PDA

View Full Version : The Palmer Era Begins.

Pruitt
10-23-2011, 08:49 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Sadly, no Raiders fans can afford internet access to read this posting, but Jesus God almighty!

Hope the Raiders enjoyed their week in a playoff position. It'll probably be 5 years before they reach it again.

iwatt
10-24-2011, 06:58 AM
That was ugly. He was floating a lot of those passes.

Pruitt
10-24-2011, 11:04 AM
I would imagine that Hue Jackson did not have a very good night's sleep.

Apparently, the Palmer trade was his move, and apparently, he is now Coach and GM of the team. While one game does not a season make, the signs are not good.

They play the Broncos, Dolphins and Vikings... as well as the Chargers twice, the Lions, Packers and Chiefs in KC.

I'm calling 7-9, and suddenly a Bills' wild card place doesn't seem so far fetched.

brauneyz
10-24-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm calling it now (and again). The wild cards will come from the north and east. Duh! :)

iwatt
10-24-2011, 03:21 PM
What you guys don't know is that it would take a 6 pick, shutout loss to the Chiefs, plus a virgin sacrifice, to bring Al Davis back from the dead. It's all part of the plan. :D

Amy
10-24-2011, 04:30 PM
I don't think they are dead yet. It was an ugly game, but it was just one game.

RSConn5
10-24-2011, 05:06 PM
I'm holding off on judgement at this point. Yes, Palmer didn't look good but he had been there for 3 days, they were down 21, and McFadden wasn't in the game. I will let this game pass for the Raiders and give them the bye week to get it together. But if they come out in week 9 and lose to Tebow at home....Panic time.

iwatt
10-24-2011, 05:12 PM
I'm holding off on judgement at this point. Yes, Palmer didn't look good but he had been there for 3 days, they were down 21, and McFadden wasn't in the game. I will let this game pass for the Raiders and give them the bye week to get it together. But if they come out in week 9 and lose to Tebow at home....Panic time.

I know what you mean, because he had no timing with the WR. But some of the throws looked like they had no zip. Hopefully for Carson, it was just a fluky day. If you read MMQB, it was clear that he didn't expect the start.

jdb593
10-24-2011, 06:23 PM
The lack of zip is going to be the big issue going forward. I suspect the Hue Jackson, David Dunn (Jackson and Carson's agent) and Chuck Breshnahan are remembering the good old days of Carson and Jackson was able to push this move through an unsettled Oakland front office situation. I think Jackson is finding out that he did not get the rocket-armed QB he remembered from his days in Cincy. He got an aging QB who suffered a major ligament injury to his elbow and never had it properly worked on and, as a result, can no longer be the down-field passer everyone hopes for. Only time will tell though.

Pruitt
10-24-2011, 08:16 PM
The lack of zip is going to be the big issue going forward. I suspect the Hue Jackson, David Dunn (Jackson and Carson's agent) and Chuck Breshnahan are remembering the good old days of Carson and Jackson was able to push this move through an unsettled Oakland front office situation. .

The same agent you say?

Oh boy...

wxwax
11-06-2011, 06:40 PM
It's only one half of football. Things can change in a hurry in the NFL.

But have you been able to watch the Raiders game today?

Carson Palmer is looking pretty good. Yes, it's the Broncos. But his performance gives the lie to all the discussion about his weak arm.

Turns out, as Joe Montana has known all along, that good quarterbacks rely more on good timing, good reads and accurate throws than they do strong arms. And so far Palmer has shown all of the above. The pick I saw came because he hasn't yet developed the back shoulder throw with his receivers. I assume that will come with practice and familiarity. And yes, he's stepping into his throws in a tight pocket.

As it stands right now, I think I was right in believing that Palmer give the Raiders their first competent QB in a decade. If the team stays healthy, they could be a force in the post-season.

wxwax
11-06-2011, 08:36 PM
I need to learn not to post at half-time. :)

300 yards, 3 TD's. But there's no sugar-coating 3 picks, even if one was in desperation mode at the end. The Raiders defense fell apart. And John Fox's Tebow nightmare continues.

iwatt
11-07-2011, 10:39 AM
I need to learn not to post at half-time. :)

300 yards, 3 TD's. But there's no sugar-coating 3 picks, even if one was in desperation mode at the end. The Raiders defense fell apart. And John Fox's Tebow nightmare continues.

Jeckyll and Hyde. He throws a wobbler one play, and then a BB the next....

Pruitt
11-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Holy crap. The Broncos are a game out of first. What a smelly division.

Andy Freeland
11-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Palmer has thrown 6 INTs in 6 quarters with the Raiders. That projects to 64 INTs for a full season, which would be a record.
Palmer has more INTs this year than Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith (who have each started 8 games) combined.

iwatt
11-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Palmer has more INTs this year than Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith (who have each started 8 games) combined.

http://www.ludditemachine.org/blog/uploaded_images/head_explode-779507.jpg

Bengals1181
11-26-2012, 08:53 AM
well-timed bump spam bot.