PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre trivia

Andy Freeland
08-04-2010, 11:57 AM
What future Hall of Famer caught Favre's first career completion?

brauneyz
08-04-2010, 12:13 PM
None other than BF himself.

Turk Schonert
08-04-2010, 12:23 PM

I was on the sidelines to witness it first hand (1992 GB @ Tampa). That was my 1st year coaching. Favre did complete his first pass as a Falcon ... to the other team. He never completed a pass as a Falcon.

FootballFan
08-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Can't really judge a QB by their first snaps can you huh? I remember Troy Aikman lining up for a snap under LG instead of C - well before any concussion issues. I believe John Elway did the same thing walking up to the LOS - lined up under the Guard.

I remember watching a balding and very grandfatherly Gordie Howe playing hockey at age 50 for the Whalers when I was a kid in 1980. I wonder if in 30 years, kids in Minnesota are going to be saying hey - remember when that grandfather guy was still playing for the Vikings?

Johnny Unitas played for I think 18 years too - I remember being dumbstruck whenever it was that I found out that the QB that Dan Fouts backed up before taking the starter job in San Diego was non other than John Unitas. Anyway - aside from Unitas - who played until his elbow literally fell apart, and kept playing - you've got to respect what Favre has done simply from a physical standpoint. Gordie Howe, I think has him beat - but Favre is getting to that uncharted territory of longevity in a physically demanding sport. Cal Ripken? Baseball? Give me a break.

Andy Freeland
08-04-2010, 01:00 PM

Correct. Favre's 1st completion was to himself for a 7 yard loss.

I was on the sidelines to witness it first hand (1992 GB @ Tampa). That was my 1st year coaching. Favre did complete his first pass as a Falcon ... to the other team. He never completed a pass as a Falcon.

Also correct. He threw 4 passes as a Falcon, 2 were caught by the Redskins, none by the Falcons.

Kosar19
08-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Also correct. He threw 4 passes as a Falcon, 2 were caught by the Redskins, none by the Falcons.

That's happens to be the record people don't talk about Favre having....completions to the other team!

footballgal
08-04-2010, 09:09 PM
That's happens to be the record people don't talk about Favre having....completions to the other team!

That reminds me of one of my favorite Onion articles: Dan Marino Hosts Hour-Long HBO Special Celebrating Favre's Interceptions (http://www.theonion.com/articles/dan-marino-hosts-hourlong-hbo-special-celebrating,2305/)

msclemons
08-04-2010, 10:56 PM
ROFL... that was a good read footballgal. Thanks for the link.

After that start to his career how did the Falcons manage to pry a 2nd rounder out of Green Bay for Brett?

Chilly
08-05-2010, 01:18 AM
Chuck Norris once told Brett Favre to retire. And he did.

Dave Lapham
08-05-2010, 06:17 PM
How about he last pass Favre threw with every organization he was with being an interception. Atlanta, Green Bay, NYJets and Minnesota.

StaggerMcTipsy
08-06-2010, 10:22 PM
How about he last pass Favre threw with every organization he was with being an interception. Atlanta, Green Bay, NYJets and Minnesota.

I thought his last pass as a Jet was an illegal forward pass to Jericho Cotchery, not an interception. No?

Andy Freeland
08-06-2010, 10:34 PM
I thought his last pass as a Jet was an illegal forward pass to Jericho Cotchery, not an interception. No?

correct, but because of the penalty i don't think it counts as an official attempt. His last official attempt was an interception.
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2008122809/2008/REG17/dolphins@jets#recap-channels:cat-post-recap-full-story/tab:analyze/analyze-channels:cat-post-playbyplay

StaggerMcTipsy
08-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Aha. Even better; now I have even more ammunition to argue with people who think he's the best quarterback ever. Top 20? Maybe. Best? Not even close.

TommyBry
08-07-2010, 11:02 AM
Favre caught his own pass, then the next day he decided to drop it, than the day after that he decided to catch it again