PDA

View Full Version : anyone seen Hard Knocks with the Jets?

tzaf75
08-12-2010, 01:44 AM
as a Jets fun i am just speechless(just to make it clear,i loved it)

i dont rememer any of the other shows in the past go so much inside Manaegment issues involving the GM and owner that much.

i am stunned by Rex Ryan(which i love), the guy is funny,acts like a movie star and the he lets the **** bombs fly like no other...

what do people here who probebly have more info then me about whats going on inside an NFL team has to say about this?

JUMPAROUND
08-12-2010, 01:57 PM
as a Jets fun i am just speechless(just to make it clear,i loved it)

i dont rememer any of the other shows in the past go so much inside Manaegment issues involving the GM and owner that much.

i am stunned by Rex Ryan(which i love), the guy is funny,acts like a movie star and the he lets the **** bombs fly like no other...

what do people here who probebly have more info then me about whats going on inside an NFL team has to say about this?

Man, I want to reply because I thought it was an excellent episode, but the amount grammar mistakes in your post is down right terrible and hard to read.

Bengals1181
08-12-2010, 02:13 PM
watched some of it lastnight. Rex is a weasel

InNOutBurgler
08-12-2010, 03:18 PM
C'mon man...don't dog him for messing up his grammar or spelling...you know what he said so reply to the post or don't. We specifically are trying to avoid the kind of douchebaggery that exists on other forums such as blasting other people's sentence structure, punctuation etc. It's not a big deal and there was no need to insult him. Please take the high road.

JUMPAROUND
08-12-2010, 03:39 PM
It's all good InNOutBurgler. When I have to read something more than one time to understand it I simply won't reply, easy as that.

GoBigOrGoHome
08-12-2010, 04:01 PM
I heard NFL.com might put the whole video up for those of us who do not have HBO.

StarvinMarvin
08-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Yeah. Florio had a thing this morning that HBO and NFL.com both might show it. Been looking on both sites and nothing yet.

Bengals1181
08-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Yeah. Florio had a thing this morning that HBO and NFL.com both might show it. Been looking on both sites and nothing yet.

they never have in the past. Can't see any way HBO would allow it. I'd be careful trusting anything Florio has to say. :eek:

GiantsFaninToronto
08-12-2010, 05:27 PM
I've never seen a single episode of Hard Knocks. No network in Canada has it. If the Giants ever participate (unlikely if Coughlin has way, depending on how long he remains), I'll be pissed if I can't see it.

StarvinMarvin
08-12-2010, 05:31 PM
The first 5 seasons are currently available on Hulu (http://www.hulu.com/nfl/hard-knocks) if you want to watch.

Andy Freeland
08-12-2010, 06:05 PM
I forgot to watch, now I can't find a replay. Don't they usually run these several times?

StarvinMarvin
08-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Looks like it's on at midnight tonight or 5:30 pm tomorrow evening east coast time.

Wordsworth
08-12-2010, 06:59 PM
How long do you figure until the episode becomes available on Hulu or NFL.com? I do not have HBO. Do they wait until the season is all aired before they put it online?

Bengals1181
08-12-2010, 07:05 PM
How long do you figure until the season becomes available on Hulu or NFL.com? I do not have HBO.

they don't even have last years (Bengals) on hulu yet if that tells you anything...

Never seen them on nfl.com before.

NFL Network occasionally plays them, but they won't play the Jets ones until after this upcoming season likely.

Bengals1181
08-12-2010, 07:05 PM
if you do enough searching you can watch them live online...

Andy Freeland
08-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Looks like it's on at midnight tonight or 5:30 pm tomorrow evening east coast time.

Yep, midnight tonight. Not sure how I missed that.

InNOutBurgler
08-12-2010, 09:03 PM
It's all good InNOutBurgler. When I have to read something more than one time to understand it I simply won't reply, easy as that.

Sounds good.

giantsfan97
08-12-2010, 11:47 PM
I've never seen a single episode of Hard Knocks. No network in Canada has it. If the Giants ever participate (unlikely if Coughlin has way, depending on how long he remains), I'll be pissed if I can't see it.

My understanding is that HBO has approached the Giants but it was the owners who shot them down. I believe that there is an open invitation if they ever change their minds. Part of me would love to watch it if the Giants participated, but I also totally respect the owners decision.

msclemons
08-13-2010, 12:08 AM
I forgot to watch, now I can't find a replay. Don't they usually run these several times?

HBO has the first episode on their site for free (hbo.com). You just have to register.

