PDA

View Full Version : Year 2: FootballPros.com League IV [Standard/Snake]

ReaderM
08-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Year 2: FootballPros.com League IV [Standard/Snake]

This will be the Official Thread for the 2nd Year of FP.com Leagues...League IV

Commissioner for League is DaBearsFan (http://footballpros.com/member.php/244-DaBearsFan)

Participants as of right now are:

Boss #2-ANNNNNNDDDDYYYYY FRREEEELANNNNNDDDD!!!
CEVANS
Curtis
damgenuis
DaBearsFan
Jestercmk
mthomsen
PittsburghSteelersDynasty
Raven
scissors
TitaniumTayman
YankeeJets

First order of business is to set up a Draft Date&time for each the league.Please discuss below your best available times and also Private Message your Commissioner with your e-mails so they know where to send the invites to each league too.

DaBearsFan
08-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Welcome everybody! I am setting up the league as we speak. As ReaderM said, please PM me your email and I will invite you to the league.

Our first issue is draft day. My first thought was sometime either next weekend or labor day weekend. We can do it during the week to if you'd like. To throw out some dates and times (All times EST)

Friday August 26th at 8PM
Saturday August 27th at 2PM or 8PM
Sunday August 28th at 2PM or 8PM
Friday September 2nd at 8PM
Saturday September 3rd at 2PM or 8PM
Sunday September 4th at 2PM or 8PM

Please indicate either by PM or by posting in this thread on what times are available for you. In addition, if you can make a slightly different time but not the time listed (e.g. Can't make a Friday time until 9PM), let me know. I'll be posting suggestions for waivers and other details that may come up as I set up the league.

EDIT: Just as a note, right now I had to set a time to do the draft but I will change that depending on your preferences.

EDIT 2: Very Important: Please also give preferences on the following issues
Right now, the league is a very standard scoring league. You can look at that on the league website. Any objections/suggestions? I also took out fractional points, but if you guys want them I can put them back in.
Waivers- My personal preference is for a Free Agent Acquisition Budget; in this at the beginning of the week you would place a bid on whatever free agents you may like and whoever bids the most on that player would win him on his team. You get $100 for the entire season. Alternatively, we could do a standard waiver. Please vote on what you want.
Playoffs-I'm leaning toward 6 teams (out of 12) in with the top two seeds getting byes. Any other thoughts?
Any other questions, please post in the thread.

Andy Freeland
08-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Count me in DBF

ReaderM
08-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Count me in DBF

I'm guessing you are pulling double league duty this year, dually noted.

DaBearsFan
08-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Good. I was just about to let you know that it won't work unless I have an even number of teams. Now I do.

Curtis
08-20-2011, 04:41 PM
I can make myself available for any of those dates and times, DBF. You can count on me to be there.

DaBearsFan
08-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Alright. In addition to draft date, I have a few more things that I need to discuss with you.

Right now, the league is a very standard scoring league. You can look at that on the league website. Any objections/suggestions? I also took out fractional points, but if you guys want them I can put them back in.
Waivers- My personal preference is for a Free Agent Acquisition Budget; in this at the beginning of the week you would place a bid on whatever free agents you may like and whoever bids the most on that player would win him on his team. You get $100 for the entire season. Alternatively, we could do a standard waiver. Please vote on what you want.
Playoffs- I think it's more fun to have lots of teams in the playoffs, so I'm leaning toward 6 teams (out of 10) in with the top two seeds getting byes. Any other thoughts?
Any other questions, please post in the thread.

ReaderM
08-20-2011, 04:46 PM
Good. I was just about to let you know that it won't work unless I have an even number of teams. Now I do.

Yea, I figured that either someone wouldn't mind pulling double duty or someone new would join also before draft so wasn't really worried about League getting to even numbers though I'm not going to lie and say I didn't spend at least 10 minutes wondering over that before I decided on that Lol

ReaderM
08-20-2011, 05:14 PM
Yea, I figured that either someone wouldn't mind pulling double duty or someone new would join also before draft so wasn't really worried about League getting to even numbers though I'm not going to lie and say I didn't spend at least 10 minutes wondering over that before I decided on that Lol

And as I soon, as I say that I go back and see that I missed someone who wanted to join thus bring the league total up 10 fine.Andy, you don't have to pull double duty anymore if you don't want too.

