PDA

View Full Version : Looking for questions for Dhani Jones

Andy Freeland
10-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Dhani will be doing a video segment for FP. Post some questions here for him to answer. Feel free to ask anything, there are no stupid questions (because if it's stupid I just won't forward it to him). Ask about football X's and O's, current events, predictions, and of course about his travels around the world and his TV show.

Dhani played LB for 11 years with the Giants, Eagles and Bengals. He hosts the show 'Dhani Tackles the Globe' (http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Dhani_Jones) on the Travel Channel.

ScottDCP
10-19-2011, 06:54 PM
I quite enjoyed his tackling of the globe, and agree that durian is probably the nastiest s$*t he ever ate.

First, which sport is hardest on your liver? I have always thought it was rugby, but he has I think a broader perspective on the subject.

Second, what did you do to separate an unsuccessful season from your daily life in such a way that you were able to maintain a positive approach and demeanor toward the job when the season was falling to pieces around your team?

ScottDCP
10-19-2011, 07:49 PM
Third, do you feel as though your outside interests were ever a serious concern to your employers? How did your TV show get handled by the team? Were there insurance waivers/restrictions/flaming hoops to jump through?

Fourth, who is more fun to hit hard - RB, WR, OL, or QB?

Fifth, I tied my own bowtie at my wedding. I'm proud. My wife says it's obvious, which makes me even more proud:

http://ssm-movie.com/images/prettyPhoto/bowtie.jpg

BuckeyeRidley
10-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Third, do you feel as though your outside interests were ever a serious concern to your employers? How did your TV show get handled by the team? Were there insurance waivers/restrictions/flaming hoops to jump through?

Fourth, who is more fun to hit hard - RB, WR, OL, or QB?

Fifth, I tied my own bowtie at my wedding. I'm proud. My wife says it's obvious, which makes me even more proud:

http://ssm-movie.com/images/prettyPhoto/bowtie.jpg

Nice buddy. I wanna do that one day too but without instructions #WishMeLuck

ScottDCP
10-19-2011, 09:11 PM
Thanks! It's kinda like tying a shoelace but from underneath.

BuckeyeRidley
10-19-2011, 09:27 PM
Very Cool. I hope Dhani is a regular here.

"Sup Dhani. From a NFL player perspective, what makes Troy Polamalu the type of key player that makesa team player? What sets him apart from other defensive players?"

"What instructions can you provide on tying the perfect bow tie?"

"What do you think of Italy? How's their food? Packing tips?"

"What's your take on Hand Shake Gate?"

"What's the most dangerous offense play you had to cover? What kept you on your toes the most?"

"Should teams purposely not punt to guys like Devin Hester?"

Thanks Dhani. Welcome here to FP'verse.

KabaModernFan
10-19-2011, 09:47 PM
- In your career, do you believe you ever played alongside a more talented and gifted player than Charles Woodson in 1997 at Michigan?

- From your time in Philadelphia, how safe do you believe Andy Reid's job is? How committed did ownership seem to be to him while you were there?

- What are the biggest strengths and weaknesses in the games of Keith Rivers and Rey Maualuga?

- What was the hardest sport for you to learn in your show?

- Who has more left in the tank? T.O. or McNabb?

BuckeyeRidley
10-19-2011, 10:32 PM
"Have you been to Kings Island? Try the blue cone, it's awesome"

"Like Skyline Chili? What's your favorite on the menu? Other Cincy goodies include LaRosa's, Montgomery Inn ribs, Graeter's and Yagoot, just in case."

msclemons
10-19-2011, 11:33 PM
After seeing the Bengals start this year, do you regret retiring a little bit?

Polishguy00
10-19-2011, 11:43 PM
Mr. Jones:

Do you feel the treatment of head injuries was more lax than it is now?

As a linebacker, How does scheme interfere with personal wants? Moreover, how hard is it to just not want to nail a back in the thighs in contrast to playing the flat?

What is your favorite hit?

Who made you miss?

Is the rookie symposium smart, or did you make it because you are smart?

What was your first "I'm an NFL LB moment?"

What is the opposite of the last question?

When was the first time you thought about life outside of the game?

bluestree
10-19-2011, 11:44 PM
Besides being a tv personality, is there something you'd like to do, a dream gig you still aspire to?

Colts01
10-20-2011, 12:04 AM
Tougher to play linebacker against,Manning or Brady?

ScottDCP
10-20-2011, 08:14 AM
Besides being a tv personality, is there something you'd like to do, a dream gig you still aspire to?

Well, Video Contributor for FP is done...

OCcincyfan
10-20-2011, 06:42 PM
What's your take on the Carson situation? Were you surprised Carson dug in and refused to report? What do you think caused it? What do you think of the trade (from both sides)?

vancemeek
10-20-2011, 07:15 PM
What do you think of this year's Bengals team as compared to, say, the other two playoff teams from this decade?

What do you think the Bengal's should target in this year's draft? RB? S? OL?

Would you ever like to coach at the NFL or NCAA level?

TheChoctawPrincess
10-21-2011, 01:29 AM
Hi Dhani! I hope all is well. I know you're super busy & I don't want to take up too much of your time, so I'll get right down to my questions. Enjoy!

1. What made you decide to retire from the NFL after 11 years? Was this always the plan or did something change for you?

2. What will you miss most about being a Bengal, playing with the Bengals & being apart of professional organized sports?

3. You've had amazing opportunities to travel the world. Out of all of the counties you've traveled to, which are in your top 5?

4. Since you have some additional free time, will you pursue your dream/goal of becoming a Pediatric Neuro-surgeon?

5. Are you HAPPY? Truly HAPPY?

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions! God Bless.

BuckeyeRidley
12-17-2011, 03:54 AM
Sup Andy. When can we expect to see Dhani here? Around January or February as Cris indicated more happenings will happen?