PDA

View Full Version : FPL media twitter list

Andy Freeland
08-10-2010, 02:44 PM
I would like to put together the ultimate twitter list. For those not familiar with Twitter, a list can be invaluable. Rather than having to hunt down everyone worth following, you can just subscribe to the list and see all of the latest headlines and insider info.

This one will just be for media. We'll do a separate one for players later. Throw out whoever you like. Tells us who they are, and what their Twitter account is. I'll start it off with, of course, PFT.

StarvinMarvin
08-10-2010, 02:52 PM
@mortreport
@Adam_Schefter
@SI_PeterKing

I have others particular to my team but nationally, those 3. They have extranious BS of course but...

DaBearsFan
08-10-2010, 03:06 PM
@fboutsiders , @FO_BBarnwell and @FO_ASchatz are the twitter handles for the main football outsiders guys.

Andy Freeland
08-10-2010, 03:41 PM
http://twitter.com/FootballProsLiv/fplmedia

I don't mind local. I would like to have 1 or 2 local guys for each team.

I put in all of the above except Aaron Schatz, doesn't look like he talks about football on his personal feed.
Nice start, but a long way to go. Keep them coming.

GiantsFaninToronto
08-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Following! :D

StarvinMarvin
08-10-2010, 03:46 PM
For Bengals:

@joereedy - very active
@espnafc_north - James Walker, their AFCN guy
@bengalsbuzztap

Andy Freeland
08-10-2010, 03:52 PM
For Bengals:

@joereedy - very active
@espnafc_north - James Walker, their AFCN guy
@bengalsbuzztap

OK, all 3 of those added. Maybe it's just bad timing, but espn's afc north guy seems to be all Browns.

Need more local guys so we're not accused of the now familiar and only somewhat accurate Bengals bias.

Cris Collinsworth
08-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Can you put a link to all of these on the Front page? I don't want it on my phone.

StarvinMarvin
08-10-2010, 04:00 PM
OK, all 3 of those added. Maybe it's just bad timing, but espn's afc north guy seems to be all Browns.

Need more local guys so we're not accused of the now familiar and only somewhat accurate Bengals bias.

He's really a Steelers guy. Just that he's at Brown's camp this week.

Andy Freeland
08-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Can you put a link to all of these on the Front page? I don't want it on my phone.

I am working on a sidebar widget that would have all of the latest tweets from our list.

giantsfan97
08-10-2010, 07:03 PM
My favorite Giants beat reporter Mike Garafolo https://twitter.com/NJ_Giants

DannyMilk
08-10-2010, 07:24 PM
http://twitter.com/bradbiggs - Bears Trib
http://twitter.com/espnchibears - JD and Wright for ESPN Chicago/ESPN 1000
To be honest, I don't know who Michael Wright is, but I can vouch for Jeff Dickerson...good guy, knows his stuff, works very very hard...Biggs is also legit

Andy Freeland
08-10-2010, 07:34 PM
That gets us to 14. Starting to look like something, but miles to go before we sleep.

buzmeg
08-10-2010, 09:56 PM
NFL twitter list:

http://listorious.com/silverfox863/nfl

msclemons
08-10-2010, 10:04 PM
49ers beat reporters
@Skinny_Post - Phil Barber, Press Democrat
@MaioccoCSN - Matt Maiocco, 49ers beat reporter for 7 or 8 years now

Can't believe no one has mentioned @sportsguy33 - Bill Simmons :) Although he doesn't really tweet much about sports.

Jaco
08-11-2010, 12:39 AM
@indystar_colts - Indianapolis Star's Colts account (w/ updates by reporters Bob Kravitz, Philip B Wilson, and Mike Chappell)

@18to88 - Nate Dunlevy, who maintains the 18to88.com website and is author of Blue Blood: Tales of Glory of the Indianapolis Colts.

Resdog154
08-11-2010, 01:19 PM
@sdutChargers - Kevin Acee covers the Chargers quite well IMHO

cobber66
08-11-2010, 01:57 PM
@WhitlockJason - Jason Whitlock, writes the NFL Truths column for FOX Sports during the season. Honestly I don't think he knows that much about the NFL, but he is entertaining!

Andy Freeland
08-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Ok, got most of them. Skipped 18to88, looks like he just uses twitter to spam for his site. following 20 now.

TrojanScott
08-11-2010, 05:10 PM
@michaelombardi

Andy Freeland
08-11-2010, 05:15 PM
@michaelombardi

Yep, got Lombardi. He's a must have.

