakeem Nicks
DeSean Jackson
Jermichael Finley
Ben Roethlisberger
Mark Ingram
Marshawn Lynch
Mike Sims-Walker
Michael Crabtree
Kevin Kolb
Deion Branch
Tashard Choice
Nate Kaeding
Aaron Hernandez
Lions

Pick 7
Warden Norton's Bullet (red13)
Andre Johnson
Tom Brady
DeAngelo Williams
Dez Bryant
Ryan Grant
Mario Manningham
Tim Hightower
Matthew Stafford
Danny Woodhead
Austin Collie
Malcom Floyd
Jared Cook
Javon Ringer
Bears
Neil Rackers

Pick 8
Eaglesnest (Eaglesnest)
Michael Turner
Philip Rivers
Reggie Wayne
Shonn Greene
Brandon Lloyd
Fred Jackson
Kellen Winslow
Rob Gronkowski
Pierre Garcon
Eagles
Lance Moore
Donovan McNabb
Brent Celek
Chargers
Alex Henery

Pick 9
Dalton's Deadbeats (StarvinMarvin)
Maurice Jones-Drew
Roddy White
Miles Austin
Knowshon Moreno
Cedric Benson
Percy Harvin
Joe Flacco
Tony Gonzalez
AJ Green
LaDainian Tomlinson
Hines Ward
Zach Miller (Sea)
Matt Cassel
Patriots
Matt Bryant

Pick 10
Darvon's Dangerous Duds (Darvon)
Michael Vick
Greg Jennings
Felix Jones
Ryan Mathews
Chad Ochocinco
Dallas Clark
Emmanuel Sanders
Darren Sproles
Jacoby Ford
Roy Helu
Donald Driver
Delone Carter
Arrelious Benn
Josh Brown
Maurice Morris

Pick 11
Social Assassins (Trumpetbdw)
Aaron Rodgers
Calvin Johnson
Antonio Gates
Santonio Holmes
Mike Williams (TB)
Beanie Wells
Jonathan Stewart
Reggie Bush
CJ Spiller
Eli Manning
Willis McGahee
Steelers
Nate Burleson
Andre Roberts
Billy Cundiff

Pick 12
Cincinatti Celts (Andy)
Rashard Mendenhall
Drew Brees
Jeremy Maclin
Ahmad Bradshaw
Jason Witten
Anquan Boldin
Julio Jones
Brandon Jacobs
Steve Smith (Phi)
Michael Bush
Lee Evans
Ben Tate
Kevin Boss
Saints
Rob Bironas

Trumpetbdw
08-26-2011, 12:47 AM
My goal coming into this thing was to try and become the first fantasy team in history to win a title with a RB stable of Beanie Wells, Jonathan Stewart, Reggie Bush, CJ Spiller, and Willis McGahee. Mission accomplished!

red13
08-26-2011, 12:57 AM
Any evaluation from you Trumpetbw? By the way, thanks for offering to be the commish.
My own team eval - I like my QBs and WRs, but I'm not entirely happy with my RBs. I have a lot of potential for boom or bust there. And all of my handcuffs got drafted before I could get them.
With only two preseason weeks played, and projections being what they are, I have to say I like DaBears and mkocs6's teams pretty well. Those were the last two teams in, they may end up kicking our butts. Or not.

red13
08-26-2011, 01:02 AM
My goal coming into this thing was to try and become the first fantasy team in history to win a title with a RB stable of Beanie Wells, Jonathan Stewart, Reggie Bush, CJ Spiller, and Willis McGahee. Mission accomplished!

I think your WRs are really strong though, definite trade potential there. 3 #1s is never a bad thing.

Trumpetbdw
08-26-2011, 01:03 AM
I'll throw something out there, but I want a little time to digest it. And I want to do it right.

packa7x
08-26-2011, 11:00 AM
What an awful team. My god.

packa7x
08-26-2011, 11:06 AM
My pick for the early favorite has to be mkocs6

packa7x
08-26-2011, 11:08 AM
I'll throw something out there, but I want a little time to digest it. And I want to do it right.

i got 3 stud #1 backs...definitely in the market for a WR :)

packa7x
08-26-2011, 11:08 AM

Trumpetbdw
08-26-2011, 11:47 AM
Williams and James Stewart for either SJax or McFadden?

red13
08-26-2011, 01:58 PM

I'd be willing to talk trade also...

red13
08-26-2011, 03:39 PM
I'd be willing to make Dez available in a package, like + Woodhead.

