PDA

View Full Version : Gameday diaries/reviews

Hoser
08-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Are any of us Ninerlovers willing to provide game reviews or even game diaries? It might be fun. I'm a winemaker by trade so I can not commit to every Sunday but every once in a while I can certainly take the helm. Anyone else interested?

msclemons
08-06-2010, 05:24 PM
California winemaker by chance? Are we ever going to get enough heat in Napa for the grapes to sugar up?

Barber and Maiocco both plan to do live chats during the games this year. They work pretty well but the audience isn't quite the same as here obviously. Unfortunately, I think most of our FPL compatriots will be scattered amongst the other 15 games each week so it might be hard to mingle on game days.

Hoser
08-06-2010, 05:44 PM
I'm down in the valley so we have plenty of heat. Actually...it's pretty much perfect conditions the past couple of weeks and it seems like most of the vineyards are taking big leaps in sugar accumulation. We'll be wrapped up shortly after Halloween.
The guys up in Napa are facing a completely different scenario. The cool, wet spring and relatively mild/cool summer have delayed ripening quite a bit. I wouldn't want to be a grower sitting on acre upon acre of Cab come Turkeyday and hoping that it ripens before the weather turns sour. This year could be spectacular or really crappy.

In game converastions are nice but I kinda like to read ad hoc pundits give their take and hopefully use a touch more prose than the usual message board 2 line entries.