PDA

View Full Version : Week 2, 2011

Amy
09-19-2011, 08:12 PM
Yay! 2-0. Chargers are a scary team, and that was a monster game. I did go back to game charting this week, but like a dunderhead, I tried to do both sides of the ball. Back to just offense for the Bills. Before the breadown:

Rant 1: I thought the game was terribly officiated. The refs missed calls against both teams on a regular basis. Nothing gamebreaking, but terribly consistent. The NFL needs to really consider full time officials. Train them up well and then set them loose.

Rant 2: The best thing I can say about the broadcast was that Nance and Simms didn't take any plays off. That is saying something for them. But, that's all the good I can say. Not only did CBS decide that the failed 'show the punt from the returners PoV' that everyone hated last year is good, but Nance didn't bother to say who the pass was intended for when one was incomplete. At all. For both teams. Is it really that hard to say oh 'Rivers drops back, looks, throws to Gates. Intercepted by Sergio Brown." For the networks 1 team? Don't they film review their own broadcasts to see what they do good and bad?

Anyway onto the game. I'll break Chargers Drives down briefly and do overall Pats O stuff.

Chargers:

Drive 1: 8 plays. 3 Matthews runs, 3 passes (1 Jackson. 2 inc), 1 False Start, 1 Punt
Drive 2: 6 plays. 3 runs (2 Tolbert, 1 Matthews (TD), 3 passes (1 Matthews, 2 Floyd, 1 Inc)
Drive 3: 9 plays. 6 runs (2 Matthews,1 Rivers, 3 Tolbert), 3 passes (2 Jackson, 1 incomplete), 1 roughing penalty on Pats (on the incomplete pass). This is the drive where we stopped Tolbert on 4th and goal from the 1.
Drive 4: 12 plays. 1 run (Tolbert (negated by holding), 9 passes (1 McMichael, 4 Jackson, 4 Inc (1 negated by Defensive Holding), 1 False Start, 1 Interception (Vince!!!!)
Drive 5: 12 plays. 4 runs (3 Matthews, Tolbert), 8 passes (1 Jackson, 2 Tolbert, 2 Matthews, 1 Hester,1 inc (negated by defensive holding), 1 Interception (Sergio Brown)
Drive 6: 11 plays. 5 runs (2 Matthews. 2 Tolbert, 1 Rivers), 6 passes (2 Jackson (1 TD), 2 Tolbert, 2 incomplete (1 negated by DPI).
Drive 7: 3 plays. 1 run (Tolbert, fumble, recovered Pats), 2 passes (2 Matthews)
Drive 8: 8 plays. 1 run (Rivers), 7 passses (3 Jackson (1 TD), 2 Tolbert, 2 inc)
Drive 9: 3 plays. 1 run (Mathews), 1 pass (Mathews), 1 sack and fumble, Pats ball.

Pats:

Running: 27 plays: Green-Ellis: 17 (1 TD) Woodhead: 6 (1 negated by holding, 1 2point play), Brady: 1 (Pats took an illegal contact penalty here instead of the 6 yard run), Ridley: 2 (I was glad to see him play), 1 knee

Passing: 43 plays

Branch: 8 (2 of these were at the end of the first half where Norv gave us 18 free yards in trade for 8 seconds. With 9 left in the half. Thanks Norv!!!)
Green-Ellis: 1
Gronk: 4, 2 TD
Hernandez: 7, 1 TD
Ocho: 2
Welker: 7
Woodhead: 2

Sacks: 2
Incomplete: 10 (1 to Hernandez, 1 to Branch, 1 to Welker, 2 Defended, 5 unknown)

False Start: 1 (Gronk)

Punt: 1