Andy Freeland
08-26-2011, 04:33 PM
This is a ppr league. Last year a TE led the Raiders in receiving. So I think Kevin Boss for Darren McFadden would be more than fair.

Actually packa, if Johnson and Manning play early your starters are really strong. Your bench is pretty weak though.

Eaglesnest
08-26-2011, 09:43 PM
I set up my trading block and noticed no one else has done this. Are we going to discus trades from here?? Or both I guess. Anyway I have mine set up if anyone is interested in trading anyone???

DaBearsFan
08-26-2011, 10:51 PM
I set up my trading block and noticed no one else has done this. Are we going to discus trades from here?? Or both I guess. Anyway I have mine set up if anyone is interested in trading anyone???

I have always been one of those guys that is willing to listen to any offer on any of my players. However, if I want a trade I'll come to you (rather than set up a trading block), whether that's because I see a player I like on your team or whether there's a guy I don't think is useful to me and I can get help elsewhere.

Trumpetbdw
08-26-2011, 11:51 PM
I have always been one of those guys that is willing to listen to any offer on any of my players. However, if I want a trade I'll come to you (rather than set up a trading block), whether that's because I see a player I like on your team or whether there's a guy I don't think is useful to me and I can get help elsewhere.

What? McCoy for Gronk seems fair

DaBearsFan
08-26-2011, 11:55 PM
What? McCoy for Gronk seems fair

I said listen. I don't waste much time on listening to useless offers though.

packa7x
08-27-2011, 12:07 AM
This is a ppr league. Last year a TE led the Raiders in receiving. So I think Kevin Boss for Darren McFadden would be more than fair.

Actually packa, if Johnson and Manning play early your starters are really strong. Your bench is pretty weak though.

Yeah, my team is stacked at RB and has question marks at every position. Will Peyton play? Will Johnson play? Will Britt be suspended?

packa7x
08-27-2011, 12:17 AM
I'd be willing to talk trade also...

If Andre Johnson is on the table, we can talk

packa7x
08-27-2011, 12:20 AM
Williams and James Stewart for either SJax or McFadden?

I'd like to see what's going on with Britt first. Williams is intriguing, but he's not necessary yet.

red13
08-27-2011, 12:28 AM
If Andre Johnson is on the table, we can talk

What are we talking about?

DannyMilk
08-27-2011, 01:35 AM
in my defense, I was at work, and trying to draft on my phone, which was AWFUL...worst idea ever...with a working phone it woulda been fine, but the screen was jacked up and when I would lose service I'd have to reload the entire draft, which took 8 minutes...no excuses though..................

packa7x
08-27-2011, 07:30 AM
What are we talking about?

You said you were willing to talk trade...

red13
08-27-2011, 08:28 AM
You said you were willing to talk trade...

so, you got an offer in there somewhere?

packa7x
08-27-2011, 08:43 AM
Is Andre Johnson on the table?

red13
08-27-2011, 09:07 AM
Is Andre Johnson on the table?

It would have to be a hell of an offer - you gotta get specific, my friend.

packa7x
08-27-2011, 02:14 PM
Roy Williams straight up.

red13
08-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Roy Williams straight up.
that is one hell of an offer : )

packa7x
08-27-2011, 11:47 PM
Haha I figured you'd like that one! I'll throw in Mason Crosby for any starting RB you have as well ;D

packa7x
08-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Woohoo! Peyton Manning is at practice and Britt won't be suspended :D

red13
08-29-2011, 11:01 PM
Woohoo! Peyton Manning is at practice and Britt won't be suspended :D
Yeah, and now that Vick's deal is done, CJ's agent (they share the same one) can concentrate on that deal and CJ will be in for week one. Autopick may have worked out well for you. You should probably have computer problems and a date every time you draft. :p

red13
09-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Yeah, and now that Vick's deal is done, CJ's agent (they share the same one) can concentrate on that deal and CJ will be in for week one. Autopick may have worked out well for you. You should probably have computer problems and a date every time you draft. :p

Yeah, like I said...

packa7x
09-04-2011, 06:45 PM

Haha, well I wouldn't mind having a date every time I had to draft, but I would like to not have computer problems :)

packa7x
09-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Lol I had to change my team name again. Sorry. Last time.

Colts01
09-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Lol I had to change my team name again. Sorry. Last time.

Depending how my team plays I may change (hide) my team name every week!

packa7x
09-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Depending how my team plays I may change (hide) my team name every week!