Curtis
08-20-2011, 05:43 PM
Everything looks great and I like your ideas for waivers and the playoffs. The fractional system can be debated, if the majority wants it implemented I will be fine with that. Looking forward to a good time with everyone.

Raven
08-20-2011, 06:43 PM
ReaderM I think you must have missed me. I put my name in on 8/17. Are all the slots now full?

ReaderM
08-20-2011, 07:30 PM
ReaderM I think you must have missed me. I put my name in on 8/17. Are all the slots now full?

There is always seem to be at least 1 person I miss Lol..You are good,consider yourself a member of FootballPros League IV

Raven
08-20-2011, 07:54 PM
There is always seem to be at least 1 person I miss Lol..You are good,consider yourself a member of FootballPros League IV

Thanks! And thanks for all of the work you are doing to get this organized.

Andy Freeland
08-20-2011, 08:55 PM
And as I soon, as I say that I go back and see that I missed someone who wanted to join thus bring the league total up 10 fine.Andy, you don't have to pull double duty anymore if you don't want too.

I wouldn't mind playing in both, I usually play two leagues anyway. I'll be the swing man, I'll play if we can find another, out if we can't.

CEVANS
08-21-2011, 12:19 AM
28th at 8pm sounds good 2 pm

DaBearsFan
08-21-2011, 01:04 AM
28th at 8pm sounds good 2 pm

Just for clarification, are those the only times you can make a draft? I'll update my original post if that wasn't clear.

damgenius
08-21-2011, 04:38 AM
I work until 8pm PST weekdays and so can only make a weekend draft. Either Sat or Sun 27 or 28 is fine with me, any time works but please remind me in email. Waiting for my invite now.

Raven
08-21-2011, 07:35 AM
I cannot do it on 8/26, 8/27 at 2pm and 9/4 all day
My preference would be 8/28 8pm or 9/2 8pm. The other times I can make work if I had too.

TitaniumTayman
08-21-2011, 09:50 AM
I'm good with any date and time!

YankeesJets
08-23-2011, 06:09 AM
Settings look fine. Pretty much any day is fine to draft for me but it has to be in the evening EST. Thanks.

DaBearsFan
08-24-2011, 08:34 PM
Attention Everyone in the league! Please get a hold of me if you haven't gotten signed into the league yet! This applies to half of you! You need to do this now!!!

As of now, we are pushing the draft to sometime the weekend of the 2nd. Please post in regards to those times that you can make it. If we cannot get some of you signed up, then this league will no longer happen. Don't let those of us who signed up already down!

Raven
08-25-2011, 11:33 AM
I can't do it on 9/4. 9/2 is best, but I can also do it on the other days.
As for the settings, I'm new to fantasy, so I will let you all decide that. Now we just need to get these people signed up.

Curtis
08-25-2011, 04:01 PM
There are still five players outstanding, so please PM DaBearsFan for sign up information if you have not done so yet. We are counting on you.

DBF I am good with pushing the draft to the weekend of September 2 if it will garner us a bit more time to get the remaining players signed up. If you could please update the League draft on site because its still slated for Aug 28.

TitaniumTayman
08-29-2011, 02:28 AM
I'm good for the 2nd.

TitaniumTayman
08-29-2011, 08:51 AM
I'm actually good for the entire weekend. Hopefully everybody else will get on the stick and get signed up!

DaBearsFan
08-29-2011, 05:07 PM
ATTENTION: This is a last call for all people who haven't signed up yet. Starting tomorrow, I will be asking for anyone in general who would like to be a part of our league to take spaces of those signed up that have not responded to me. In addition, based on the responses for the times, I think the best will be on this Saturday, 8PM Eastern. If this is a problem, please let me know ASAP.

Curtis
08-30-2011, 01:56 PM
Sounds good. Let us hope people sign up! Get movin ladies!!

DaBearsFan
09-04-2011, 08:25 PM
A big thanks to all of you for signing up. I think we will have a very interesting league this year. As a note, feel free to use this thread to discuss whatever you wish about the league, be it serious discussion and trade offers or not so serious trash talking (though for the latter, remember, play nice). So everyone can see, I will now post everyone's teams, and will give some brief thoughts on my own team (as a note, each team will be listed by the team name, since I'm not really sure who is who with a couple of them).