They don't last long though, usually they only keep episodes up for 2 weeks or so.

kotar44
08-13-2010, 01:05 AM
As a Giant fan growing up in NY, I've never hated the Jets; honestly they often seemed so insignificant and second class I rarely paid attention. Obviously they are hard to ignore now, what with all the hype. How the season plays out will be interesting to watch at the least, but I have to tell you I found the display on "Hard Knocks" rather embarrasing. Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe just too old school, but I can't think of many successful head coaches looking so juvenile, and being such out and out media whores. Was he trying to look cool? I don't know, but it certainly did not bring Landry, Noll, Shula or Walsh to mind. Such a talented team, its a shame for them they got so little coverage because of hurricane Rex...

msclemons
08-13-2010, 01:17 AM
Dunno how, but HBO consistently surprises me with their production value. Just watched my first Hard Knocks ever (Jets, week 1) and now I'm hooked. HBO almost made me like the Jets - that's good TV right there.

Andy Freeland
08-13-2010, 02:12 PM
Finally saw it, well worth the wait. As good or better than last year and that's saying something.

Colts01
08-13-2010, 03:58 PM
The first 5 seasons are currently available on Hulu (http://www.hulu.com/nfl/hard-knocks) if you want to watch.

ahhh yes great link KYBengalFan...thanks much for it

msclemons
08-13-2010, 04:12 PM
That link was evil KYBengalFan. I stayed up until 1 am watching the first season (Ravens). Now work is even suckier than usual.

Seeing a decade younger Rex Ryan right after watching the Jets Knocks was interesting.

StarvinMarvin
08-13-2010, 04:17 PM
That link was evil KYBengalFan. I stayed up until 1 am watching the first season (Ravens). Now work is even suckier than usual.

Seeing a decade younger Rex Ryan right after watching the Jets Knocks was interesting.

Sorry Clem. Just helping where I can. Insomnia works for me if that's an option. ;)

Dave Lapham
08-13-2010, 04:20 PM
I'm not surprised that the Revis negotiations will now be handled outside of any media outlet. It was a circus on Hard Knocks, and if that were to continue the odds of Revis ever signing would be slim and none and slim left town. Rex is truly a piece of work. I wonder how much different he will be on future episodes now that his Mom jumped his case for his use of foul language. I'm sure Buddy was proud as hell though. Rex does make it fun. I can honestly say I would love to play for the guy. He would ALWAYS have your back if you have his. That means just about everything.

RSConn5
08-13-2010, 04:23 PM
This is going to be the best season of Hard Knocks just because of Rex Ryan. I don't want HBO to follow anybody but him. I liked the Cowboys season a lot but the Jets' season looks like its going to blow it out of the water.

KeithRyanCartwright
08-14-2010, 07:02 AM
I was and still am looking forward to this season, but I just hope that Rex Ryan's choice of words doesn't get in the way of the actual content of what could be a rather interesting season. Obviously Rex is pandoring to the cameras (at least a little bit) and having fun with his team (during an otherwise grueling time of the year), but lets just hope he doesn't simply become a character of himself.

InNOutBurgler
08-14-2010, 07:48 AM
As a Giant fan growing up in NY, I've never hated the Jets; honestly they often seemed so insignificant and second class I rarely paid attention. Obviously they are hard to ignore now, what with all the hype. How the season plays out will be interesting to watch at the least, but I have to tell you I found the display on "Hard Knocks" rather embarrasing. Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe just too old school, but I can't think of many successful head coaches looking so juvenile, and being such out and out media whores. Was he trying to look cool? I don't know, but it certainly did not bring Landry, Noll, Shula or Walsh to mind. Such a talented team, its a shame for them they got so little coverage because of hurricane Rex...

I agree...I despise the Jets...and I hate how everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon and just loves all the talk and boasting and bragging. Haven't we learned anything from sports history or even just history in general?

You never heard the Pats run their mouths while they were ripping off multiple Super Bowl championships which is why I am forced to respect and admire them even though they beat down the Phins for the last decade.

Rex is just like his Dad and just like daddy he will be a flash in a pan...Marino put down daddy's defense and Manning treated the Jets like the dogs they are. You could see it happening, Manning just decided "eff this" and went berserk. Don't think other teams haven't learned the lesson. Rex is a one trick pony. Teams with competent QBs and talent on the Oline will simply line 4 wide and throw to all the receivers who aren't covered because he's blitzing 47 guys.

True, not every team can do this but Manning can and the Saints for sure can. SD should be able to as well as Green Bay although their O Line is suspect.

I'm not going to pretend it's a valid argument for my case...but it works in Madden11...lol

Bengals1181
08-14-2010, 07:23 PM
they don't even have last years (Bengals) on hulu yet if that tells you anything...

Never seen them on nfl.com before.

NFL Network occasionally plays them, but they won't play the Jets ones until after this upcoming season likely.

well I'll be a monkey's uncle, they did put it on nfl.com

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-hard-knocks/09000d5d819ba5f2/Hard-Knocks-Training-Camp-with-the-New-York-Jets?module=HP_headlines

Anything for the new york market I guess. :woot:

BuckeyeRidley
08-14-2010, 07:31 PM
Yeah; Sometimes online can be a big life saver when people can't get it on their TV. Good option!