Lmao I like that...it keeps things fresh!

darvon
09-11-2011, 10:36 PM
Good night I am getting crushed. I am getting lapped.

packa7x
09-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Poor D :(

DannyMilk
09-12-2011, 04:50 PM
lol I hope this is a bad week for me...my phone really did screw me, but I am trying to play the card I was dealt...at least no one had Eric Berry on their team, I really feel bad for that dude

darvon
09-15-2011, 07:28 PM
Mr Commish. I am trying to pick up a FA, but I seem to be stuck in the Waiver system. When do waivers clear?

darvon
09-15-2011, 07:29 PM
RANT:

I hate waivers. I would LOVE an instant FA system.

darvon
09-18-2011, 07:08 PM
Mr Commish, I have a problem. I submitted a claim on a FA on Tues. The claim had not been processed by Thurs so that I can add the player DEF Cleveland Browns to my team.

The next time I could get to the system was after the Cleveland start so I had no DEF.

Questions:

1) How long should it take a FA acquisition to appear on my bench?
2) If the answer to #1 means that this week was some sort of error, can I get the Cleveland DEF score added to my Week 2 total?

packa7x
09-20-2011, 11:50 AM
D, it looks like the waiver claim went through For you on Friday. When it gets added to your team, it does not assume that you want to start it. You had your defense on your bench for the game.

darvon
09-20-2011, 02:52 PM
OK. So my original question stands.

How long should it take a FA acquisition to appear on my bench?

darvon
09-20-2011, 02:59 PM
I have tried to acquire a FA for the second time now. First time was Sunday night IIRC.
I get the following message:

There was an error.
The waiver request already exists.
Go Back

So where can I view my pending acquisitions and what are they pending upon?

darvon
09-20-2011, 03:03 PM
Where are the actual rules for FA and waiver acquisition on the site, please? Anybody ?

Trumpetbdw
09-20-2011, 03:08 PM
Mr Commish, I have a problem. I submitted a claim on a FA on Tues. The claim had not been processed by Thurs so that I can add the player DEF Cleveland Browns to my team.

The next time I could get to the system was after the Cleveland start so I had no DEF.

Questions:

1) How long should it take a FA acquisition to appear on my bench?
2) If the answer to #1 means that this week was some sort of error, can I get the Cleveland DEF score added to my Week 2 total?

Sorry Darvon, I missed that there was a new post on this link, since it wasn't bolded when I checked it out. I'll look into it and get back to you.

darvon
09-20-2011, 03:13 PM
The site states that the waiver period is 1 day. HERE (http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/528557/settings)

Also it states that waivers "Resets Every Tuesday to Inverse Order of Standings"

I have a problem By the post in this thread, on Tues eve of last week I tried to pick up a FA. It didn't show on my bench, and repeated attempts gave me the "Waiver request already exists."
I visited my roster, including bench, on Thurs eve and the player was still not there, per my post in this thread. Apparently he showed up on Fri.

So I attempted to make a Tues FA acq, and the player was not on my bench Thurs night, he did not hit my bench until Fri, as documented on the site.

So how do FA acquisitions work? And how do players dropped become avail to other players?

These rules and how they actually perform are key to the way I play. Anybody have a clue how to find out other than trial and error?

darvon
09-20-2011, 03:20 PM
I am also asking for a Ruling by the Commissioner. I made a ADD of a FA on last Tues eve. The site claims "1 Day" for waivers. The player was not on my bench the next time i visited on Thurs. I did not return, nor receive any communication, when the player finally was added.

Thusly I had no way to place a defense on my team on Thurs, from a Tues acquisition of a FA, which should be allowed by the rules of the site. I claim that the site, not I, operated in an erronious matter and I should get the points from the Clev Def, which I tried to acquire on Tues, and start on Thurs.

darvon
09-20-2011, 03:23 PM
Thank you Mr. Commissioner. We have interleaved posts.

I look forward to both a ruling by you and an explaination by anyone on how FA acquisition actually work on the NFL site.

Trumpetbdw
09-20-2011, 04:04 PM
The site states that the waiver period is 1 day. HERE (http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/528557/settings)

Also it states that waivers "Resets Every Tuesday to Inverse Order of Standings"

I have a problem By the post in this thread, on Tues eve of last week I tried to pick up a FA. It didn't show on my bench, and repeated attempts gave me the "Waiver request already exists."
I visited my roster, including bench, on Thurs eve and the player was still not there, per my post in this thread. Apparently he showed up on Fri.

So I attempted to make a Tues FA acq, and the player was not on my bench Thurs night, he did not hit my bench until Fri, as documented on the site.

So how do FA acquisitions work? And how do players dropped become avail to other players?