Da Commish
Sam Bradford
Eli Manning
Ronnie Brown
Jamaal Charles
Shonn Greene
Fred Jackson
LeSean McCoy
James Starks
Kenny Britt
Austin Collie
Stevie Johnson
Mike Wallace
Reggie Wayne
Greg Olsen
Robbie Gould
Giants

Somewhere Over Dwayne Bowe
Joe Flacco
Josh Freeman
Frank Gore
DeAngelo Williams
Danny Woodhead
Anquan Boldin
Donald Driver
Andre Johnson
Julio Jones
Brandon Lloyd
Lance Kendricks
Kellen Winslow
Phil Dawson
Alex Henery
Packers
Texans

TitaniumTayman
Tom Brady
Colt McCoy
Ahmad Bradshaw
Reggie Bush
Brandon Jacobs
Rashard Mendenhall
Knowshon Moreno
Deion Branch
Santonio Holmes
Jeremy Maclin
Mike Sims-Walker
Dustin Keller
Brandon Pettigrew
Matt Bryant
Bears
Falcons

4 Down Syndrome
Kevin Kolb
Michael Vick
Cedric Benson
BenJarvus Green-Ellis
Steven Jackson
Ray Rice
Ben Tate
LaDainian Tomlinson
Plaxico Burress
AJ Green
Chad Ochocinco
Wes Welker
Dallas Clark
Rob Gronkowski
Steven Gostkowski
Eagles

Raven
Drew Brees
Mark Sanchez
LeGarrette Blount
Tim Hightower
Marshawn Lynch
Darren McFadden
Ricky Williams
Dez Bryant
Jacoby Ford
Pierre Garcon
Vincent Jackson
Steve Smith
Owen Daniels
Adam Vinatieri
Ravens
Saints

Robster Craws
Jay Cutler
Tony Romo
Roy Helu
Chris Johnson
CJ Spiller
Jonathan Stewart
Michael Turner
Dwayne Bowe
Percy Harvin
Jordy Nelson
Hakeem Nicks
Mike Thomas
Chris Cooley
Jason Witten
Mason Crosby
Jets

Cincinnati Celts
Peyton Manning
Donovan McNabb
Jahvid Best
Matt Forte
Arian Foster
Daniel Thomas
Mike Tolbert
Michael Crabtree
Brandon Marshall
Lance Moore
Sidney Rice
Roddy White
Vernon Davis
Marcedes Lewis
Nate Kaeding
Steelers

Blackbeard's Delight
Ben Roethlisberger
Matt Schaub
Matt Stafford
Joseph Addai
Michael Bush
Peyton Hillis
Maurice Jones-Drew
Pierre Thomas
Miles Austin
Calvin Johnson
Mario Manningham
Robert Meachem
Santana Moss
JerMichael Finley
Billy Cundiff
Browns

Truckasaurus
Kyle Orton
Aaron Rodgers
Matt Ryan
Mark Ingram
Ryan Mathews
Willis McGahee
Lee Evans
Larry Fitzgerald
DeSean Jackson
Johnny Knox
Antonio Gates
Jimmy Graham
Neil Rackers
Josh Scobee
Chargers
Lions

Wack Pack
Matt Cassel
Phillip Rivers
Marion Barber
Ryan Grant
Felix Jones
Adrian Peterson
Beanie Wells
Marques Colston
Braylon Edwards
Greg Jennings
Steve Smith
Mike Williams
Tony Gonzalez
Steve Janikowski
Cowboys
Patriots

For me, this is probably the single most interesting team I've ever drafted. I truly believe that I have the both the best RBs and the best WRs of anyone in the draft. I believe that my TE is serviceable in a non-PPR league along with my defense. If I can get anything out of my QB (either with the guys I have or by trade. Anyone want to part with a QB?), I feel very good about winning this league. But that's a big if right now. As the draft went, QBs went way faster than I expected, and I decided not to reach (until Bradford, who was the only QB that I thought had upside left), which resulted in some powerful spots at other positions. We'll see.

Andy Freeland
09-04-2011, 09:30 PM
So everyone can see, I will now post everyone's teams

Cincinatti Celts

Really DBF, Cincinatti?

Aside from that, I want to apologize to the league for missing the draft. No excuse, I got caught up in some work and completely forgot. Sadly, the computer picked a better team than I did in FP III.

DaBearsFan
09-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Apologies Andy. I was working quickly and misspelled it. It has been fixed.

Andy Freeland
09-05-2011, 01:27 AM
Apologies Andy. I was working quickly and misspelled it. It has been fixed.

