PDA

View Full Version : Players getting scrappy during training camp!

OverTheTop
08-03-2010, 01:36 AM
http://www.azcardinals.com/photos-videos/videos/Spirited-Practice/43db0a84-e2ac-4cf5-98a6-b7fedeb76b95

From the post-practice interviews it looks like the intensity coming from the Cardinals team is really bringing that group together. Do you all feel that fighting in camp is positive or negative for the team building process? Phil, Cris, or Turk have any good stories about training camps fights that brought your teams closer together?

IndyColtsFan
08-06-2010, 12:15 AM
it can only be bad if it ends up dividing the team- in the short term the chippiness and spirit will lead to more intense practices and make both sides better but if feelings linger from a fight it could hurt

TheLinc
08-06-2010, 01:45 AM
I only see positives coming out of it, especially if it helps fuel the competition. Personally, I think it's good for a team if the offense and defense hate each other since they will be constantly trying to one-up the other side, and the never have to interact on the field. As long as their disdain for each other is only outweighed by their hatred for the other team, I'm all for it. At the very least, it bonds the respective sides together that much more, i.e. an OL smacking around a DE for touching the QB in training camp. They don't forget that they all wear the same uniform.

ReaderM
08-06-2010, 02:57 PM
As long as they are short spirited affairs they are perfectly fine. Let's just be honest, most guys are fighting for a roster spot in hot weather with tons of contacts and testosterone going around, it would be insane to not expect a fight or two to break out. As long as they are quickly curtailed and the guys accept punishment together and realize it what it was for, it can be a interesting bonding experience. I think it's the reaction afterward that determines a whole lot into whether this goes from being a possible plus to a huge negative.

GoBigOrGoHome
08-06-2010, 03:56 PM
Just so long as it isn't a Michael Westbrook v. Stephen Davis situation...That video used to be up on YouTube.

A quick little dust-up is a good thing. Let some aggression out. Probably eliminates a few cheap shots that might really hurt a guy or two.

Pruitt
01-18-2011, 12:25 PM
As the initial post was about the Cardinals, we can only assume that it was started during a scrimmage by three receivers, all of whom figured Derek Anderson's pass was intended for them.

Colts01
01-24-2011, 11:10 PM
As the initial post was about the Cardinals, we can only assume that it was started during a scrimmage by three receivers, all of whom figured Derek Anderson's pass was intended for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2vTzHf2tus