DannyMilk
08-11-2010, 06:53 PM
stupid question, and I know Lombardi's legit, but is he somehow in the bloodline of Vince? I know it's a pretty common name, but just wondering.

BuckeyeRidley
08-12-2010, 01:58 AM
Cool topic as usual Andy Man! Sorry if any are repeated; I'm following the following, Here goes Something:

@indystar_colts, @SNFonNBC, @abente, @MrMichael_Smith, @EaglesInsider, @DCStarJEllis, @FootballProsLiv, @TomKowalski36, @snfgator, @JReidPost, @howardeskin, @vitostellino, @RapSheet, @BobGlauber, @Jerrymcd, @ryanohalloran, @RealRedskins, @albertbreer, @TheJetsStream, @NYPost_Hubbuch, @JohnNiyo, @LarryWeisman, @NCTchargers, @caplannfl, @NBCSNF, @Aflanny, @JimLMora, @judybattista, @Kdyer1012, @sdutCanepa, @dannyoneil, @THENFLTODAY, @Jeff_McLane, @TennesseanChris, @ChargersPRguy, @FootballPost, @BradBiggs, @JuddZulgad, @adamlevitan, @insidetheNFL, @JoshAlper, @merrilhoge, @FootballExpert, @alexmarvez, @michaelombardi, @DanKolko, @AP_NFL, @tomsorensen, @evansilva, @ProFootballWkly, @SI_JimTrotter, @NFLFanHouse, @tomecurran, @MaioccoCSN, @AJCFalcons, @DerrinHorton, @wyche89, @KennyAlbert, @NFLFilms, @MNF_on_ESPN, @NFLLIVEonESPN, @sdutChargers, @SI_RossTucker, @Andy_Fenelon, @jamiedukes, @greggrosenthal, @MichaelDavSmith, @LATimesfarmer, @YahooSportsNFL, @RealMikeSilver, @BonnieB_ESPN, @KeithOlbermann, @TonyDungy, @InsideNFLmedia, @NFLprguy, @richeisen, @NFLONFOX, @SNFSideline, @Adam_Schefter, @SI_PeterKing, @tafoyashow, @Troy_Aikman, @joebucklive, @ProFootballTalk, @Jay_Glazer, @JasonLaCanfora, @SiriusNFLRadio, @Rachel__Nichols, @gregaiello, @MNFMichele, @suzykolber, @mortreport, @TomJackson57, @nflnetwork, @MNFSuzy, @SamRyanCBS, @brennareneeNFL, @Official_Saints, @dallascowboys, @CinBengalsNFL, @OfficialBrowns, @DetroitLionsNFL, @tennesseetitans, @packers, @VikingsFootball, @KC_Chiefs1, @OneRamsWay, @Texans_Gameday, @MiamiDolphins, @TBBuccaneers, @jaguarsinsider, @Atlanta_Falcons, @realpatriots, @nyjets, @SF_49ers, @Denver_Broncos, @RAIDERS, @chargers, @Seahawks, @cpanthers, @buffalobillscom, @1WinningDrive, @TheSteveTisch, @PeteCarroll, @jschwartzlions, @malikshareef, @RosenhausSports, @NateHaber, @NFLFringe, @GeorgeAtallah, @NFLAprguy, @NFLonTheHill, @nfllabor, @joannanfl, @EAMaddenNFL, @NFLPA, @NFLAlumni, @NFL, @nflcommish, @ProFootballHOF, @KennyPordon, @Rotoworld_FB.

If you need anymore NFL media, personalities, agents, players from Twitter, just let me know!

BuckeyeRidley
08-12-2010, 02:02 AM
stupid question, and I know Lombardi's legit, but is he somehow in the bloodline of Vince? I know it's a pretty common name, but just wondering.

Sup DannyMilk! I'm aware that he's not in any relation to the The Vince Lombardi pack. Cool thought though!---No stupid question.

Zach
08-12-2010, 03:01 AM
For Packers @Greg_A_Bedard (MJS beat guy) is a must as well as @jasonjwilde espn milwaukee's beat writer

BuckeyeRidley
08-12-2010, 06:33 AM
For Packers @Greg_A_Bedard (MJS beat guy) is a must as well as @jasonjwilde espn milwaukee's beat writer

Welcome to FPL Zach! Thanks for the contact; I'm following Greg!