I was just messing with you dude, no big deal.

Curtis
09-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Is NFL.com jacked up today? I logged on to set my lineup and the front page tells me to join a league. I can't access my team at all.

Curtis
09-05-2011, 09:42 PM
Somewhere Over Dwayne Bowe
Joe Flacco
Josh Freeman
Frank Gore
DeAngelo Williams
Danny Woodhead
Anquan Boldin
Donald Driver
Andre Johnson
Julio Jones
Brandon Lloyd
Lance Kendricks
Kellen Winslow
Phil Dawson
Alex Henery
Packers
Texans

My team looks okay but my kickers are not optimal. I didn't rank too many kickers because they usually start coming off in the really late rounds. I need to look in FA or possibly make a trade. If I can ever get my team to load on NFL.com, since they are apparently broken today.

trh5001
10-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Well its been close to a month with no trash talking so I'd just like to say if you guys just want to hand me the championship now its cool and I understand. Also Fred Jackson for Matt Ryan was amazing so thanks for that.

Raven
10-04-2011, 10:24 PM
Well its been close to a month with no trash talking so I'd just like to say if you guys just want to hand me the championship now its cool and I understand. Also Fred Jackson for Matt Ryan was amazing so thanks for that.

Well if you hadn't beat me last week, I was planning on a little trash talking. Aaron Rodgers stats were just crazy. Considering this is my first attempt a fantasy football, I am happy with my record so far.

Curtis
10-04-2011, 10:48 PM
My team has been terrible. I'm just having fun participating. I'm really great at picking games, but fantasy has never been good to me.

Andy Freeland
10-04-2011, 11:18 PM
My plan all along has been to lull you all into a false sense of security by sucking for the first 15 weeks then dominating the rest of the season. My plan is working perfectly.

Trumpetbdw
10-04-2011, 11:22 PM
My plan all along has been to lull you all into a false sense of security by sucking for the first 15 weeks then dominating the rest of the season. My plan is working perfectly.

Anything I can do to help you out. Enjoy your upgrade at QB.

Curtis
10-04-2011, 11:29 PM

I'm almost certain you will beat the color out of my team Dwaynebowe, Andy. Next few weeks without Andre Johnson is going to ruin me. Cam Newton needs to stop being good, DeAngelo never gives me points.

trh5001
10-05-2011, 09:26 AM
Woo some chatter. Raven you have a very good team I could see ya making the playoffs.

DaBearsFan
10-05-2011, 12:26 PM

Yeah, that trade has all backfired on me. I made that trade because my QBs sucked and I had lots of RBs. With the QBs, Ryan has barely been better than the guys I had, and my RB depth got destroyed with Charles tearing his ACL and Starks not taking over the job like I expected in week 1 and even Shonn Greene continuing to suck lots (and McCluster only counting as a WR on NFL.com). Meanwhile, it looks like Jackson is going to continue to be awesome. So congrats.

Andy Freeland
10-05-2011, 12:27 PM
Anything I can do to help you out. Enjoy your upgrade at QB.

My penalty for missing the draft was Peyton Manning and Donovan McNabb. Last week I signed Chad Henne who responded with -1 points (I would have been better off starting Peyton). Trumpet was kind enough to trade me Matthew Stafford. Good for me, terrible for Lions fans as that means Stafford will undoubtedly get hurt this week.

trh5001
10-05-2011, 12:29 PM
At the time the trade was fair but looking at it now you got fleeced

Yeah, that trade has all backfired on me. I made that trade because my QBs sucked and I had lots of RBs. With the QBs, Ryan has barely been better than the guys I had, and my RB depth got destroyed with Charles tearing his ACL and Starks not taking over the job like I expected in week 1 and even Shonn Greene continuing to suck lots (and McCluster only counting as a WR on NFL.com). Meanwhile, it looks like Jackson is going to continue to be awesome. So congrats.

Trumpetbdw
10-05-2011, 01:34 PM
My penalty for missing the draft was Peyton Manning and Donovan McNabb. Last week I signed Chad Henne who responded with -1 points (I would have been better off starting Peyton). Trumpet was kind enough to trade me Matthew Stafford. Good for me, terrible for Lions fans as that means Stafford will undoubtedly get hurt this week.

Curious...

Would you have done a similar trade for Cam Newton? Or for Big Ben or Schaub?