TheLinc
08-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Good episode, but fell short of making me care about or like that organization of buffoons. ;)

Rex hamming it up for the cameras was to be expected though.

BubbaLove
08-15-2010, 05:43 PM
The Jets are going to have to step it up a notch if they want to top last season. The numbers will be better just because of the NY market, but it's unlikely the show will be better. I thought the first episode was sorta bland even with Rex playing it up for the cameras.

Wordsworth
08-16-2010, 11:49 AM
I don't think Rex Ryan hams it up for anyone. He is just like that 24/7.

giantsfan97
08-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Sorry if it's been mentioned already, but I was able to watch the episode on HBO.com after registering (free) with them.

mattpett
08-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Say what you want about the Jets but they are pretty entertaining.

Jaco
08-16-2010, 05:51 PM
Does anybody care about this? The NFL makes a concerted effort to portray the league as "family friendly," which is how they explain harsh player punishments for sometimes minor infractions. Is Ryan making the league look bad?

Former Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy doesn't approve of New York Jets coach Rex Ryan's salty vocabulary on HBO's Hard Knocks television program. Dungy is a deeply religious person who was offended by Ryan's profanity with the "F" word the most commonly used one. "I'm disappointed with all the profanity," said Dungy during the Dan Patrick radio show. "I think Rex can make his points without all that." Dungy went so far as to say that he wouldn't hire a coach who speaks that way. "I would not," Dungy said. "I personally don't want my players to be around that. I don't want to be around that. It's hard for me to be around that. If I were in charge, no, I wouldn't hire someone like that. "Now, I've been around 'F' bombs, so it's not like it's new. I just don't think that has to be part of your every-minute, every-day vocabulary to get your point across." Ryan's mother has criticized him for his cursing. And Dungy said he hopes that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has a little talk with Ryan about representing the league's shield. "I would hope that he does," Dungy said. "I don't know that he will or not, but I hope that he does because I just don't think the league needs that. I don't think our young people need to hear that that's what's done to be successful."

(http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Tony-Dungy-has-a-problem-with-Rex-Ryans-cursing.html)

tzaf75
08-16-2010, 07:22 PM
and Tony Dungy helping bring back a dog killer make the league look bad? i dont think the league needs that...

i think Dungy should focus on himself,his family and the mistakes he made...

giantsfan97
08-17-2010, 07:59 AM
Sounds to me like Dungy's being a little too pushy with his personal values there.

InNOutBurgler
08-17-2010, 08:56 AM
Yeah I'm certainly no fan of Rex Ryan, but these are grown men, making millions of dollars on an HBO show. The whole point of the show is to be a dramatic documentary and loses it's value if people begin editing themselves. I wish Rex would shut his fat mouth up too but not because he cusses...just because all he does is talk and meanwhile his team is average and nothing special.

People talk this way...everywhere, and it isn't Tony's right to say that it's wrong or it isn't wrong. I hate this moral crap that gets shoved down my throat by zealots.

NFLchick
08-17-2010, 10:07 AM
Best. Show. Ever. Even if you don't appreciate "cinematography" you gotta love NFL Films and how they uniquely capture each angle. Looking forward to seeing a Jets fan confront Jason Taylor - all of the bad blood doesn't just go away miraculously when he arrives at camp. Should be fun to watch . . . .

DannyMilk
08-17-2010, 02:55 PM
Loved the episode, and love Rex...we had Buddy Ryan here, and people still respect him 20 some odd years later...If Rex lives up to the hype, and there's a lot of it, the Jets will be scary this decade. Loved the episode, saw it online (some fancast.com link I found because I don't have HBO anymore)...liked pretty much everything except for the Hawaiin O-Line thing, even though they won't be focusing on that all that much anymore seeing as how Kia got cut, and then was clearly angry about it. I forgot that they even had Kris Jenkins coming back...frightening how much talent they have. Again, like last season, I am looking forward to the Fullback battle...and even if one of the guys doesn't make it, looking forward to him catching on with another team ala Corey Lynch.

Wordsworth
08-17-2010, 07:16 PM
I do enjoy the production of the shows. They can make most any team entertaining. Even the Chiefs one was pretty solid.

Colts01
08-18-2010, 11:47 AM
I love hard knocks from the style of the filming to the angles of light the director uses (film class) etc. and with the Jets being one of the "love or hate" teams it amps the interest level up.Yesterday on Dan Patrick's radio show Tony Dungy called for the commish to step in and advise Rex Ryan to ease back on the F bomb.Phillys 97.5 fanatic had Buddy Ryan on yesterday and was a fun listen!
http://www.975thefanatic.com/teams/eagles/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10132571