These rules and how they actually perform are key to the way I play. Anybody have a clue how to find out other than trial and error?

I'm at work, and while it's letting me check this site, and SOME other fantasy sites, it's not letting me check the nfl.com fantasy site, classifying it as "games". Right.

So anyway, I've never used nfl.com before for a league. I know how it's set up to work, and how it SHOULD work, but I'm not sure why it didn't work properly in your case.

Is there a reason you had to try to put them into your lineup by Thursday? We can update rosters until Sunday.

I believe my email is noted on the fantasy site, although my team is not properly noted. I'm the Social Assassins (the team you're trying to beat with the move : )). If anyone has a question, please email me so I can get the issue right away.

As far as I can tell, you did everything correctly and it didn't work, so as far as I'm concerned, IF I have the ability as commish to go in and change the roster at this point, or even adjust the score, I will do that. I should have that opportunity, but with free sites, sometimes the commish's hands are tied. But I will definitely see what I can do when I get home from work.

packa7x
09-20-2011, 04:22 PM
D, I did a little research, you can read the rules http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/help/nfl-transactions#waivers there. It looks to me like you DID follow the rules. Something went wrong. This needs to be looked into.

packa7x
09-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Also, you can find a list of your pending waiver claims along with the date they will be processed under the "My Team" tab just below the scoreboard thing but above your players.

darvon
09-20-2011, 05:09 PM
Also, you can find a list of your pending waiver claims along with the date they will be processed under the "My Team" tab just below the scoreboard thing but above your players.

Aha. I am starting to figure this out a bit. For some reason, players are dumped into the "Waiver pool" every week at some time, probably at their kickoff, and then released sometime on Wed of the following week, to the FA pool.

So I must have entered a waiver request on Tues eve, instead of trying a FA acquisition, which should be instantaneous.

For some reason my waiver request did NOT process until Friday AM.

Although I have seen the "throw all the old FAs into the Waiver system each week" it is not universal.

The only reason I didn't come back on Sat to start Cleve was simply that after waiting 2 days for a waiver to process without success, I had no reason to think 2 more days would work.

I would GLADLY waive the Cleveland points if we could change it so that players only go through waivers once after dropping them, not every week. In some systems that is not changeable after the draft.

I do a lot of FA acquisitions, but I can't if the stupid Waiver systems locks all the players up for 4 days every week.

packa7x
09-20-2011, 05:47 PM
I've been in leagues with just FA pickups and it's not fair because the best teams can just sit by their PC and pick up whoever they want whenever they want. The waiver system allows everyone to have a fair shot at the best players available and it allows the worst teams to be able to improve their teams. I was in a league with instant FA pickups and I had Tom Brady when he tore his ACL in the first game. I ran to my PC but in the 45 seconds it took, someone had scooped up Cassel. It's better with waivers. I still don't know what happened that made your waiver claim take so long. There were 11 waiver claims that processed on Wednesday.

packa7x
09-20-2011, 05:47 PM
And just like that, the 2 guys I had waiver claims on are now scooped up by the same person now that the rules are changed.

Trumpetbdw
09-20-2011, 05:48 PM
There's no reason the waiver process should have had that many snags. If it can't work properly, it's gone. So waivers have been eliminated, all players are FA from the time one week ends until their game starts the following week.

Also, Darvon, I've changed your roster for week 2. The score should be updated shortly, but if not, I'll go in and manually do it. That gives you the win over me. But it is clear that you should have started the Browns, so it shall be done.

The commish has spoken.

darvon
09-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Thank yo uMr. Commissioner.

darvon
09-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Packa.

I understand your point, but disagree on the values of what happens. I don't like using "fair" as the term has no standard definition.

I understand that a "buffer period" solves the Cassel type problem, but it also creates others.

It creates problem if no waivers are accepted during game time, which I have seen on sites.
It creates a problem if you wish to exchange a non-performing player for a better performing FA during the buffer period (say Tues). If I want to replace Ocho Cinquo with someone on the waiver wire, then I go look who is avail and try to add them FOR 85. But since I won't know if I got my first choice I want to make an alternate choice. Some systems can't handle this. Some systems require you to explicitly DROP 85 in order to have two waivers in the queue, but if I don't get either, someone may scoop up 85 and I am left with no one.
Those systems that allow multiple waiver requests for the same roster spot must handle the "Order of precedence" and you can get into wierd loops with 3 or more players, such that you get none of your choices. Plus it adds a huge amount of complexity to the system, ESPECIALLY when the rules are so hard to find. If you had the NFL.com waiver system what would you have done? You wouldn't have known if you got Cassel or not on Sunday. Would you have chosen an alternate or two? What if the system couldn't handle it? I am not sure NFL.com can. It certainly isn't detailed in the ruleset.

