PDA

View Full Version : Week 6

Amy
10-16-2011, 08:00 PM
OMG! I can't say how happy I am to win this one. I mean, of our stretch of Jets/Cowboys/Steelers/Jets, I'd have wanted to lose this one if we had to lose one, but not like this. Hats off to the Defense!

Rant 1: ROB RYAN IS NOT THE HEAD COACH OF THE DALLAS COWBOYS! When he comes onto the field and argues with Refs he needs to be flagged. He did that at least 3 times! No flags. If a HC does it, ok, that's fine, IMO. Not a coordinator. Throw the flag!

Rant 2: Dear Fox, your one team sucks. First you switch me from Pats/Cowboys to Pats/Cowboys, so I miss the opening kickoff and the first snap of the Cowboys. Second, you show Rob Ryan all day and Jason Garret once. Rob Ryan is *not* the head coach of the Cowboys. Third, Aikman kept calling for replays when offenses were in hurry up modes, which was just dumb, and caused us to miss parts of plays. Fourth, Tom Brenaman, who is normally good, was barely bothering to do play by play at all. At one point, they were talking about Drew Bledsoe's winery (and I adore Drew), *while an offensive series was under way*. They *ignored* three plays! I thought no one could do a game more lame then Nantz and Simms. I was wrong.

Onto the game.

Thank you Defense. You stood tall and made stand after stand.

Offense:

Running:

Brady: 4 carry, 17 yards
Green Ellis: 14 carry, 55 yards (1 carry for 6 negated by holding)
Ridley, 3 carries, 20 yards. After Slater fumbled a kickoff, Ridley took over kickoff duties and had no carries past the first series.
Woodhead: 4 carry, 6 yard (1 carry for 5 may have been Green Ellis)

Passing:

Branch: 5 target, 3 catch, 73 yards. 1 False Start
Green Ellis: 1 target, 1 catch, 10 yards
Gronk: 7 target, 7 catch, 84 yards
Hernandez: 11 target, 8 catch, 1 drop, 79 yards. 1 fumble. This should have been, and was not, challenged by BB. I don't know why. It could have cost us the game.
Ocho: 1 target, 0 catches. Chad was held on his one chance. No flag.
Welker, 10 target, 6 catch, 43 yards, 1 TD. 1 False start
Woodhead: 2 target, 2 catch, 22 yards.

Incomplete, target unknown: 3
Sacks: 3
Int: 2

The running game was average. I think it might have been more explosive with more Ridley. While Woodhead had 2 key catches on the last drive, he was terrible as a running back. All his carries should have gone to Green Ellis or Ridley.

The Passing game. Brady was picked twice, one was his fault. He was under pressure a lot. Gronk had no pentalties and both tight ends were aweome. Branch played well. Welker was mostly held in check, but he made big plays when we needed them. I don't know what's up with Chad. I want him to do well, but, if we cut him for Randy, or traded for Brandon Lloyd, I wouldn't cry.

Haynesworth had a lot of playing time, and hit Romo at least once, so hopefully, he'll start making more of an impact soon!

After the bye: Pittsburgh! Bring them on!

cml
10-16-2011, 08:05 PM
I'm a big fan of Chad, but I'm wondering now if he's just not going to fit here this year.

I was really happy with the play of the front 7. Carter and Spikes particularly stood out. Also nice to win a game where the offense does not play particularly well.

Feeling good about this one, though. Little concerned about McCourty, but still, great day.

Curtis
10-17-2011, 12:42 AM
You bring up great points in your rant, Amy. I don't know if there is a rule about non-HC's coming on to the field, but I do know that TV production puts alot of effort into "interest" topics that we see on the telecast. Jason Garret doesn't really invoke nearly as much viewership "interest" as Rob Ryan. Our good friend Andy Freeland can probably offer us more about the TV side of this.

Regarding Chad, I think he is a superb talent, but as a result ot the lockout, he is light-years behind the learning curve for this offense. If one were to assume the Pats think the same way, Chad will eventually weave himself into the offense. If you change the POV slightly, Chad is not really needed in this offense. Tuesday is the trade deadline, could we see him on the block for a pick or two? (That's what I would do personally)

iwatt
10-17-2011, 11:27 AM
Andre Carter looked really good.

Big Vince almost had another pick!

The media infatuation with Rex is contagious.

A lot of missed tackles against the backup running back. I like my Pats with some extra Mayo!

Amy
10-17-2011, 12:40 PM
You bring up great points in your rant, Amy. I don't know if there is a rule about non-HC's coming on to the field, but I do know that TV production puts alot of effort into "interest" topics that we see on the telecast. Jason Garret doesn't really invoke nearly as much viewership "interest" as Rob Ryan. Our good friend Andy Freeland can probably offer us more about the TV side of this.

Regarding Chad, I think he is a superb talent, but as a result ot the lockout, he is light-years behind the learning curve for this offense. If one were to assume the Pats think the same way, Chad will eventually weave himself into the offense. If you change the POV slightly, Chad is not really needed in this offense. Tuesday is the trade deadline, could we see him on the block for a pick or two? (That's what I would do personally)

Actually, the rule says no coaches can walk onto the field. I see no issues, though, with a HC doing it, and have never seen it flagged. But, for a non head coach - like Rob Ryan - to come out to mid field, like he did, and not get a flag annoys me.

As for Chad, I admit I'm torn. I like Chad, as a player and as a person. He shows a lot of the real Chad in his tweets, and even though I'm not a twitter fan in general, I read a lot of his. I'd like him to succeed with us, and get a ring like Dillon did.

At the same time, nothing would be sweeter then lifting the Lombardi, on Peyton's field, in a year we've dedicated to Myra, and we are a legit contender for that. If Chad cannon contribute to that, and through six games he has not shown that he can, we need to make a move. My preference would be - and this assumes that the issue is Chad just needing more time to learn the Pats playbook, which is, by reports, much more complex than the Bengls offense - this:

A. Ask Chad to go on IR for the season. Fake a practice injury, put him on IR, and let him have a year to learn the offense and get timing with Brady. Use the roster slot to a. sign Moss, b. sign a pass rusher, or c. trade for Brandon Lloyd. Is this unethical? Totally. Yell at me if you want, but it's what I'd do.

B. Put Chad on D, ala Troy Brown. He can lock up against tall wideouts, maybe, and has good hands for picks. I don't know how this would work, admitted.

C. Release him for one of the A options. I hope we don't do this.

What I worry we'll do is...

D. Release Chad and use the roster slot to bring Kevin Faulk back off of PuP. I love Kevin, but Danny does everything he does and better.

Amy
10-18-2011, 08:20 PM
As for our other big name addition: Albert had a great game. It's not reflected in his personal stats, but where and when he played. 3rd downs (Dallas was 4 of 12) and on clear passing situations. He played a total of 28 snaps:

Passing plays: Dallas was 9-of-14 for 103 yards, 1 TD, 2 sacks. One of sacks was by Carter, on a 3rd and goal from 7 for the 'boys. Al was *triple* teamed, and AC got an 11 yard sack off of it, ensuring the Boys would only tie the game at 13 and not get a TD.

Rushing plays: Dallas was 12 for 48 yards, two holding penalties, or 28 net yards on 14 snaps. Yeah, 2 yards per snap.

His impact isn't shown in a stat line, but it's significant.

msclemons
10-18-2011, 10:21 PM
http://p.twimg.com/AcFVqRJCMAEaJLg.jpg