PDA

View Full Version : The real reason Brett Favre is waffling

GoBigOrGoHome
08-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Excellent piece by Jay Glazer.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/brett-favre-waffling-the-insidfe-story-jay-glazer-080910

cnboyle
08-09-2010, 02:22 PM
I seem to be the only one who still thinks, although mayber not for much longer, that Favre truly can't play on that ankle.. I certainly don't think he wants more money, and I would question anyone who thinks that Favre only wants the cash. The attention on the other hand, he can't seem to get enough of. Maybe if he wrote attention clauses into his contract ( minimum 3 newspaper articles a month, minimum 4 Brett Days at the stadium etc.) they would get this done. But I think he is physically done, and can't bring himself to end it.

Cris Collinsworth
08-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Jay is very good. He hit it dead on when he said that the truth would have worked better. It usually does.

Ragar
08-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Jay is very good. He hit it dead on when he said that the truth would have worked better. It usually does.

Brett Favre and the truth? hahahaha

cnboyle
08-09-2010, 02:50 PM
And there is certainly no shame in being truthful about not being able to make up one's mind on difficult decisions. I think if Brett just said to everyone "Look I am really struggling with this decision and I know the team is waiting on me, but I need to know that I can play at 100%" it might help the whole situation calm down. It's not like he's stringing anyone along as the Vikings have stated publically for him to take his time.

GoBigOrGoHome
08-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Unfortunately for Favre, he has to admit to the lying to then speak the truth.