Again, I understand that you value the "Cassel problem" more than I do. I however value instant results so that I can visit my team once or twice a week for maintenance. We have different values. In the League I have been in for 10 years we go round and round with the rules each year.

Thank you for pointing me to the rules details. Where did you find it?

packa7x
09-21-2011, 09:21 PM
My experience has been that if I want Free Agent A, I can put in a roster clan for him using Bench Player A. I can put in additional claims on FA B, C, and D with the drop being Bench Player A. If A gets taken, but B is available, I get B and Bench Player A is dropped.

My gripe with instant FA is that I could be dropping a deuce during a commercial and my star player could go down. By the time I hear the news and go to pickup the backup, he's gone. There's no reaction time allowed. You need to be by your computer during the games, or your season is essentially over.

packa7x
09-21-2011, 09:23 PM
I noticed you edited after I posted. I just went to the fantasy help option on NFL.com. They had a bunch of options. It should be stated in the league rules, though.

Trumpetbdw
09-21-2011, 09:35 PM
Players lock once their games start for the week. They are available when the week is over. Considering the league, simplicity is in the best interest right now. I hate changing rules on the fly, but with using a different site, snags can't be accepted, so I had to make a definitive decision.

Packa, who are the two players? You said the same team picked the two you wanted? If so, maybe you guys can come to an honor system agreement where whomever was to have had the first waiver claim gets the first choice of those two players, and the other gets the 2nd choice.

Was there anyone else with waiver claims submitted before I pulled the plug on waivers?

packa7x
09-23-2011, 12:33 PM
If these are the rules we're going to play under, then I'll have to live with it. If he beat me to them, then fair is fair. I picked up other guys and I'm satisfied.

red13
09-23-2011, 10:57 PM
packa, I'm the one who got there before you. I had waivers in for Helu and Nelson and was making a claim on Houston's defense when it magically appeared on my team. I guess I was there right after trumpet made the change. Right place right time, I guess. I'm assuming you wanted Helu and Nelson. Since I was ahead of you on waivers and I had my first claim on him, I should be able to keep Helu, but I would be willing to trade you Nelson for Decker if you want, since you would have gotten Nelson ahead of me. Make the trade proposal if you want and I'll accept it, since it's the fair thing to do.

red13
09-23-2011, 11:04 PM
By the way, this whole thing started (from what I read on the forum) because Darvon didn't get Cleveland's defense right away. If you look at the league activity on the home page, I dropped Cleveland's defense last week on Wednesday to pick up Dallas. That put them on waivers, so Darvon could not get them until they came off waivers, so there was no glitch, he probably just didn't realize they were on waivers until Friday. And on NFL.com, you have to manually move an added player to your starting spot after they are added, they don't automatically move to your starting lineup. That's why he didn't have them in there for the week. I agree with packa, I like waivers better than none, just to give everyone a fair chance, but whatever you guys decide is cool with me.

packa7x
09-24-2011, 12:22 AM
Nah, you got them fair and square red. If you prefer Nelson over Decker, it's all you.

red13
09-24-2011, 12:24 AM
Not so fair and square - I just got lucky, and only beat you by minutes. If you want Nelson, he's yours, just let me know. I'm competitive, but it's not worth being an a** to win a game.

Trumpetbdw
09-24-2011, 12:35 AM
Best thing to do is avoid waivers. Players should be locked from the start of their game until the Monday night game ends, so everyone still has a fair shake, it's just first come first served. Not the best way, but any stretch, but it's the least complicated.

packa7x
09-24-2011, 08:55 AM
Not so fair and square - I just got lucky, and only beat you by minutes. If you want Nelson, he's yours, just let me know. I'm competitive, but it's not worth being an a** to win a game.

Yeah, but I went in and scooped up like 4 guys so I probably did it to someone else. It's fine. :)

DannyMilk
09-24-2011, 10:47 AM
No matter who I pick up, there gonna be awful lol

darvon
09-28-2011, 12:40 AM
I LOST BY .36 points??????

packa7x
09-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Poor D :(

DannyMilk
09-29-2011, 12:27 AM
At least you have the Lions.....

darvon
10-12-2011, 08:06 AM
Looking at the league site, I notice I am in last place in my division AND that my trend line is UP +1.

What must I have ranked last week???

DannyMilk
10-12-2011, 03:06 PM
lol idk, I just know my team is worse than the Bears O-Line