PDA

View Full Version : Top two starters, Bottom two starters

hscorpio05
07-31-2010, 12:56 AM
Let's play a game: name the best two and worst two of the 22 starters on GB (kickers and punters don't count).

Would we all agree that ARod (QB), and Woodson (CB1) are the top two? To make it a bit more interesting, I would put Clay Matthews (OLB) and G. Jennings (WR1) at the next two spots.

How about bottom two: this is a bit tougher. I would go with the winner of the LG battle (Spitz/Colledge), and winner of the SS battle (Bigby/Burnett).

Am I way off base here? I'm not 100% thrilled with Brad Jones but still think that he's better at his position than the above two.

What say all of you?

bluestree
07-31-2010, 01:50 PM
You've got it called pretty well. definitely Rodgers/Woodson. On the bottom, allowing that Green Bay plays more nickel than base, I'd put the bottom at College/Spitz and Underwood/Lee at nickel back.

GBPKS
08-02-2010, 03:42 PM
I would definitely say Aaron Rodgers and Charles Woodson are the top 2, but Greg Jennings, Cullen Jenkins, Clay Matthews, and Nick Collins are all in the conversation.

For the worst, I would say Brad Jones falls into the mix for sure. We don't know what Morgan Burnett is yet, but I wouldn't question the inclusion of Atari Bigby in the conversation. I actually think Daryn Colledge is a pretty decent guard - he just can't play tackle. I'm honestly more concerned about Clifton and Tauscher hanging on at the tackle positions than I am about Colledge at guard, but I do feel better that we have some depth at tackle in Bulaga and Lang. It's cute that they're trying to make Breno the #2 right tackle because he can't play anywhere else on the line, but I think that will ultimately be Lang's job.

I also agree with bluestree who mentioned nickel back - at least until Harris gets back.

FLPackerFan
08-02-2010, 03:49 PM
I agree with your picks. However my opinion of Brad Jones is different. This guy was drafted in te 7th round and became a starter only after Kampen went down. I think he played very well. I believe he will be better this year with a full training camp as a starter. As for Colledge, he was out of position constantly last year. He is more suited as a guard and has played well there in te past. I think the line will be pretty strong this season baring injury. Injuries can hurt any team. As for Bigbi, he is a one year wonder who can't stay healthy. Burnett will be the starter, just wait and see.

FessJL0861
08-28-2010, 05:52 PM
I might go out on a very large ledge (because it isn't that far off what everyone else thinks), and say it would be Rodgers and Jennings. If Bigby could just get and stay healthy, MAN would he be dangerous.