Top 10 Things I Knew I Knew Going into 2011
10) Chris Johnson Would Dominate Again If he Ever Signed: Not so much. The Titans have played well despite the fact that they can't get Chris Johnson going. Go figure.
9) The Packers Would Dominate the NFC North: It never crossed my mind to include, "if they can hold off the 5-0 Detroit Lions."
8) Due to the Lockout, Defenses would be Way Ahead of the Offenses Early: Is it possible that all these exotic blitz schemes now need more practice time than the offenses?
7) The Jets and Patriots Were a Two Team Division in the AFC East: Currently they are the MIDDLE two teams in that division due to the Bills win over the Patriots.
6) Rex Grossman was a Better Comedian than Quarterback: That was so funny when he said the Redskins were going to win the NFC East. Oops.
5) If Jay Cutler were a little Tougher the Bears could Win a Super Bowl: So far, Jay Cutler's toughness is the ONLY thing that is keeping the Bears alive with that offensive line.
4) Cam Newton would take at Least 5 Years to Develop as an NFL QB: Five Games later he is one of my favorite quarterbacks to watch. Ben Roethlisberger's toughness in the pocket, with Mike Vick's elusiveness.
3) Finally, the Bengals have picked a great year to have the worst team in the NFL: Rookie quarterback with a new offensive coordinator = Andrew Luck = Party time in Cincinnati. Bengals looking for win number 4 against the winless Colts.
2) Alex Smith is a Great Kid, so despite the Evidence I still can't bring myself to call him a Bust: Is Jim Harbaugh the next great QB maker to patrol the sidelines? Bill Walsh would be proud.
1) The Eagles Really are a Dream Team: What will this nightmare look like on Halloween? Too many changes to key coaching positions, and now they are talking about bringing in consultants? Ouch.